• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15 : Chiefs vs Crusaders. Maclean Park (9/3/2012 06:35 GMT)

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Chief squad announced:

1. Arizona Taumalolo ,2Mahonri Schwalger, 3 Ben Tameifuna,4 Craig Clarke, 5 Brodie Retallick, 6 Liam Messam, 7 Tanerau Latimer, 8 Kane Thompson,9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 10 Aaron Cruden, 11 Tim Nanai-Williams, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 13 Richard Kahui, 14 Asaeli Tikoirotuma, 15 Robbie Robinson, 16 Hika Elliot, 17 Shane Cleaver, 18 Mike Fitzgerald, 19 Sam Cane, 20 Augustine Pulu, 21 Andrew Horrell, 22 Jackson Willison
Same squad as last week, high expectations to see Read vs Thompson. Hopefully hte Chiefs can win it.

Guildford will normally play on the wing for the Crusaders tomorrow, moving Dagg at Fullback

Similar to Blues vs Chiefs last week. Don't know who to pick, but chances are someone will run away with it.

Maitland's at fullback for the Crusaders, O Franks, Flynn, Romano and Guildford are in for Crockett, McDonald, Whitelock and Marshall respectively.

50 all draw - that is how sure I am about this game

Hmm I'd go for Crusaders. It's in Cristchurch and the crusaders are far less likely to lose games they shouldn't than the blues. They just seem to have much better BMT.

What's going on with the administrators? it's Wednesday already and not one single thread has been started for the weekend's games by them...

thanx Amabokoboko for taking the initiative...

this game is gonna be a cracker... but I also think the crusaders will snatch it... Crusaders by 6

Hmm I'd go for Crusaders. It's in Cristchurch and the crusaders are far less likely to lose games they shouldn't than the blues. They just seem to have much better BMT.

Actually it's in Napier, because the stadium in Canterbury isn't ready yet. The Crusaders have Hawke's Bays' (arguably) top two players in Dagg and Guildford, but the Chiefs actually have multiple Hawke's Bay players in their 22 - Elliot, Taumalolo, Taumeifuna, Retallick, Tikoirotuma and Horrell, so it will be very interesting to see what the support at the stadium is like!

Chiefs by a whisker. But I've been terrible at predicting any game involving the Chiefs and Highlanders so probably the Crusaders (who I'd have picked -particularly at 'home'- if it weren't for the fact that I keep messing up predictions involving the Chiefs).

Will be interesting to see if the Chiefs play a similar brand of rugby to last week. I hope they do.

normally I'd back the crusaders but they dont seem to be quite right yet this season.

Matt Todd seems to be having 2nd season blues a but he hasn't really fired in the first two games. Fruen looks bad arse as ever but Kahui can shut him down and has done the last couple of times they have marked each other.

I think the game's in Napier so it's not a true "home game" for the crusaders. This is a good a chance as any for the chiefs to beat the crusaders but I dont think their blues performance alone will be enough they need to build on that performance again. Mostly the chiefs need more accuracy from Kahui with ball in hand - he's been great on defence but almost everything he does on attack has failed and he has slipped up under the high ball a few times... Maybe it needs to be a world cup final for him to catch high balls these days :)

Big Battle between two young first fives. going to be critical.

What is the rational behind playing Dagg on the wing and Maitland at fullback?

Interesting selection...

There's been some real ****** calls here - Chiefs score off knock on and Crusaders disallowed an obvious try.

Would also like to see Taumalolo get knocked out.

What is the rational behind playing Dagg on the wing and Maitland at fullback?

Interesting selection...
Injury limiting his kicking I think.
They (Dagg and Maitland) seem to be floating around the back three, numbers on their back not really making a difference.
6-16 to Chiefs, halftime.

Hands in the ruck by Chiefs 5m out from their own try line... not called.

Andy Ellis needs to be subbed, he's far too slow in getting the ball out.

Last edited:
Scrum penalties seem to be completely random...

There were a fair few incorrect calls/non calls by the referee, though I don't think it ultimately helped either team.

Good game, but bad result for me in the virtual. Was expecting the Crusaders just to strong simply because they are the Crusaders. Great showing by the Chiefs, and looks like the N.Z conference will be the closest of the three.

Actually it's in Napier, because the stadium in Canterbury isn't ready yet. The Crusaders have Hawke's Bays' (arguably) top two players in Dagg and Guildford, but the Chiefs actually have multiple Hawke's Bay players in their 22 - Elliot, Taumalolo, Taumeifuna, Retallick, Tikoirotuma and Horrell, so it will be very interesting to see what the support at the stadium is like!

Don't want to be picky but Tikoirotuma is from Manawatu. Had a good game too by the way. Good win for the Chiefs.

I feel like Kerr-Barlow's pick up and side skip before passing is slowing down the Chiefs backline a bit. He would be better served to whip it off the deck if he is going to the backline. Other parts of his game are going well.

Also, is it just me or is Blyendaal complete rubbish? Man he has been shocking so far this season. Given the choices he would have to be the worst starting 10 of the NZ franchises wouldn't he?

Last edited:

Latest posts