• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks A Different Team At Home

Alright boys chill out. Let's all try and find a level where we can empathise with one another... Say, choking at world cups?

Hello kettle, black you say? Well that's a bit rich.

I kid by the way. Oh, wjd23104, you're an idiot.

Last edited:
On the subject of choking at world cups, i read in Rugby World today that the All Blacks have been offered £50k PER PLAYER if they win the world cup. They can't even win it at the best of times, let along with that extra pressure hanging over them :p

I kid, i kid! But it's fun feeding the trolls

Well thanks for telling me Wales are likley to lose, I hope I can cope and that my huge ego doesnt deflate and will aloow me to make sweeping, overtly biased remarks.

Jackass
Hey I've got to make the most of this good form, we all know theres a good chance the AB's will go belly up at the World Cup next year. The fact is the problems with the Springboks have nothing to do with where the games were played. They just played **** and got beaten. Granted they'll probably beat the Aussies in South Africa but they'll have to improve dramatically just to do that.

On the subject of choking at world cups, i read in Rugby World today that the All Blacks have been offered £50k PER PLAYER if they win the world cup. They can't even win it at the best of times, let along with that extra pressure hanging over them :p

The money they get for 2nd place isn't far off from the winning stakes either.

Setting up to fail? Or an attempt to lure NH based players for the WC?

nah, the all blacks have been losing world cups on purpose, so eventually a deal like this would come along:p

Isn't that about what you Northern Hemisphere blokes pay our guys just to turn up to training?

I was under the impression that the 50k per player was the cut they get from the prize money if they win, not like, an incentive given to them by the rugby union..

I was under the impression that the 50k per player was the cut they get from the prize money if they win, not like, an incentive given to them by the rugby union..
It says:
Rugby World - Sep 10 said:
Each All Black will net a £50,000 bonus if they win next year's World Cup, following a deal between the NZRU and the players' association (NZRPA)
Then it goes on about the sallary caps

comes down to basics....the new laws of the game dont fit into the springbrok (and northern hemisphere) , non attacking rugby...

Isn't that about what you Northern Hemisphere blokes pay our guys just to turn up to training?

Well a player should not have to be payed to play for his country...its a bloody honour to be selected and that in itself should be payment enough....

Well at least the All Blacks have not "choked" at the group stage.... yet!

comes down to basics....the new laws of the game don't fit into the Springbok (and northern hemisphere) , non attacking rugby...

First of all, there are NO NEW LAWS!!! All that has happened is that SANZAR referees made a decision that, for the 2010 Super 14, they were going to apply the Laws the way THEY believed the Laws were intended, so as to reward teams that took the ball into contact with the intent of playing positively. They copped a lot of criticism north of the equator for this decision, but when it became apparent that the result was faster and more exciting running rugby with an increase in try-scoring and a HUGE decrease in the amount of aimless "aerial ping-pong", them "oop north" decided that maybe us colonials had hit upon a good idea. They took it on board an by mid-March 2010, the RFU put out a release to have elite referees apply these interpretations. Of course, it didn't prevent the British Media from claiming it was an RFU initiative and totally giving no credit whatsoever to the SANZAR referees.

Secondly, these interpretations and applications may not fit into the Springbok style, a reasonable suggestion since we have seen that for ourselves, but to simply generalise and say that the NH don't play attacking rugby is just rubbish. You might have a point with teams like England and Scotland, who tend to play the 10-man game a lot more, but I would hardly include Ireland, Wales and France under that generalisation.

Thanks for the defence Cooky, but in all honesty we've (Ireland) played very turgid rugby over the past two years. A shame really, we have some nice backs and all.

Thanks for the defence Cooky, but in all honesty we've (Ireland) played very turgid rugby over the past two years. A shame really, we have some nice backs and all.

Maybe so, but I don't believe they won the 6 Nations (and Grand Slam) in 2009 playing turgid rugby all the time.

The 30-21 win over France at Croke was an a pretty exciting game to watch, even for a neutral.

I think in the NH you have to play very much to the conditions. 6N is played in February & March & the British Isles ain't exactly renowned for its balmy climate and hard/fast playing surfaces at that time of year.

Also, while I'm talking playing surfaces, when are some of your clubs going to do something about the awful pitches there? I see Magner's League and Premiership matches played in paddocks I wouldn't even graze sheep in!! How about some turf culture!!!??

It says:

Each All Black will net a £50,000 bonus if they win next year's World Cup, following a deal between the NZRU and the players' association (NZRPA)

Then it goes on about the sallary capss

That doesn't really refute my point.. The Rugby Union of the winning team gets x amount of dollars as prize money. The players association then discusses with the union how much money they players get paid as bonus upon winning the cup (which makes sense because the union only comes into these millions of dollars as a result of the players exploits at the tournament). The players association is effectively making a deal to see each player get a cut of the prize money.

I think you will find that every team in the tournament has a similar deal in place should their union receive the prize money. It strikes of selective journalism actually, making out that New Zealand is this corporate power house throwing money around trying to buy themselves a worldcup..

It strikes of selective journalism actually.

Is there any other kind?
4.gif

The Boks are definitley tougher at home, especially at altitude. However, they are missing a ball in hand fly half and a great flanker like Brussouw to compete for possession. Morne Steyn just is not cutting it with his passing game. They should move Pienaar to fly half and someone at scrum half who can run the ball.

WHOAH woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah ..woah ....woah .....woah .......woah ..............woah .........................woah .........................................woah ..............................................................................woah

Naw you're perfectly right! Pretty turgid indeed! Carry on! :D

Latest posts