• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Statistics, darned statistics

DNJohnston

Academy Player
Hi all, having been put in charge of the office sweepstake, and not wanting to make it a boring "winner takes all" affair, I added in a few bonus prizes including most points conceded, dirtiest team, and a cheeky £1 for any team that beats my deskmate's team. I won't say who that is, but his name is Gareth Davies...

Anyway, one of the prizes is for longest successful penalty, and I assumed this would be an easy stat to track, but I can't find it online anywhere! Given that most sporting coverage now includes how many times the ref clears his nose, not to mention how few seconds pass before Clive Woodward mentions 2003, I would think this would be well documented somewhere...

Any ideas ? Thanks!

Not sure i understand what you mean but longest successful penalty? Do you mean the furthest distance from the posts?
I don't know a website that tracks that, but particularly long kicks tend to be mentioned by commentators or specified in newspaper articles.

If you dont mind me asking, what website(s) do you use to check the rest of the stats?

Thanks for responses so far. I do mean furthest from the posts. In terms of the other stats I've found them in a few places: bbc stats after a game, a rolling top scorer article, etc.

Ill keep an eye on that kickstats website, hopefully there's something somewhere with some real tiime info as well...

Thanks!

Latest posts