• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 Team of the Year 2006

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

thats right..get ya nominations in for the super14 team of the year

how this will be done exactly

nominate players for each position..i will throw them in a pool amongst there competition and the powers that be..sanzar,ripz and wally plus the ultra magnificent chiro'tractor with a v8 engine on hydraulics will argue and pick the team of 2006 from the players you and us have nominated

pick a player for each position..nominations close 1st day after the super14 final and the mods here will discuss who goes where and post up the team of 2006

hav a gud day

After watching every game of the Super14 this year (except for the Hurricanes Sharks match which i forgot to record) this is my team of the year.....

1.Rodney Blake (Qld Reds) Played Tighthead most of the year but has also played Loose....... He's been outstanding all year.Ben Robinson deserves a mention but Blake has been the best prop in open play by far!!

2.Adam Freier (Waratahs) Clearly the best Hooker this year

3.Carl Hayman (Highlanders) Brilliant as always,Al Baxter also deserves a mention for a great year.

4.John Ackerman (Sharks) Solid season

5.Dan Vickerman (Waratahs) Best lock in the world on current form,unstoppable line-out jumper and a rock in defence (one of the main reasons for the Tahs record breaking defence record)

6.Luke Watson (Stormers) Outstanding especially in the last half of the season

7.George Smith (Brumbies) Best openside by a country mile this season..... and one of the best players in the Super14 this year.

8.Pedrie Wannenburg (Bulls) It was hard to choose between him and AJ Venter for this spot but Pedrie has had more standout games thats why i went for him. Luaki would have been been right up there if it wasn't for his injury.

9.George Gregan (Brumbies) Back to his best and the standout halfback this year........ Cordingley would have pushed him if injury hadn't ruined his season.

10.Dan Carter (Crusaders) Not his best season but he's been consistent and injury free unlike Larkham,Rogers and Brown who have missed alot of games.
Also the leading pointsscorer with Hewat.

11.Lomi Fa'atau (Hurricanes) Equal leading try-scorer,great finisher for the Canes.

12.Scott Staniforth (Force) Brilliant year for Scott with 9 tries(equal top try-scorer) and heaps of the line breaks...... best 12 this year.

13.Stirling Mortlock (Brumbies) Top try scorer and IMO the Super14 player of the year.

14.Mark Gerrard (Brumbies) Great on the counter attack and has gained more kicking yards than any other winger and most fullbacks.

15.Peter Hewat (Waratahs) Best Fullback,leading points scorer and one of the Super 14 players of the year.....nuff said.

BENCH

16.Anton Oliver (Highlanders)
17.Ben Robinson (Waratahs)
18.Chris Jack (Crusaders)
19.Chris Masoe (Hurricanes)
20.Leon McDonald (Crusaders)
21.Steve Larkham (Brumbies)/Berrick Barnes(Reds)
22.Ruan Pienaar (Sharks)

good team^^^

1.niamia tialata - strangled richie mccaw

2.adam frier - best hooker in the super 14 and tha most consistant

3.carl heyman - does he need 2 people next to him in the scrum?...i dont think he needs a forward pack..just gather the forwards behind him and he can by himself scrum the opposition

4.daniel vickerman - most consistant lock of tha super14

5.eaton - forgot his 1st name..but i will remember it in tha future!!!

6.jerry collins - that rugged loose trio of him,sooialo and masoe are just freakin ruthless...the best 6 in tha world for me

7.richie mccaw - had a solid season,not outstanding but him and his team have 2 very important macthes left..and thats where you will see him shine

8.??? yet to decide

9.cordingly - most outstanding player for the redz in a long while,it use to be just latham that led them around but cordingly was superb this year..fell off later in tha season but that backline built confidence from his work earlier..(valentine sucks)

10.dan carter - hes ugly but a good rugby player

11.wendall sailor - had an outstanding season,getting high..going nightclubs in south africa and beating up people...great guy..and hes black

12.rua tipoki - the bloody backbone of auckland rugby this year,barring that silly incident against tha force he was the most dangerous inside back tha whole season...set up a dozen of tries,scored a few and was on course for a trial jersey....but no...

13.stirling mortlock - best centre this year,nz teams had no consistantcy in the centres..everyones too scared to fill tanas boots..while the saffer veteran centres have been very poor..mortlock by far this season tha most consistant centre

14.lome faatau - best and most consistant winger of 2006

15.peter hewat - close one with mcdonald but peters overall impact on his team is greater..kicking,counter attacking and general defence have all been solid

hmm..will complete this later

1. not sure

2. adam frier. best hooker by a mile week to week

3. carl haymen. one of the world's best props. another great season

4. Jason eaton. outstanding season for the hurricanes. should be in the abs quad

5. daniel vickerman. has been very solid this year

6. Jerry Collin. been very good all season.

7. Richie mcCaw. showed again why he the no.1 7 in the game

8. AJ Venter. having a great year and just edges out nick williams

9. Andrew ellis. awesome year so far. defintely putting his hand up for the ab squad. has overshadowed kelleher and weepu.

10. Dan Carter. best 10 in the world showed his class again this season

11. Sitiveni Sivivatu, back to his best and a handful for every team

12. Isa Nacewa. very classy player always makes an impact and can kick goal as well. honurable mention to mauger who has had a great year.

13. Stirling Mortlock. without doubt the best centre in the super 14. tutivake gets an honourable mention here

14. Lome Fa'atu. been in great form this year.

15. Leon Macdonald. outstanding super 14 and will be pushing mils very hard for the starting abs spot. hewat has been a bit ordinary this year compared to last year.

bench

mealamu
sommervile
jack
nick williams
weepu
mauger
tuitvake

Originally posted by esoj@May 14 2006, 11:37 AM
hewat has been a bit ordinary this year compared to last year.

I have to disagree here... Hewat hasn't scored an intercept try every match this year, but his overall performance has been far superior. He contributes a heck of a lot more to the team as a whole this year.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@May 14 2006, 12:04 PM
12.rua tipoki - the bloody backbone of auckland rugby this year,barring that silly incident against tha force he was the most dangerous inside back tha whole season...set up a dozen of tries,scored a few and was on course for a trial jersey....but no...
here here!

1- Os du Randt (cheetahs)
2- Adam Frier (Waratahs)
3- Carl Hayman (Highlanders)
4- Chris Jack (Cruasaders
5- Daniel Vickerman (Waratahs)
6- Schalk Burger (Stormers)
7- Richie McCaw (Cruasaders)
8- Rodney Soloialo (Hurricanes)

9- George Gregan (Brumbies)/ Peeri Weepu (Hurricanes)
10- Daniel Carter (Cruasaders)
11- Lote Tuiquri (Waratahs)
12- Rua Tipoki (Blues)
13- Stirling Mortlock (Brumbies)
14- Lome Fa'atu (Hurricanes)
15- Leon McDonald (Cruasaders)

plz excuse the bad spellings in some cases

i like that team too...after the final we will announce the team of 2006 for the super14 season..also my awards show

1. Os du Randt
2. Shcalk Britz
3. Carl Hayman
4. Dan Vickerman
5. Johan Ackerman
6. Luke Watson
7. Richie Mccaw
8. Sione Lauaki
9. Ruan Pienaar
10. Dan Carter
11. Lome Fa'autua
12. Aaron Mauger
13. Stirling Mortlock
14. Mark Gerrard
15. Leon McDonald

16. Anton Oliver
17. Jannie Du Plessis
18. Victor Matfield
19. Jerry Collines
20. Andrew Ellis
21. Siveni Sivivatu
22. Peter Hewat

1.Du Randt
2.Frier
3.Hayman
4.Eaton
5.Matfield
6.Collins
7.Watson
8.So'oialo
9.Pienaar
10.Carter
11.Hewat
12.Mauger
13.Mortlock
14.Fa'atau
15.McDonald

16.Oliver
17.Sommerville
18.Venter
19.Masoe
20.Ellis
21.Nacewa
22.S.Staniforth

Corey Flynn
Adam Frier
Tiaan Liebenburg
Jason Eaton
Chris Jack
Jerry Collins
Richard McCaw
AJ Venter
Fourie du Preez - Makes it into my XV due to being the best Bull player in the S14
Daniel Carter
Peter Hewat
Aron Mauger
Stirling Mortlook
Sitiveni Sivivatu
Leon MacDonald

1 G Somerville
2 A Frier
3 C Hayman
4 N Sharpe
5 J Eaton
6 R McCaw