• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer Transfers

Pennant to Liverpool for £6 million some time today if you believe the rumours.

Ah, Pennant. The spoilt little **** who could have been a great player.

Then he went to Birmingam.

According to Steve Bruce, Liverpool have bid £3.5 Million for him and they are holding out for £5 Million for him...

He is still a young player with a lot of potential will be good to see him at Liverpool, maybe Rafa could turn him around???

Also Rafa has come out and said he would like to add one or two more players this week, and that he will only offer the amount he values them at, he will not pay £20 Million for a £10 Million player...

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jun 2 2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah cause â'¬190000 a week won't quite do that in Milan.

Anyway Mourinho has gone way way down imo with his comments about Roberto Carlos being the best defender in the world, ludicrous statement.
Doesn't look like such a stupid move now...

United agree Carrick fee

carrick_england.jpg

Manchester United have agreed a fee with Tottenham for Michael Carrick.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been a firm admirer of the England midfielder for some time and has been trying to bring him to Old Trafford all summer.

A bid of around £10 million was rejected before the World Cup as Spurs coach Martin Jol looked to build his side around Carrick.

However, Ferguson's persistence has finally paid off, with the cash from Ruud van Nistelrooy's sale to Real Madrid enabling United to return with an improved offer.

Carrick is now set to complete his protracted move to Old Trafford just as soon as he undergoes a medical and agrees personal terms.

"Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur can confirm that they have agreed terms for the transfer of the registration of Michael Carrick conditional upon the player agreeing personal terms with Manchester United," read an official statement from United.

"He shall also be required to pass a medical that will take place on Monday."

Jol has admitted that he was reluctant to let Carrick leave, but did not want to stand in the way of a lifelong dream.

"This is a move that Michael wants to make," he explained.

"We have given him every reason to stay, but he has asked to be allowed to leave."

Should Carrick clinch a transfer to United he will become Ferguson's first major signing of the summer. [/b]

'Av it! :D

Originally posted by skysports.com
Carrick penned in for Porto

carrick_training.jpg

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to have Michael Carrick's services available for next week's Amsterdam Tournament.

The Spurs midfielder is set to undergo a medical with The Red Devils on Monday after the club's agreed a fee for his services on Friday.

Ferguson is hoping all goes to plan and that Carrick can be unveiled as a United player before the team fly out to participate in the Amsterdam.

United's opening match of the tournament is against Portuguese giants Porto on Friday before they tackle hosts Ajax 24 hours later.

"Michael Carrick's arriving tomorrow night. He'll do his medical on Monday," explained Ferguson to Sky Sports News.

"Hopefully that will be concluded by the end of the day and at the end of the week hopefully we'll have a press conference.

"If we get the business done he'll travel to Amsterdam with us and that'll be his first game."

Ferguson revealed he is a long-term admirer of the former West Ham man and that the midfielder's passing skills will give United's midfield a new dimension.

"He's a good footballer," Ferguson continued.

"He's a Manchester United player as far as the football is concerned. I think that showed in his appearance for England.

"I think he'll bring passing alternative to the way we play football."

Meanwhile, the Scottish tactician has revealed Carrick is not the only player in the pipeline and that the Old Trafford side are still working on other deals.

"We're working on one or two things, so hopefully something will happen in the next few days."

i like carrick. he will add some steel to our defence. the problem i see is a replacement for Ruud. i really think we need a decent forward to pick up the slack that ruud has left.

im looking at chelsea(shev), aresnal(rosicky) & livepools(belamy) signings lately and am pretty envious. being a man u fan i look forward to a new big name signing every offseason. and its usually a forward that gets signed.

i heard talk afew weeks ago that fergie was going after fernando torres but thats died down. i just dont think Giuseppe Rossi is good enough to cover a hole in your squad left by someone that scored 21 goals last season.

Liverpool have finally completed the signing of Dirk Kuyt from Feyenoord.
After weeks of chasing him Rafa Benitez has got his man, should be a good addition to the ever increasing Liverpool Squad, although to challenge for the premiership you need depth in your squad, and quality depth in the squad, I think that Dirk Kuyt will be a great addition to the squad, he didnt have a good world cup, but which player did???

On other news, the rumour is Liverpool are searching from one more target, but not sure at all the truth in this...

Its pointless going through all the latest transfers, so I'll let BBC do it, BBC Transfers Link

I think the most shocking transfers have to be West Ham signing Carlos Teves & Javier Mascherano. They reckon that Hammers are struck a deal with Media Sports Investments, who own the rights to the two players.

I wonder how long will Johnathon 'Injured for the Season' Woodgate will do at Middlesbrough?
He is an excellent defender but it guaranteed to get injured all the time.

Latest posts