• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stephen Colbert to run for White House

B

Brodizzle

Now, I am sure you have all heard the news that Stephen Colbert has decided to take a punt at the White House. The following link is a video where he announces he is doing so:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/10/17/video-...-for-president/

Now, if this is NOT a stunt, I think that the USA could actually make a great decision for thier nation if they vote him in, despite him being a comedian he is an extremely smart guy and could actually make some good decisions for his nation. At least more so then the current jokers.

So yeah, what do you guys think?

Well hes quite popular among the younger demographic and he seems to be a very smart man (as most successful comics are). I don't know all that much about him apart from the odd video and thing I've read about him, but I don't think he'll really have that big a chance.

Okay, I watched the Daily show episode and a few of the Colbert shows after the announcement....he is only running in South Carolina (as a 'favourite son' of the state)as both a Republican and Democrat. Republicans cost $35 grand to apply, democrats cost $2500 or 3000 South Carolininan signatures, (he put a petition on his website) so I think through some twist of fate he will actually be running as a democrat, which is against his character but his genius comes into making Republicans look like fools :D

Plus, contraversy when John Edwards announces he will run in South Carolina as he is from that state as well....I think Colbert has a mortal enemy :p

I think it's a good publicity stunt. Colbert doesn't expect to even come close to winning, I'm sure.

This will be kind of like when Jello Biafra ran for Mayor of San Francisco?
I'd vote for him. He'd be the best person for the job.

This will be kind of like when Jello Biafra ran for Mayor of San Francisco?
I'd vote for him. He'd be the best person for the job.
[/b]
Arnie got voted in California...who the hell knows....

As much as I like Stephen Colbert I think it would be pretty irresponsible to vote for him. He has no political experience and has no political platform. No one really knows what he stands for. On his show he put on the satirical act, where he pretends to be a hardcore religious fundamental Republican. I have no idea where really is in terms of political ideals.

As much as I like Stephen Colbert I think it would be pretty irresponsible to vote for him. He has no political experience and has no political platform. No one really knows what he stands for. On his show he put on the satirical act, where he pretends to be a hardcore religious fundamental Republican. I have no idea where really is in terms of political ideals.
[/b]
Stephen Colbert would most likely be a better president then half the people on the trail at the moment, and hell, they voted bloody Swarznegger in, there could be a decent showing here....I think the only decent decision the US people can make in the election however is to vote McCain in, he is substance, the rest of the contenders (besides Gravel and Ron Paul, but they are a little wierd) are pretty much going to be 'business as usual' instead of actually making some smart decisions....

I watch alot of Stephen Colbert and your average viewer would know what it is about, I mean, listen to the correspondents speech he did a few years back and if you cut through the act the way he (and his writers) think about politics he could be a breath of fresh air...

Latest posts