• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Star Players?

R

richllew

How influencial are star players? what special skills do they possess? would a player with 100 for strength and who was star player break more tackles than a person with 100 for break tackles but no star rating?

finally for anyone who has played the game, could you tell me if carlos spencer and or lomu is a star player?

thanks.

Originally posted by nik@Jan 28 2006, 01:28 AM
not sure about lomu...but spencer might be a star player...in one of the screen shots on the hb studios website, its got Northhampton playing some other team..anyway there is one star player in the NH team and it maybe be spencer.

http://www.hb-studios.com/images/games/rug05_big.jpg
Looks like it's probably Spencer, he's in the right position. The other team is Newcastle, so I'd have thought Wilkinson would be a star player for them.

Personally I think Reihana and Cohen should be other players with star ratings in the Saints team. And mabye Thompson.

THE PERSON WITH THE STAR IS ON THE LEFT WING ISNT HE? AND IT LOOKS LIKE HES GOT A FACE MASK

dam my mistake yeh it is king carlos good

Originally posted by richllew@Jan 28 2006, 11:25 AM
THE PERSON WITH THE STAR IS ON THE LEFT WING ISNT HE? AND IT LOOKS LIKE HES GOT A FACE MASK
capslock.jpg

I can only assume it's Wilko in there for Newcastle as the flyhalf for them has a star as well. Look closely.

Originally posted by Symclaw@Feb 1 2006, 09:10 AM
You CAN have more than one star player per team tho ye?
Yeah. The all blacks have got about 6 of them.

Wales have Jones & Gavin Henson and Ireland only have BOD

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 1 2006, 10:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 1 2006, 10:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Symclaw
@Feb 1 2006, 09:10 AM
You CAN have more than one star player per team tho ye?
Yeah. The all blacks have got about 6 of them.

Wales have Jones & Gavin Henson and Ireland only have BOD [/b]
well what do we make of this

a cop out in the differences of the teams or what

6 star plays to 1

sure it semi reflection of real life

but if these star players make as big an impact as EA makes them out to be, in multiplayers i feel the AB's will be banned from using coz no other team will have 6 star players

i know the AB's are #1 team by the longest margin in union history

but atleast keep this star player factor even, and make the overall teams ability perhaps alot more than say England, Oz or Bokke

as far as i know the star players can do anything

and i also reckon support play with these stars will be the biggest asset
ie star payer is running and like 4 dudes loom up besides him for the pass or pop ball...........AB's have 6 of these..............imagine trying to stop that....nearly 1 out of 2 guys on the AB's will have half the team looming in support, no matter how much quicker the guy in possession is.

"Howlett down the sideline".........Carter, Umaga, Rocko, and co all loom up in support........only the FB to beat........oh the options for being an AB.

Hopefully u can only field x amount of star players........ie i reckon some clashes with positions will force some of these stars onto the bench........star players on the bench would have to be an AB.

quick fix for that...

play as the all blacks

or play against the all blacks for some decent competition

Doesn't bother me much.

I personally think the Star player thing will add some depth. Add extra challenge when you're playing against the ABs...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 1 2006, 12:10 PM
Doesn't bother me much.

I personally think the Star player thing will add some depth. Add extra challenge when you're playing against the ABs...
yeah i agree

but multiplayer wise, i can see the AB's banned or its AB's v AB's only

besides i'll be playing the S14 95% of the time anyways....well World League as the Tahs anyway

I which domestic team has the most stars
Crusaders and Tahs?

Lote and Waugh should be star players...........atleast

heck what am i thinking...........i'll have zwicker and heffler instead, and BOD or Rupeni will be my 1st purchases

Didn't KR say somewhere that you keep some of your original players? That would explain why in that World League Screenshot of Bristol why it was just a combo of Zwicker and Friends and shitty English Players who all play for Bristol.

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 1 2006, 12:22 PM
Didn't KR say somewhere that you keep some of your original players? That would explain why in that World League Screenshot of Bristol why it was just a combo of Zwicker and Friends and shitty English Players who all play for Bristol.
perhaps the user was in transition, in getting bristol to authenticity in world league

i know i was always inclined to buy a waratah, when using them

just makes the experience all the more authentic, and also is way of going up against NH/SH teams when u cannot with play them together apart from exhbition

yeah thats what I will do. get as many blues players as I can.

as for star players I think it is fine the way it is. sure the abs have a few but they alos have 9 guys that aren't star players. and the abs are the best in the world atm so they deserve a few more than the other teams. star players obvioulsy have an effect on the game but I don't think enough for 6 abs to win by themselves in a game.

I'm a kiwi and love the all blacks but 6 star players is too many.... should only be two star players in a team one in the forwards and one in the backs.

Who do you think they will be for the ABs?

Carter, McCaw, Jack, Rokocoko, Umaga, Howlett???

If Umaga is one then that will be one less as I will be taking him out pretty quickly to keep the squad updated.

Jack and Howlett probably won't be one, but I can't think of anyone else who HB would give stars... Other than Sivivatu but he was **** in Rugby05 and also hasn't had a stellar AB career...

Milsy?

Who cares?

def have to be carter and mccaw

maybe macdonald and mauger?

*waits for backlash from everbody else i am just searching for a bite*

Latest posts