• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sportsman From Another Sport

Mariusz Pudzianowski (5 times worlds strongest man) plays prop for his local team - apparently he just drives straight through the entire opposition pack
10506.jpg

I was talking with Mariusz and asked him about this picture. He said he doesn't play much anymore but will still go out for a social match every now and then. Judging by his recent MMA performances, I don't suspect he'd have enough wind for more than a half.

I was talking with Mariusz and asked him about this picture. He said he doesn't play much anymore but will still go out for a social match every now and then. Judging by his recent MMA performances, I don't suspect he'd have enough wind for more than a half.

By which time he would have 13 of the opposition team on the way to the nearest hospital.

I always thought that Usain Bolt would make a great 7's player.

Not quite a sportsman, but Boris Johnson is a beast and could pretty much play anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever he tackled is a big girls blouse

Cracking hit though - Stick him at 6

Zinedine Zidane would make a great substitute for Bakkies Botha in the Springboks.

[video=youtube;vF4iWIE77Ts&rel=0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF4iWIE77Ts&rel=0[/video]

He already has his technique well sorted.

Steve Thompson played in that match with Boris Johnson ..he looked a pretty decent footballer actually from what I remember :p

Zinedine Zidane would make a great substitute for Bakkies Botha in the Springboks.

[video=youtube;vF4iWIE77Ts&rel=0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF4iWIE77Ts&rel=0[/video]

He already has his technique well sorted.

Also Vinne "Psycho" Jones (aka "Bullet tooth" Tony :D )

And I always thought that Didier Cuche (swiss skier) could be a good footballer.
First: he is crazy. Absolutely mad (I met him, very likeable guy!!). Just for what he does usually to live.
Second: he's a butcher (before becoming pro skier).
Third: he has the most powerful backbone and legs I've ever seen in a 174x94kg man.
I mean, doing what he does, at 110-120 kph (and sometimes at 140) you really must be made of concrete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some crazy training methods - must have mad core strength and stability!

As a prop I would love to see Matthias Steiner ( olympic weight lifting champion in 2008 - 183cm 145,9 KG ). I think this guy has immense power in his legs.
Also interesting as a prop in a scrum would be any sumo wrestler!
Talking about football (soccer) players: I would love to see christiano ronaldo in any rugby team because that just means that he would absolutely get smashed and probably die on the rugby field.^_^
Vinnie Jones, Zidane and Oliver Kahn are guys that would have been good rugby players I think.

One guy I would love to see playing rugby is german discus champion Robert Harting. This man is 201 cm and 126 kg but a great athlete and I think he is a fair runner too. I guess he could be a great 2nd rower or maybe Number 8

Last edited:
I'd love to see Remi Gaillard play Rugby :p he's an amazing soccer player so I'm sure he'd be able to best Morne Steyn at kicking.

I'd love to see David Pocock and Jerry Collins have a friendly game of Croquet.

Peter Schmeichel as a fullback (a little Danish indulgence from me there!)

usain bolt on the 7s field--- could you really just give him the ball and watch him run the ball in for a try?

lebron james (basketball player)-- huge guy, but athletic with it and great ball skills. not sure where i would put him, but he could be a cross between jamie roberts with SBW ball-handling skills.

i guess you could look at the big powerlifters for scrummaging & ball carrying. i guess if they're not coming over, it must be down to technicalities of the position, more money where they are, or perhaps drug testing regulations! but, if you could get some powerlifters that can even just scrummage and carry ball, there could be a place for them in the right gameplan.

Troy Polamalu or even Ray Lewis in his prime would of made a nice blindside.

Dawyne The Rock Johnson his size and power a mammoth #8

Last edited:

Latest posts