• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stadium Creations & Conversions

First I've got to say fantastic work to you both with these new stadiums - they add a lot to the game. I haven't looked into stadium conversion yet and will probably stick to improving the quality and number of custom faces for now but one useful thing I thought I could do was list down all the teams and their current stadiums to figure out where there are gaps etc.

See google sheets below which lists current teams against their home stadiums:

Appreciate creating a new stadium is a lot of work but I thought I would throw out a few suggestions/requests of some of the main remaining ones I think would be great to have:

Suggested stadiums for English Premiership (3):
  • Sandy Park (Exeter Chiefs) to replace Kingston Park (Newcastle current)
  • AJ Bell stadium (Sale Sharks) to replace Edgeley Park (Sale sharks until 2012)
  • StoneX/Allianz Stadium (Saracens) to replace Vicarage Road (Saracens until 2013)
Suggested stadiums for Top14 (3):
  • Paris La Défense Arena (Racing 92) replaces Parc de Paris
  • Stade Marcel-Deflandre (La Rochelle) replaces Nantes
  • Altrad stadium (Montpeiller) replaces Marseille
Suggested stadiums for URC (1)
  • Scotstoun Stadium (Glasgow) replaces Northern Park
Suggested changes to newly customised stadiums
  • Change Bristol's Ashton gate to replace memorial ground
I'm going to see if I can work out name editing and reallocating stadiums using the .english and xml file (if I do that I suggest that AAMI replaces Sydney and we keep Perth)

I'm in the middle of doing AJ Bell Stadium (Sale) by hand, I really want to do Racing's arena but can't find any good photos/layouts of it.

Untitled.png

I'm in the middle of doing AJ Bell Stadium (Sale) by hand, I really want to do Racing's arena but can't find any good photos/layouts of it.

View attachment 11337
The stands look great!- yeh Racing's stadium is very unique with the large screen and being completely indoors

There are a number of photos on here and a fly through video at bottom here if that helps

There is one 3D model but it isn't free and isn't set up as rugby pitch so not sure it is helpful

I also found this workflow video of the stadium in something called Smode

I don't know enough about it but they seem to have an arena model and a download for the smode project file - not sure if the stadium model could be exported from there to use in blender?

Need to get back to work but just had a quick look and there is a .fbx file in that project folder that I've opened up in blender

Edit: there is also a load of textures in PLDA_Design\PLDA_Design.project\Merge\PLDA jordi\PLDA jordi\PLDA_Design.project\Textures

Screenshot (125).png

Last edited:
Need to get back to work but just had a quick look and there is a .fbx file in that project folder that I've opened up in blender

Edit: there is also a load of textures in PLDA_Design\PLDA_Design.project\Merge\PLDA jordi\PLDA jordi\PLDA_Design.project\Textures
Is that file from the Sketchfab site you linked? May be I'll have a look at it in the future after finishing the Sale stadium.

Is that file from the Sketchfab site you linked? May be I'll have a look at it in the future after finishing the Sale stadium.
It looks to be a different model - the Sketchfab one doesn't look to have stands for example

Also I just download and converted a Estadio Jose Amalfitani file so it can be imported to blender (dae file) if that helps

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mo...0141/Estadio-Jose-Amalfitani?hl=en&login=true

This is what a premium (295 euros!) version of the model looks like - https://hum3d.com/3d-models/jose-amalfitani-stadium/. I think the sketch up version below at least has a lot of the same features.

And this the best model I can find for Saracens so far, I think the pitch and outside of stands textures are the main issue otherwise it looks likes Allianz/Stonex- https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mo...afc68ebf/Allianz-Park-Barnet-Copthall-Stadium

Screenshot (126).png

Attachments

• Estadio Jose Amalfitani.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
good work friends, i noticed that the aami stadium files are corrupted, maybe it must be something from my patch *

the aami stadium files are corrupted, maybe it must be something from my patch
I use ama1's patch myself, I haven't tested with yours yet. I've re-zipped it and uploaded it here, try using this version. Also try renaming the file to overwrite a different stadium and test if that works.

Attachments

• AAMIPark.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
AJ Bell Stadium, current home of Sale Sharks, replaces Edgley Park in the game. I've changed the environments of the stadium, overcast replaces the night option, and night replaces snowy, I don't know how to change the game menus to reflect this. I've also made the smaller stands slightly bigger/taller to fill more background space but I can revert this if desired.

sale2.png sale1.png sale3.png sale4.png

Attachments

• AJBellStadium.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
@Delta992 Is it possible to reupload your stadium files? I have most downloaded but not sure if I have the latest Aviva version and I don't have Aston gate downloaded. Also how would I reassign Bristol's Ashton gate to replace memorial ground rather than Adam's Park (which is used for Wasps/Coventry stadium)? Thanks!

First I've got to say fantastic work to you both with these new stadiums - they add a lot to the game. I haven't looked into stadium conversion yet and will probably stick to improving the quality and number of custom faces for now but one useful thing I thought I could do was list down all the teams and their current stadiums to figure out where there are gaps etc.

See google sheets below which lists current teams against their home stadiums:

Appreciate creating a new stadium is a lot of work but I thought I would throw out a few suggestions/requests of some of the main remaining ones I think would be great to have:

Suggested stadiums for English Premiership (3):
  • Sandy Park (Exeter Chiefs) to replace Kingston Park (Newcastle current)
  • AJ Bell stadium (Sale Sharks) to replace Edgeley Park (Sale sharks until 2012)
  • StoneX/Allianz Stadium (Saracens) to replace Vicarage Road (Saracens until 2013)
Suggested stadiums for Top14 (3):
  • Paris La Défense Arena (Racing 92) replaces Parc de Paris
  • Stade Marcel-Deflandre (La Rochelle) replaces Nantes
  • Altrad stadium (Montpeiller) replaces Marseille
Suggested stadiums for URC (1)
  • Scotstoun Stadium (Glasgow) replaces Northern Park
Suggested changes to newly customised stadiums
  • Change Bristol's Ashton gate to replace memorial ground
I'm going to see if I can work out name editing and reallocating stadiums using the .english and xml file (if I do that I suggest that AAMI replaces Sydney and we keep Perth)
Hello,

Are these stadiums ready ? Fantastic work !

Thanks

Also I just download and converted a Estadio Jose Amalfitani file so it can be imported to blender (dae file) if that helps

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mo...0141/Estadio-Jose-Amalfitani?hl=en&login=true

This is what a premium (295 euros!) version of the model looks like - https://hum3d.com/3d-models/jose-amalfitani-stadium/. I think the sketch up version below at least has a lot of the same features.

And this the best model I can find for Saracens so far, I think the pitch and outside of stands textures are the main issue otherwise it looks likes Allianz/Stonex- https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mo...afc68ebf/Allianz-Park-Barnet-Copthall-Stadium

View attachment 11346
Does this one has been finished?

Hi i was wondering if anyone would be interested in trying to convert Scotstoun Stadium replacing Northern park for the glasgow warriors

Crusaders' current home ground, Orangetheory Stadium/Rugby League Park/Addington Stadium in Christchurch. Includes day and night versions. I can't remember where I got the lights from, if I find them again I'll try to match up the night lighting for another version/release. Replaces the in-game Christchurch/Lancaster Park stadium.

christchurch1.png christchurch2.png christchurch3.png christchurch4.png christchurch5.png christchurch6.png

Attachments

• Christchurch.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hello...one question,,,,,where should i put the files in order for it to display on my rugby 08 game,.....still new to this lol.....need help....thanks !!!!

Hi All,

I am creating/converting some new stadiums for Rugby 08, below is 2 that I have already done.

Extract it to the game root and enjoy.

I will post more as I finish them.

Converted Cape Town Stadium, it replaces Newlands in-game https://mega.nz/file/ZT401CBI#tgPYs5k2YvMi_CSL6jS9N1J0qeMeazyVtuYT0twjM5I

View attachment 10668

Converted FNB Stadium (Soccer City), it replaces Ellis Park Day in-game
https://mega.nz/file/cLQCXTpL#jOhb9cSM1TAjtcftRiAcnlPf8eiEwsjjOH78yO4E26I

View attachment 10669

where should i put the downloaded folders (

Latest posts