• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 round 1

Originally posted by umosay+Feb 8 2006, 11:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw
@Feb 8 2006, 02:16 PM
canes are f***n great team this yesr a
All our teams lookg bloody good this year, even the Chiefs will be bloody hard to beat. Highlanders look the weakest on paper imo. [/b]
How can all five of your teams look better then what they were last year? I mean, you've only lost players since last season.

Sorry Wally but the Kiwi's are looking good this year.
There's an extremely good division of quality players in all NZ teams, on paper all NZ teams are looking solid (maybe the Highlanders are the underdogs of all NZ sides but still they have Anton and Nick Evans and if you missed it Nick looked pretty solid in the Northern tour).

Australia has a new franchise, which I believe is going to shake up the Australian Union. Regardless of a forward pack consisting Nathan Sharpe and Brendan Cannon (do not underestimate these two guys - if you do you they'll win out). The Force has the next Australian Half back in Matt Henjak, and the Force is so far away from anywhere in Australia that they'll do what Western Aus does and do their own thing, ie other sportsman like Gillchrest and Langer).
I think that the biggest asset they have the at the moment though is John Mitchell (and I reckon if there's any Safa's reading remember Mitchell? he's the guy that brought the All Blacks over and put 50 Points on you - yes that guy. OK the World Cup was a bit of a screw up, but no Tana at 13... ).

I'm ranting... Australia has 2 teams in the competition thus far (due to pretty much everyone I talk to thinking that WA is poked before they even start - I predict that leave this to John Mitchell to fix).
NSW and Qld... what ever... the old ways are changing, Wobblies to start looking like a different team after the S14 has been closed. WARNING NH (Aussies are dogs - don't wake sleeping dogs).

And South Africa...
look forward to seeing the results of what they have to offer... thank god for the Southern Hemisphere, thank god for Rugby.

Oh and go the Chiefs!

^^^^^
puzzled.gif
^^^^^^^^^^
huh.gif
^^^^^

...Anyway this is the sharks team:

Sharks:
15 JP Pietersen
14 Dusty Noble
13 Gcobani Bobo
12 Andries Strauss
11 Henno Mentz
10 Percy Montgomery (WTF)
9 Ruan Pienaar
8 Jacques Botes
7 AJ Venter (captain)
6 Warren Britz
5 Johann Muller
4 Johan Ackermann
3 Brendon Botha
2 Skipper Badenhorst
1 Heinke van der Merwe

SUBS:

16 Jody Jenneker
17 Brent Moyle
18 Albert van den Berg
19 Daniel Farani
20 Sandile Nxumalo
21 Bradley Barritt
22 Brent Russell (WTF)

Crusaders squad to face the Highlanders on saturday

Crusaders: 15. Leon MacDonald, 14. Rico Gear, 13. Caleb Ralph, 12. Aaron Mauger, 11. Scott Hamilton, 10. Daniel Carter, 9. Kevin Senio, 8. Mose Tuiali'i, 7. Richard McCaw (capt), 6. Reuben Thorne, 5. Ross Filipo, 4. Chris Jack, 3. Campbell Johnstone, 2. Corey Flynn, 1. Greg Somerville. Res: 16. Tone Kopelani, 17. Wyatt Crockett, 18. Kevin O'Neill, 19. Johnny Leo'o, 20. Andrew Ellis, 21. Cameron McIntyre, 22. Casey Laulala.

very good looking crusaders team as always. the countdown is defintely now on until the start of the super 14.

Highlanders: 15. Ben Blair, 14. Vilimoni Delasau, 13. Neil Brew, 12. Seilala Mapusua, 11. Roy Kinikinilau, 10. Nick Evans, 9. Jimmy Cowan, 8. Filipo Levi, 7. Josh Blackie, 6. Craig Newby, 5. James Ryan, 4. Tom Donnelly, 3. Carl Hayman, 2. Anton Oliver (capt), 1. Clarke Dermody. Res: 16.Jason Macdonald, 17.Nick White, 18.Hoani MacDonald, 19.Hale T Pole, 20.Chris Smylie, 21.Callum Bruce, 22.Richard Kahui.

blowers unavailable due to getting a head knock in pre-season. they defintely have the forwards pack to be competitve but the backs I am not so sure.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 9 2006, 01:59 PM
blowers unavailable due to getting a head knock in pre-season. they defintely have the forwards pack to be competitve but the backs I am not so sure.
TBH...the starting backline is quite solid compared to the last 2-3 years...they how have alot of pace and power out wide...but im not too sure about backup players...i mean who will replace nick evans if he gets injured?

id put ben blair there....he is very evasive and that cud make up for his long range passing..by him running alot more and hookin up his backs with shorter passes...his kicking game is very exceptional especially for a fullback

i always pictured him as a brent russel,jason robinson type ball carrier..very nippy and he needs more ball..that is if nick evans ever falls..id like to see him take the 10 jersey...i reckon he could add some much needed x factor that the highlanders lack

roy kinikinlau?...they shouldve went for hosea gear he is the next best winger in nz

it is good but other like the blues have an established back 3 and seem to have more skillful players. I think bruce plays 10 and perhaps bambry. blair could also slot in there fairly easily as they have cover for fullback.

go the blues

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 9 2006, 04:19 PM
roy kinikinlau?...they shouldve went for hosea gear he is the next best winger in nz
They couldnt of had Hosea Gear he is contracted to Wellington.

Stormers team:
Stormers: 15 Werner Greeff, 14 Jonghi Nokwe, 13 De Wet Barry (captain), 12 Jean de Villiers, 11 Rayno Benjamin, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Bolla Conradie, 8 Adri Badenhorst, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Luke Watson, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Ross Skeate, 3 Eddie Andrews, 2 Hanyani Shimange, 1 JD Moller.
Replacements: 16 Schalk Brits, 17 Attie Winter, 18 Henk Eksteen, 19 David Hendricks, 20 Neil de Kock, 21 Naas Olivier, 22 Justin Peach.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Feb 9 2006, 08:03 PM
Stormers team:
Stormers: 15 Werner Greeff, 14 Jonghi Nokwe, 13 De Wet Barry (captain), 12 Jean de Villiers, 11 Rayno Benjamin, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Bolla Conradie, 8 Adri Badenhorst, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Luke Watson, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Ross Skeate, 3 Eddie Andrews, 2 Hanyani Shimange, 1 JD Moller.
Replacements: 16 Schalk Brits, 17 Attie Winter, 18 Henk Eksteen, 19 David Hendricks, 20 Neil de Kock, 21 Naas Olivier, 22 Justin Peach.
De Wet Barry :rahh:

I will pay $5000 to the first person that spear tackles that c#nt

seriously
shifty3.gif

Tana?
eyebrow.gif

The worst part is 99% of the time he gets away with it.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+Feb 9 2006, 08:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Feb 9 2006, 04:19 PM
They couldnt of had Hosea Gear he is contracted to Wellington. [/b]
just saying tho that if they had a choice out of wellingtons lesser wingers..kini or gear..the obvious decision would be hosea gear coz he provides so much more then roy..

roy isnt lazy but his head is just not in the game...he looks as tho he doesnt want to play but with all his physical attributes he could be a star winger for any team..same with hosea gear he is building his rep up...but hes pushing and striving for success in the game...only thing is that roy has had more game time and has played longer than hosea..still hasnt shrugged off his lack of focus

it wud be gud to see a full season of hosea gear..who is much stronger and quicker than older bro rico...he just lacks gametime and experience to keep up wit the big guns

Roy is the lesser winger though, the top 2 wings for Wellington are Fa'atau and Gear with Kinikinilau in the reserves. I just hope he hits his potential while is is still in Wellington we have let some good wings go.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Feb 9 2006, 12:59 AM
There's an extremely good division of quality players in all NZ teams, on paper all NZ teams are looking solid (maybe the Highlanders are the underdogs of all NZ sides but still they have Anton and Nick Evans and if you missed it Nick looked pretty solid in the Northern tour).

Australia has a new franchise, which I believe is going to shake up the Australian Union. Regardless of a forward pack consisting Nathan Sharpe and Brendan Cannon (do not underestimate these two guys - if you do you they'll win out). The Force has the next Australian Half back in Matt Henjak, and the Force is so far away from anywhere in Australia that they'll do what Western Aus does and do their own thing, ie other sportsman like Gillchrest and Langer).
I think that the biggest asset they have the at the moment though is John Mitchell (and I reckon if there's any Safa's reading remember Mitchell? he's the guy that brought the All Blacks over and put 50 Points on you - yes that guy. OK the World Cup was a bit of a screw up, but no Tana at 13... ).

I'm ranting... Australia has 2 teams in the competition thus far (due to pretty much everyone I talk to thinking that WA is poked before they even start - I predict that leave this to John Mitchell to fix).
NSW and Qld... what ever... the old ways are changing, Wobblies to start looking like a different team after the S14 has been closed. WARNING NH (Aussies are dogs - don't wake sleeping dogs).

And South Africa...
look forward to seeing the results of what they have to offer... thank god for the Southern Hemisphere, thank god for Rugby.

Oh and go the Chiefs!
Are you stoned? I asked how all five of your teams could be better than last year, not can I have a 500 word essay on why New Zealand is good at rugby.

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 9 2006, 08:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Dumbo
@Feb 9 2006, 12:59 AM

And South Africa...

Oh and go the Chiefs!
Are you stoned? I asked how all five of your teams could be better than last year, not can I have a 500 word essay on why New Zealand is good at rugby. [/b]
Yeah i didnt understand a word of that

Latest posts