• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State of Origin, game Two

Very happy with back to back QLD series wins. Only concern is that we can't find a good top grade ref.

it is deadset the greatest thrill i have ever felt at a sporting match - its intensity is next to none - apart from when the socceroos beat uruguay years ago to make FIFA world cup - nothing will beat the atmosphere of that match

but as far as league or union goes - SOO is the best you willsee in this country

Union matches here lack the same atmosphere...just not as loud or roudy [/b]

Obviously you've never been to a packed out Telstra Stadium for a Bledisloe Cup match. The south Africa games are starting to get better atmosphere, but I've been to League tests, League grand finals, and every Union test at Telstra Stadium (Stadium Australia) since they started playing there. The best atmosphere is still a Bledisloe when there is a tight game, and a League grand final.

That could just be me cuz i deffo prefer a Union game anyday, but still, the best game I've ever been to was Eales's last game against the All Blacks where Kefu scored under the posts at Stadium Australia in the final seconds of the game, or the Bledisloe with 40+ points on by both teams where Lomu scored the winning try at the end of the game.

The Kefu game stands out for me in particular cuz that was the first game where John Williamson sang Waltzing Matilda and got the crowd to sing along with him, and it really put the Kiwis off their game for the first part of the match. 100000 people singing Waltzing Matilda together.. what an atmosphere...

Plus the World Cup obviously... I was at both semis, 3v4 and the final... awesome games, even more awesome atmosphere

So for me, Unioin atmosphere far surpases League

i think Waikato Stadium is probably the best Rugby Stadium in NZ. i watched the Maori's V The Lions there and it was awesome.

it was pretty awesome to be at telstra to see the game and hear the huge hits. the ref though ruined it completely and had a dead set shocker which affected the game big time. the atmosphere was pretty intense especially being a queesland supporter it really felt like being in enemy terrority. telstra is a very nice stadium and my 2 mates that came across from nz whished nz had something like it.

Latest posts