• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State of Origin - Game 1, 05/06/2013

Is this your first SoO? I'm not a big fan of the league game, but I LOVE State of Origin, and try to watch it every year (though I sometimes only catch 2 out of the 3 games). Just finished watching this first one and was glad to see NSW win. I miss Lockyer, but now I don't feel the same loyalty for the Maroons since he's retired.

das

No it's not. Last year I was (un)lucky to be ill so I watched all three games live as well. But that was a complete wash by the Marrons.

No it's not. Last year I was (un)lucky to be ill so I watched all three games live as well. But that was a complete wash by the Marrons.

That's why I was glad to see NSW come up with the first win. I hope the Maroons win #2, so that the third game is a real contest.

das

What was a wash? Last year was 1-1 with the scores tied with a few minutes to go and Cronk got the field goal. Was pretty epic even if I do hate Queensland. You must have been sick.

I reckon Myles got what he deserved, he plays the game pretty grubby any way. They should probably penalize people intentionally leading with the head when they tackle.

I hope NSW take game II but after 7 years of losses in a row I'm not expecting anything. I still think Pearce is useless as well.

Thurston will be far more dangerous in game II. I enjoy the scrap's so I'm hoping for a few fights too.

Ow sorry, I missed game 2 I reckon. The games I saw last year the Marrons won.

So, what punishment will Gallen get to uphold the pride of the RL code ?

Game II will be rather and far more tasty than game I. Cannot wait. Been playing Origin games on RLL2.

He's chosen to plead guilty for a one match ban.

Anybody who thinks his is an acceptable level of punishment for what he did is totally misguided. It belittles the code and shows that this type of action is almost an acceptable part of the game. That he wasn't even yellow carded was bad enough, but getting a one match ban for punching someones face and head 4 times is outrageous.

Anyone care to defend this punishment ?

He's chosen to plead guilty for a one match ban.

Did he pick his own punishment, as in, "tell you what, I'll plead guilty if you only ban me one match", or was he given a choice of punishments?

Actually, either way isn't good, imho.

das

Did he pick his own punishment, as in, "tell you what, I'll plead guilty if you only ban me one match", or was he given a choice of punishments?

Actually, either way isn't good, imho.

das

Well said.....