• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer Transfers

Yeah cause â'¬190000 a week won't quite do that in Milan.

Anyway Mourinho has gone way way down imo with his comments about Roberto Carlos being the best defender in the world, ludicrous statement.

Man United have made a £10 Million Bid for Micheal Carrick but its been rejected by Spurs.

Manchester United have had a £10m bid for midfielder Michael Carrick rejected by Tottenham, BBC Sport can reveal.

Spurs dismissed the offer, insisting United would have to double their offer to land the 24-year-old, who is part of the England squad at the World Cup.

Manchester United faxed their offer to Tottenham on Friday, but it was swiftly turned down.

Carrick's agent, David Giess, declined to comment when contacted by BBC Sport late on Friday.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants Carrick as a replacement for Roy Keane who left the club last December.

Carrick, who has two years left on his contract at White Hart Lane, is likely to be on the substitute's bench for England in their World Cup opener against Paraguay on Saturday.

He was born in the north-east and came through the ranks at West Ham, joining Tottenham in August 2004 for £2.75m.

The offer for Carrick from United may not have come at a welcome time for England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Eriksson is at loggerheads with Ferguson after declaring Wayne Rooney "injury free" and almost ready to return to action with England in Germany.

Rooney, 20, is still recovering from breaking a metatarsal in his right foot on 29 April and United do not want him to be risked too soon.

The England coach will want Carrick to concentrate fully on the World Cup rather than the speculation surrounding which club he will start next season with.

Manchester United have not commented about their bid for Carrick and it is unclear whether they will increase their offer. [/b]

Source BBC Sport

It's rumored that Liverpool are after Craig Bellamy as replacement for the injured Cisse. It would be great for Bellamy if he does go.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jun 10 2006, 12:37 AM
It's rumored that Liverpool are after Craig Bellamy as replacement for the injured Cisse. It would be great for Bellamy if he does go.
This was being talked about before Cisse got injured but it is more likely as Liverpool were going to use some of the money from Cisse for a new striker...

But personally I wouldnt mind seeing Belamy at Liverpool, think he is an underestimated striker...

Originally posted by getofmeland+Jun 10 2006, 08:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Jun 10 2006, 12:37 AM
This was being talked about before Cisse got injured but it is more likely as Liverpool were going to use some of the money from Cisse for a new striker...

But personally I wouldnt mind seeing Belamy at Liverpool, think he is an underestimated striker... [/b]
Craig Bellamy is the son of Satan and must die.

Then again as a Newcastle fan I could be a bit biased against the whinging little Welsh prick.

Well I blame Souness as much for that debacle. At least Souness has found something he's good at with his world cup analysis. He may have been a shite coach but he does know his football.

Bellamy would be a good signing for Liverpool, Benitez does seem to have the midas touch when it comes to man management.

Liverpool have signed Craig Bellamy for a price thought to be in the region of £6M...

Originally posted by BBC Sport

Liverpool have completed the signing of Blackburn striker Craig Bellamy on a four-year contract.

The 26-year-old Welsh international sealed the deal, which is thought to be in the region of £6m, 24 hours after passing a medical.

Bellamy told the Reds website: "The fact that it was Liverpool made it impossible for me to turn them down.

"As I'm a fan, it doesn't matter what club I was at. I could never turn Liverpool down."

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes reluctantly told Bellamy that he could talk to the Anfield club after their offer met contractual conditions.

Bellamy's contract at Ewood Park was thought to include a clause, active until June 30, that allowed him to speak to any club offering £6m.

Liverpool are understood to have offered that amount, paving the way for contract negotiations to begin.

Bellamy scored 17 goals in 26 league and cup starts for Rovers last season.

His signing has been welcomed by Reds striker Robbie Fowler.

He said: "He's an excellent player, who will give an extra dimension to the squad."

Bellamy's arrival will signal competition for places, with England forward Peter Crouch also vying for a starting berth.

But Fowler added: "Craig is quick, a nightmare for defenders to mark, never gives anything up and knows how to score goals.

"If we are going to overhaul Chelsea, we need plenty of competition for places and Craig's arrival will keep us all on our toes."

BBC Sport

Liverpool have got the work permit for Mark Gonzalez and have also signed Fabio Aurelio, Cant wait to see these two in the premiership

i havent really heard much about Man U in the market. other than Ruud and C. Ronaldo wanting to **** off.... i would love to see that little prick ronaldo stay with Man U because i really think he will really flourish once he takes the crap out of his game but i dont know if the likes of rooney, rio & neville will be too keen seeing him again.

if man u lose ruud and ronaldo im sure they will have to sign another forward and they will have abit to spend with ronaldo surely fetching a huge price if real go after him.

im looking at the market at present and with the world cup over the offseason i really havent seen any forwards come to the fray outside of the usual suspects.... looking at the players in the world cup at present maybe we can pinch someone like Nuno Maniche off chelsea for an ok price seeing as theve signed Ballack.

or maybe go big and go after someone like Kaka. i think Kaka wouldnt really be an option seeing as Milan wouldnt be very keen on losing Shev & Kaka in the same window. but you never know... with the upcoming storm building in the SerieA those italian giants might have to do some offloading... i bet shev is glad he left milan now...

Just to update about Spurs summer activity;

In:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto - (young French fullback, highly rated in France)
Dorian Dervitte - Also French, under 17 Captain. Powerful Centre Back.
Ditimar Berbatov - 10m Pounds.
Didier Zokora - Under 8m Pounds.

No big name sales worth mentioning realy but a few have left. Carrick will hopefully stay, and we're suposedly in for Ibrahimovich :)lol:)

Well, today will see the results of the Italian football scandal, so that might move a step closer Hypno.

Zokora is class, by the way.

Indeed it should, but personally don't see the logic in that purchase. On his day pure class but the reality is he's very lazy and may not be worth the wage demand, let alone the disruption amongst our already strong strike force.

I agree about Zokora, looking foward to seeing him in action!

:(

You can magine I wasn't all to happy about this one. As long as we snap up Martin Petrov instead.

Latest posts