• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers vs Reds

I

Incredible Schalk

Well round two is upon us and tomorrow night the clash of the round takes place once again at Newlands. ;). Both sides coming off of defeats last week, both struggling up front, however the Stormers looked better than expected in the scrum with Moller on and could target this area. The big talking point of course is Jean De Villiers, will he/wont he play after suffering from whiplash in the Sharks match last weekend. He's been named in the side but may well miss the game, any idea who would take over as captain? considering Watson (old captain) isnt starting..

Stormers by 15

Stormers: 15 Conrad Jantjes, 14 Tonderai Chavhanga, 13 Gcobani Bobo, 12 Jean De Villiers ©/Dylan Des Fountain, 11 Sireli Naqelevuki, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Ricky Januarie, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Schalk Burger, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Adriaan Fondse, 3 Brian Mujati, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 JD Moller.

Replacements: 16 Deon Fourie, 17 Wicus Blaauw, 18 AJ Venter, 19 Luke Watson, 20 Bolla Conradie, 21 Des Fountain/Koster, 22 Percy Montgomery.

Reds: 15 Mark McLinden, 14 Digby Ioane, 13 Charlie Fetoai, 12 Berrick Barnes ©, 11 Peter Hynes, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Will Genia, 8 Leroy Houston, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Scott Higginbotham, 5 Adam Byrnes, 4 Van Humphries, 3 Laurie Weeks, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes.

Replacements: 16 Saia Faingaa, 17 Dayna Edwards, 18 Robert Simmons, 19 Poutasi Luafutu, 20 Ben Lucas, 21 Anthony Faingaa, 22 Brando Va'aulu.

Referee: Chris Pollock (New Zealand)
Touch judges: Craig Joubert (South Africa), Josh Noonan (New Zealand)
TMO: Michael Cupido (South Africa)

Looking at the Stormers team there actually isn't anyone that can take over the captaincy.

Bobo was Western Province's captain during the Currie Cup and I believe he took over captaincy when De Villiers left the field. So he's probably the best bet. Shame... :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bull @ Feb 20 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looking at the Stormers team there actually isn't anyone that can take over the captaincy.[/b]
I would have thought either Burger, Bekker or Vermeulen would have made sound captains.

Vermuelens to young and has only just joined the squad, i would have thought Burger would make an ideal captain.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Feb 19 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Vermuelens to young and has only just joined the squad, i would have thought Burger would make an ideal captain.[/b]

That would be like making Bakkies Botha captain imo. Burger isn't really talkative, like Smitty or De Villiers are.

Barnes is a very good player, to be honest the Reds have a pretty strong team, after they get whupped tonight they should do quite well with some home games coming up. Certainly better than 12th i would say..

why did I wake up for the 2nd half? Terrible play from the Reds. Try right after HT. 17-5

JDV sets up a great try for the Fijian. Surely the Reds didnt play this bad first half?

Nah, they were worse. Quade Cooper looks a pile of ****, and seems a right ******** to boot.
I saw a lot of Reds fans bigging their team up before the Bulls gave them one last week, they just look rubbish!
Except McLovin at full back who looks a right little live-wire.

Lol, Quade Cooper. Just turned on the game and he almost gifts an intercept try.

Latest posts