16. Capon
17. Obano
18. Heyes
19. Moon
20. Willis
21. JVP
22. F.Smith
23. Parton/Freeman

Would be a good one. I don't really know against that opposition if you needed many "established" players
That back row would be amazing to watch.

Looks like Will Stuart "could" be off to South Africa...

A team of v USA + Canada
1. Genge
2. Dunn
3. Stuart
4. Lawes
5. Martin
6. Barbeary
7. Earl
8. Dombrandt
9. Quirke
10. Smith
11. Odogwu
12. Kelly (Aka God King)
13. Lawrence
14. Loader
15. Steward

16. Capon
17. Obano
18. Heyes
19. Moon
20. Willis
21. JVP
22. F.Smith
23. Parton/Freeman

Would be a good one. I don't really know against that opposition if you needed many "established" players
Some good youngsters could miss out this summer...

Ted HIll?
Randall / Mitchell?
Thorley?
Cockasaniga?
O'Connor?

Looks like Will Stuart "could" be off to South Africa...
That would be very surprising
If he played for England like he does for Bath then I could see it, but he's not really made the step up to international rugby comfortably (yet)

If Will Stuart gets picked ahead of Dan Cole I will be fumin :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Honestly bet Gatland sent all the six nations players but Genge a letter.

Where does Barbaery fit in then. Im assuming if fit...he'll be in the squad.
I assume as he hasnt played a single prem game at hooker...he then goes in as a back rower?

Does he go in at 6 with Dombrandt at 8...
What about Ted HIll? He surely must be involved...?

Barbeary surely should be viewed as a backrow and nothing else, by this point
He could make a strong case for starting in the backrow vs tier 2 sides this summer, whereas it'd be a leap of faith having him on the bench as replacement hooker

I just think Hill has the size and power to be a real bruising flanker for us. And i think he needs to be seriously looked at in a few of these games.

Id even consider...
6 Hill
7 Barbaery
8 Dombrandt

7 Barbaery
Vomit Puke GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Can we please not go back to the days of not playing an openside

It wont remotely matter...we're playing the USA...hardly break down champions of the world. We dont need an out and out 7.

It wont remotely matter...we're playing the USA...hardly break down champions of the world. We dont need an out and out 7.
True. But it depends what we're trying to get from these games.

Even if the personnel is different, I feel like we should be trying to build upon the gameplan/style we were starting to see glimpses of in the 6 Nations.

Playing a back row set up that is completely different to our main side might be fun, but it doesn't help with cementing the style of play we're aiming for.

Tigs Man's back row of Barbeary at 6 with Earl at 7 and Dombrandt at 8 is almost a similar set-up to what we might normally see with Curry, Underhill/Wilson and Billy so I'd prefer us to stick with that.

The only change I'd be looking at is whether we bring in a bigger 6 like Hill or Martin to enhance the lineout options. We don't need that to beat the USA, but it is something we might want to look at developing as a 'system'.

As an aside, I've noticed Dombrandt is becoming one of our main lineout jumpers at Quins. He seems to have improved his athleticism/jumping ability which could/should really work in his favour in comparison to Billy or Simmonds.

We could be playing my local sides 5ths and I'd still want us playing an openside

I don't care that we should beat USA/Canada comfortably with any side we put out, I still want us to take it as seriously as if we were playing the All Blacks or whoever.

By all means rotate/try out new players etc. but don't mess with all the structures just because who cares it's only America?
Then we get to the autumn and...oh wait, how do we play with an openside again? What was your role? I thought we all had to muck in at the breakdown?

England are a shambles atm, we don't need to be making things more erratic

True. But it depends what we're trying to get from these games.

Even if the personnel is different, I feel like we should be trying to build upon the gameplan/style we were starting to see glimpses of in the 6 Nations.

Playing a back row set up that is completely different to our main side might be fun, but it doesn't help with cementing the style of play we're aiming for.

Tigs Man's back row of Barbeary at 6 with Earl at 7 and Dombrandt at 8 is almost a similar set-up to what we might normally see with Curry, Underhill/Wilson and Billy so I'd prefer us to stick with that.

The only change I'd be looking at is whether we bring in a bigger 6 like Hill or Martin to enhance the lineout options. We don't need that to beat the USA, but it is something we might want to look at developing as a 'system'.

As an aside, I've noticed Dombrandt is becoming one of our main lineout jumpers at Quins. He seems to have improved his athleticism/jumping ability which could/should really work in his favour in comparison to Billy or Simmonds.
If we have an 8 that is the 3rd lineout target then yes it takes away the need for a taller 6 or lock playing at 6.

We could be playing my local sides 5ths and I'd still want us playing an openside

I don't care that we should beat USA/Canada comfortably with any side we put out, I still want us to take it as seriously as if we were playing the All Blacks or whoever.

By all means rotate/try out new players etc. but don't mess with all the structures just because who cares it's only America?
Then we get to the autumn and...oh wait, how do we play with an openside again? What was your role? I thought we all had to muck in at the breakdown?

England are a shambles atm, we don't need to be making things more erratic
Indeed. You put it more forcefully than I did, but this is exactly what I meant when I meant we should focus on what we're trying to achieve in terms of set-up and gameplan.

Latest posts