• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spoty 2016

TBH I thought he had won it already.

That might have been against him.

Although winning Wimbledon is nothing special now.

TBH SPOTY is always annoying mind so are TRF awards (I have been robbed out of a medal)

#JusticeForTigs

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...orts-personality-2016-award-alistair-brownlee

Even Brownlee and Skelton say it is sad Mo hasn't been voted in the top 3 since 2011.

For me Mo's achievements are incredible and what stands out about them is that no one from this country has ever done them before," Brownlee said. "There is a good chance that no one will again. It's not like someone does it every year – it is a complete one-off in what are two very competitive, blue riband athletic events."

Brownlee, who finished in second place behind Andy Murray on Sunday night, said he was flabbergasted that Farah had finished in the top three of Spoty only once, in 2011. "I'm not sure why he's not in the top three," he said. "It doesn't necessarily help if you're not there on the night; maybe some people don't see him as British. He trains abroad, too.

"It's really sad, because for me he is the perfect British story. It's what we should be about: a person who comes to Britain as a young man, as a refugee, and an ex‑schoolteacher identifies something that he's brilliant at and he represents Britain as the best in the world. I think that's a fantastic British story."

Latest posts