• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers vs Reds

Aw Speedy, you should have seen his penalty attempt in the first half. Was f***in quality!! :p

Take back what I said on Cooper. Comes up with a flash of brilliance to set up Higgo in the corner. Now if he can do that for 80 mins we might win games.

Ross's 'good friend' :)P) almost lived up to his namesake.
Pillock knocked it on though. <_<

Ever since I said how bad they are they've scored 3 tries!!! xD
It's on for a Reds win!!

Stormers willl hang on, if the Stormers dont score Reds will get 2BP which is decent enough considering we were 27-5 down.

Gallent effort from the Reds but the Stormers win. Too little too late. The Faingaa twins are guns, soon as they come on the Reds played better I thought, the hooker has to start next week and the inside centre starts if Barnes is injured.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 20 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gallent effort from the Reds but the Stormers win. Too little too late. The Faingaa twins are guns, soon as they come on the Reds played better I thought, the hooker has to start next week and the inside centre starts if Barnes is injured.[/b]

Agree with all the above.

IMO Cooper did some very good things in that game as well as some not so good. Very promising player though as far as I'm concerned.

McLinden looks really dangerous.

Worst performance ive seen from the Stormers since round 1 last year, as ever we go to sleep and just let teams come onto us. The Reds played well at the end but a more ruthless side would have put up 40. To not get the bp there is unnaceptable, also Conradie must be the worst scrum half on earth, everything he did was terrible, JDV dropping the intercept just summed up the performance. Poor.

Also Quade Cooper is some player, very talented..

JDV was immense I think, even with the dropped intercept.

I have to agree on Bolla Conradie though, he was more than horrible, that has to be the worst game he has ever had, once he came on everything went to pot and we sort of self destructed for the final 20 minutes.
And like him or not, Luke had a superb game.

Also, did anyone else see Morgan Freeman watching the game with Francois Pienaar ?

maybe doing some research for the movie, was pretty cool to see him there.

JDV how could you let that ball slip away!!!!!!! :eek: :rahh: :rahh: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :wall: :wall:

Guess he is human after all :p .

Bottom line is the Stormers were very lucky to get away with the win, Watson and Vermeulen were the stand-outs of the Stormers for me.

I predict a massacre for the Stormers if they play like this against the Blues next week :unsure:

There's just so many careless facets of play, i mean they way they slacked off with 25 minutes to go was really worrying. We saw this last year failing to put sides to the sword and its costs us a top 4 spot. Thats really a point that got away plus a poor pts difference wont help.

To the little Welsh fairy boys who were having a go at Quade Cooper; he is clearly very talented for a 20 year old. Perhaps one of the best prospects in world rugby. I'm also very impressed with Will Genia - best pass in Australian rugby at the moment.

To the Reds; same story of the last five years. Too little, too late. Too many turn overs. Too many mistakes at crucial times. Turinui, Fetoai, McMeniman, Horwill and now perhaps Hynes and Barnes all injured after just 2 games. Without a full strength team they will struggle all season.

alaska-fishing.jpg

Latest posts