• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spoty 2016

The euro's reminded us that it was a team game, now let's spend the next 10 minutes talking about bale and how key he was.

I like how they mentioned Wales, France, Portugual there was another team in the semi final aswell.

Don't mention the war!

Entire team out for hockey.....could they not be doing the standard Team GB cop out this year?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope still on the cop out.

- - - Updated - - -

And now for two failed Olympians!

I missed the first hour but has English Rugby even had a mention yet after that year?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ignore that, here we go.

I was thinking with how much they were promoting the GB team/Paralympic team during the show it was going to be them. But glad it was Leicester City in the year of the underdog.

I can't believe Michael Bisping didn't even get a cheeky nomination
Massive character, had done a HUGE amount for MMA in this country and is the first UK UFC champion, along with defending it and beating one of the GOATs this year.
The BBC invited him to the award show and he basically told them to swivel.

I can't believe Michael Bisping didn't even get a cheeky nomination
Massive character, had done a HUGE amount for MMA in this country and is the first UK UFC champion, along with defending it and beating one of the GOATs this year.
The BBC invited him to the award show and he basically told them to swivel.

BBC don't give a fek about UFC and will prob never give a fek about UFC outside of it is such a snobby Blazers thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Typical horse people I like Nick and his sons are great in the race industry, but he shouldn't have been 3rd.
Brownlee a great 2nd IMO
Murray was so obvious.

(What is that background for Murray I bet he is in Bolton or something).
).

How did Carl Frampton not get a nomination? He should have won ours ahead of McGregor and is easily up there with Murray and Bale, who I think should have won.

WTF Mo Farah doesn't even place in the top 3 and a show jumper does? Hmmmm the guy is the most successful distance runner and can't even place in three years when he was Olympic Champion and world champion.

Mo Farah can really feel hard done but then we don't like immigrants so I guess that's why. Mind you we hate the Scottish more.

Nick Skelton is the one I feel annoyed about being there. Lucky to be shortlisted now third place...

Mo Farah can really feel hard done but then we don't like immigrants so I guess that's why. Mind you we hate the Scottish more.

Nick Skelton is the one I feel annoyed about being there. Lucky to be shortlisted now third place...

Did not want to say it outright but yes. Also the fact he is a Muslim does not help.

TBH I thought he had won it already.

That might have been against him.

Although winning Wimbledon is nothing special now.

TBH SPOTY is always annoying mind so are TRF awards (I have been robbed out of a medal)

Last edited:
IMG_0045.JPG

Breakdown of the total vote. AM scored more than double Brownlee, who in turn had more than 10,000 votes than Skelton, whose vote was double that of Mo who finished fourth.

Just under 750,000 votes. Not bad considering the winner this year was a foregone conclusion and being a Sunday night. I can still see it go on for the foreseeable future. It's lasted 63 years so far. It's a good bash for UK sport. It should change its name though.

Delighted for Brownlee. Got to treat him a few times and him and his brother really opened my eyes to how elite triathletes train and it's phenomenal.

Latest posts