• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks A Different Team At Home

Haha do you seriously believe that! its so flawed and short sighted..
Okay, to break it down;

1)You only have 2 sides capable of winning next years tournament, the Sharks are on the decline. 9th place isn't anything to hang hopes on. Also, the Cheetahs exceeded expectations this year and got 11th place, you are kidding your self if you think SA could have 4 or even 3 ***le contenders in the next 15 years.

2)Salary caps don't make players move north, it makes them move to other teams in their own country, strengthening the nation as a whole. I dont see how it would make them leave South Africa at all?

3)"Our best players being stacked also means young players get gametime at the other unions and then in return get included into the bigger unions untill they are full" This is absolute wishfull thinking nonsense. It defies belief.. i sincerely hope as a fan of international rugby that this is not how SA aims to run their teams because its a cataclysmicly poor tactic.

1. Aye, I can't believe the s***ty Sharks only managed a measly 7 wins out of 8, once they got over their poor start (not to say that they weren't poor in their remaining games) And the Cheetahs would have a very good team, should they retain their players
2. A salary cap would do as you say, distribute players evenly, thus distribute skilled players even, which means that younger players, such as the English convertees that were mentioned, might be inticed to stay.

3. I think he was actually moaning about this point

I think it's a bit far fetched thinking the Bok's are going to be a completely different team at home. Considering their last 3 games they got thrashed, that PDV is a comedian, not a coach, that the law interpretations favour NZ and AUS far more, and that running rugby is finally back. How do others think the Bok's will all of a sudden play better because their back home? if they looked even remotely good on the road I'd say so but let's be honest here. They are so far off the pace their already lookin at the wooden spoon and some think they'll magically transform at home?. It will be tougher to win over there, as per usual of course, but c'mon if this Bok's team were any good we would have seen atleast a glimpse of a good team. Their only chance to beat NZ and AUS is to a) beat them at their own game by running it and scoring tries or b) kill the coach. I think b) is the best bet...

1. Aye, I can't believe the s***ty Sharks only managed a measly 7 wins out of 8, once they got over their poor start (not to say that they weren't poor in their remaining games) And the Cheetahs would have a very good team, should they retain their players
2. A salary cap would do as you say, distribute players evenly, thus distribute skilled players even, which means that younger players, such as the English convertees that were mentioned, might be inticed to stay.

3. I think he was actually moaning about this point

The Sharks arent "****" by any stretch of the imagination, but they are simply not realistic ***le contenders at this point. Would you put money on them to win next year? The team as it stands would get soundly beaten by the Sharks of a couple years ago, thats why i say they are on the decline. The Cheetahs, as i have said are very slow improvers, but i dont like their chances at winning the tournament in the next 10 years.. The scenario he put forward of SA having 4 ***le contenders in the near future is just ridiculous.

I know this may sound bonkers, but I have this intense fear of England losing to the Springboks, ever since they beat us since the World cup final. I've only told my dad about this, so please be supportive of me in coming out with this

I know this may sound bonkers, but I have this intense fear of England losing to the Springboks, ever since they beat us since the World cup final. I've only told my dad about this, so please be supportive of me in coming out with this

A month ago I'd have said Sa would beat England no problem at all, now though I'm not so sure.

Sounds like something you would hear on Jeremy Kyle!

It's been so easy to dismiss the Boks three games into the 2010 Tri Nations. They have struggled for direction without Du Preez, there attack has been all over the show, their defense has been found wanting on numerous occasions and in general have looked very flat or non enthused.

We have to remember that most of the top players in South Africa had to play in the final of this years Super 14, while both the New Zealand and Australian players got to refresh and spend more time in their national team camps.

The Boks also had to travel to Wales for a centenary match. An invitation that the SARU was reluctant to accept because of the extra work load it would put on an already over scheduled Springbok team. Then it was a mad rush home to meet the French in a one off test followed by two against the Azurri, not to mention playing in the shadow of the Soccer World Cup.

I'm not trying to defend the Springboks but I think there are a number of factors why they have started the 2010 Tri Nations so poorly. They will be a much tougher opponent at home, they'll be back in their comfort zone and now that the Soccer World Cup is over they'll have access to the traditional stadiums of South African rugby.

All international rugby teams go through these phases and this champion Springbok team is sure to bounce back with vengance. I'm hoping that it's now and not next year when we have the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand. It's hard work being a one-eyed All Blacks supporter.

To Springbok fans worldwide - Dont despair.

In the words of Jake The Muss... "You'll Be Back" :D
Sadly this is just not true. South African teams play in the Super 14 final? oh yeah that explains losing three straight games in the Tri-Nations(Not). Do you have no shame? The springboks could not have played much worse and you think a couple of weeks rest and homefield advantage is going to stop the AB's dealing out another hiding? the only thing that can turn around this team is culling the huge amounts of dead weight and that includes the Coach. I am so sick of people making excuses for their teams. Oh we got yellow carded (well turns out that doesn't stop the Abs), we were playing away from home( wrong again doesn't stop the ABs) the refs are against us (funny how the conspiracy theories only come out after you get beaten)

Sadly this is just not true. South African teams play in the Super 14 final? oh yeah that explains losing three straight games in the Tri-Nations(Not). Do you have no shame? The springboks could not have played much worse and you think a couple of weeks rest and homefield advantage is going to stop the AB's dealing out another hiding? the only thing that can turn around this team is culling the huge amounts of dead weight and that includes the Coach. I am so sick of people making excuses for their teams. Oh we got yellow carded (well turns out that doesn't stop the Abs), we were playing away from home( wrong again doesn't stop the ABs) the refs are against us (funny how the conspiracy theories only come out after you get beaten)

Actually the OP has a few points. Some aspects of their play can be put down to fatigue, a lot of travel, some unnessecary, in the last 4-5 weeks and have played some hard intense games. He is also right to say that a game at Durban, a game at Ellis will a far tougher prospect than playing in Aukland. Think about how 70,000+ people cheering you instead of jeering you will boost the Boks.

And quite frankly, it's very easy to take the high and mighty attitude you take when your side wins. I'll be waiting to when the Kiwis do lose a game, and they will don't worry about that, and see how you react. If I, or other members, see you reacting by critising officials or generally making excuses you will be pounced on so quick your head will spin.

[[/U][/B]
Actually the OP has a few points. Some aspects of their play can be put down to fatigue, a lot of travel, some unnessecary, in the last 4-5 weeks and have played some hard intense games. He is also right to say that a game at Durban, a game at Ellis will a far tougher prospect than playing in Aukland. Think about how 70,000+ people cheering you instead of jeering you will boost the Boks.

And quite frankly, it's very easy to take the high and mighty attitude you take when your side wins. I'll be waiting to when the Kiwis do lose a game, and they will don't worry about that, and see how you react. If I, or other members, see you reacting by critising officials or generally making excuses you will be pounced on so quick your head will spin.
The Beauty of that is the Allblacks look like they will go unbeaten through the Tri-nations and when was the last time we were challenge on the end of year tour? You'll have wait till next year to get your chance to pounce. Whilst you beinga welsh]fan are almost guaranteed to lose sometime before the end of the Year. Hahahahaha!

Last edited:
Wow, you're great. Well done on being born in New Zealand, you earned it.

It's not soccer ffs, the world cup is not everything and winning it does not make you world champion alone.

................as an ozzie i think i would get much more satisfaction winning the bledisloe above anything else.

even 70,000+ bok fans aren't enough to change their fortunes. It's their coach and their gameplan that's there biggest problem and nothing else... not fatigue, not travel, not missing players, not even the match officials. AB's will lose again of course, after the mass exodus after winning the world cup haha

Thanks i feel for you, being born in Ireland must be hard.LOL
Alright boys chill out. Let's all try and find a level where we can empathise with one another... Say, choking at world cups?

Alright boys chill out. Let's all try and find a level where we can empathise with one another... Say, choking at world cups?
Aww, and there was me feeling included for a moment there ;)

[[/U][/B] The Beauty of that is the Allblacks look like they will go unbeaten through the Tri-nations and when was the last time we were challenge on the end of year tour? You'll have wait till next year to get your chance to pounce. Whilst you beinga welsh]fan are almost guaranteed to lose sometime before the end of the Year. Hahahahaha!

Well thanks for telling me Wales are likley to lose, I hope I can cope and that my huge ego doesnt deflate and will aloow me to make sweeping, overtly biased remarks.

Jackass

Latest posts