• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer Transfers

He has a get out clause in his contract if Dortmund receive a bid of â'¬10 million.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 23 2006, 06:47 AM
He has a get out clause in his contract if Dortmund receive a bid of â'¬10 million.
Which is around £7 million?

Liverpool have put in another bid for Gonzalez's Works permit again today, with the vision to sign him on the 1st June

Ajax are rather keen on Edgar Davids to return to them from Spurs

Wigan seem to be leading the race to sign Andy Johnson, after having an 8.5millions bid accepted by Palace

And Kuyt Says Liverpool have made a fresh aproach to sign him

Not so sure about that Truth, I'd actually like to see how he'd cut it in a good league...

Carlos to decide after finals

carlos_hat.jpg

Real Madrid ace Roberto Carlos claims he has been offered a three-year deal by Chelsea.

The Brazilian international revealed earlier this month that Chelsea were chasing his signature.

The attacking full back has just over one year to run on his contract at El Santiago Bernabeu and he is waiting to see if Real will offer him an extension.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is thought to have made a new left back one of his top priorities and Carlos is his main target.

The 33-year-old, who is away with Brazil at their World Cup training camp, insists he will make a decision over his future after the finals in Germany next month.

"The problem is not financial, the problem is the length of the contract and my motivation to play football," said Carlos.

"Chelsea have made a good offer and are offering three years of contract instead of one year more with Real Madrid.

"I hope to get a reply from Real Madrid to re-negotiate my contract, if not I'm going to look for somewhere else.

"I want to have a good World Cup and, three or four weeks later, I hope to have decided whether I stay at Real Madrid or go to Chelsea." [/b]

At least when Real did it, all the superstars they bought were young and half decent instead of just about over the hill.

Fernando Morientes has joined Valenia from Liverpool FC for an undisclosed fee.
This was really a matter of time as he has never shown his previous form since joining Liverpool... It will also pave the way for an additional striker to be brought in.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@May 25 2006, 04:04 AM
Not so sure about that Truth, I'd actually like to see how he'd cut it in a good league...
Always been a big fan of his, i think he's got the goods.

But i guess we wont know untill he gets a chance.

I just hope Newcastle dont out bid us again.

Fernando Morientes has joined Valenia from Liverpool FC for an undisclosed fee.
This was really a matter of time as he has never shown his previous form since joining Liverpool... It will also pave the way for an additional striker to be brought in. [/b]

I wish him all the best but he really had to go.

Good luck Nando.

He's world class but he never remotely looked like he was going to show it for us. He'll be a hit in Spain.

Looks like Chelsea should wrap up their â'¬50 million deal for Shevchenko within the next few days, he's in London at the moment. More hollow sentiments coming from a future Chelsea player. First there was Ballack saying he wasn't moving for the money and now Shevchenko is leaving Milan for London for family reasons, strange one that, hey family let's move to a country and city where the media intrusion in our lives will be far more obnoxious and invasive.

Big time, will be interesting to see if Van Nistelrooy goes the other way and replaces him at Milan, might turn out alright for Milan in the end.

I think Crespo will be off to Milan myself and Eeyore will end up in Madrid.

Sure with the money they're getting for Shevchenko they can have both and still have some change left.

It's funny though, they've had all this money for 3 years and only now have they brought themselves to buying a decent striker. Freakshow is right.

Shevchenko moves to Chelsea

shevchenko_protest.jpg

Premiership champions Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko for a club record fee.

The Ukraine international had spent most of Wednesday discussing a move to Stamford Bridge after asking to leave Milan.

Shevchenko had enjoyed seven seasons with the Rossoneri, but asked for a transfer due to family reasons.

The Italian ***ans grudgingly acceded to the 29-year-old's demands and he has now agreed a four-year contract with Chelsea.

The Ukraine Football Federation had claimed that The Blues had stumped up â'¬36 million (£24.5 million) for the fearsome hot shot, while previous reports had suggested that Chelsea would have to splash out a British record fee of £35 million to secure Shevchenko's signature.

Though Chelsea have not divulged the exact amount, the figure does eclipse the £24.4 million the club paid Lyon for Michael Essien last summer.

Shevchenko has expressed his delight at joining The Premiership's big-spenders and is happy to have his future resolved before the World Cup finals.

"I am here for the challenge and the excitement of playing in The Premier League," Shevchenko told the club's official website.

"I am going from one big club to another and joining a team of champions.

"There is a right moment to join a football club and I think I have arrived here at the perfect time.

"The Champions League has to be a realistic target for next season, but it is not just about the Champions League. Chelsea is going for their third Premiership as well and I like the club's mentality of wanting to win every game they play.

"I have followed Mr Mourinho's career carefully for the last few years and have been hugely impressed with the way he manages.

"He puts team ethic before individual expression which is the way I believe great teams are created.

"Had money been my motivation for coming, I would probably have stayed in Milan.

"I am pleased that Chelsea managed to conclude everything before the World Cup - I can go to Germany with a clear mind and proud to be a Chelsea player."

Jose Mourinho could not contain his joy at signing Shevchenko - the player he claims is the one he has wanted to sign since his appointment as Chelsea boss two years ago.

The Portuguese said: "Today is a day when the dream became reality. Andrei has always been my first choice for Chelsea since I arrived. Before it was not possible, now it is for real. He has great qualities, ambition, discipline, tactical awareness and of course he is a great goalscorer.

"I did not need to meet with him to convince him about Chelsea, in the same way we did not need to talk a lot about why I wanted him. Everybody knows him as a player, tactically he can play in the Chelsea system no doubt.

"Milan is a big club, a great club, but for him to leave Milan for Chelsea is a big statement about where Chelsea is. He is a champion and he is joining a team of champions. I have already spoken to some of our players and they are looking forward to playing with him. Great players want to play with other great players."

Shevchenko becomes Mourinho's third capture since the end of the season, with Michael Ballack and Salomon Kalou already agreeing moves to West London.[/b]

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jun 1 2006, 07:20 AM
Looks like Chelsea should wrap up their â'¬50 million deal for Shevchenko within the next few days, he's in London at the moment. More hollow sentiments coming from a future Chelsea player. First there was Ballack saying he wasn't moving for the money and now Shevchenko is leaving Milan for London for family reasons, strange one that, hey family let's move to a country and city where the media intrusion in our lives will be far more obnoxious and invasive.
It is for his family.

Money feeds his family.

Latest posts