• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: THE GRAND FINAL! Reds v. Crusaders @ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (09-07-2011)

I'm a New Zealander, but never really supported a Super team because it's just manufactured rubbish and I have no affinity with any of the New Zealand sides and their crappy names.

But ever since my family have been living in Queensland, I've been a bit of a Reds supporter, and I feel they play the best rugby. So I'll be backing them this weekend. And plus, I've always strongly disliked the Crusaders and their fans **** me off.

I'll be in attendance for this one too, luckily got tickets at 9am before they sold out in 45 minutes
:D

Last edited:
Bryce Lawrence = Crusaders win

These 2 have been the best two teams throughout the year. Can't say that I prefer one over the other as winners.

horwill-mccaw-final-2011_2618942.jpg

The new trophy, held by both captains (Horwill and McCaw). This is what it is all about tomorrow! It's nice to see McCaw holding it by the South African foot of the trophy haha

I wouldn't keep on saying "Crusaders must do it for ChCh" "they have a great motivational factor after the hq, they want to win for ChCh" etc... not because it is not true or even unfair. Believe me, I don't want to offend, I have much respect for those people who suffers ore have suffered, and I understand what they're going thru as I live in a country frequently hit by huge hq!

But, is there the point?
Could this be a critical factor for Crusaders game tomorrow?

I think they are all professionist, sure they want to honour ChCh in the best way, but after all it will be a matter of 15 men against 15 men on a rugby pitch!
I'm pretty sure Ewen McKenzie tomorrow is gonna say to his army a kind of "Do it for yourselves! For you're young, you're excited, you're the best of this championship, only you deserves this trophy. Wins it for yourselves!".

I don't think the Reds need more motivations than this!

Last edited:
Should be a really good game, but the Crusaders have a bit more experience and will be able to play a wee bit stronger team.

Coming from a Country dominated by a playoff format that has 7 games in each matchup (Hockey). I can tell you from experience that if the series ever gets to the 7th game, all the past history and statistics does not matter. This is do or die, it comes down to who wants it more and will use the emotional build up to enhance their game to the next level that provides that 'Wow" effect.

I think the Reds have the chance to be that team, Crusaders will play well, but they will be unable to get the killing blow.

It is the Playoffs anything can happen, thats why you got to love it.

Who cares what the result is, if either team wins they will deserve it. The Reds who have turned themselves around from a couple of years back and brought rugby union interest back to the people of Queensland. The Crusaders who have not had a home match, never complained, and believe a win will help rebuild Christchurch after the earthquake.

Either way, rugby union wins.

Reds under McKenzie remind me a lot of the Waratahs under McKenzie.
Good, but not that good.
Face facts here; if the competition wasn't a conference format, and they didn't get to play 3 out of the 4 bottom teams twice, then the table might have looked a bit different.
Whereas, the Crusaders didn't even get to play the Lions or Rebels ONCE

As much I hate to say it, The Crusaders are pure class and have experience across the park.
The are also fuelled by a lot of emotion and desire to win for the people of Christchurch.

The Crusaders will have too much for the Reds on saturday night.
Crusaders by 12 points

I have to agree, the Crusaders always seem to be able to hold under pressure.

Saying that, if they are able to shut Cooper and Genia out of the game early, I would say its going to be a one way game. The distinct advantage I see is in the midfield, Williams and Fruean seem to work like clock work and will be miles above Tapuai and Faingaa. Sure Faingaa has some good skills but I still don't think it will be enough.

Cooper and Carter are on the same level, but when the pressure is on, I think Carter will have the coolest head.

Go the mighty Crusaders!

anyone have a decent stream to watch this on? i know its a few hours away.....

Guys please,

don't discussing streaming on the board. you know the rules.

Well, even members with +2000 posts sometimes forget this. Luckily Amobokobokoboko is watching you ;)

Well, even members with +2000 posts sometimes forget this. Luckily Amobokobokoboko is watching you ;)

Hey! Not all streaming is illegal.

I have watched NFL through a legit and legal subscription based streaming site.

Hey! Not all streaming is illegal.

I have watched NFL through a legit and legal subscription based streaming site.

Tell me, I know somone in New Zealand who says he uses an oversized antenna/ dish or whatever, to pick up the rugby games that are broadcast to the Pacific Islands free of charge, as opposed to paying the supposedly high rates that Sky (I think its Sky?) charges for Pay-per-view games.

First of all, is he talking pish?, and this cannae be done for whatever reason.
And secondly, is this legal?

As for the game, we cannae have Woldog getting any more cocky as it is, mon the Crusaders!
;)

On paper The Crusaders have a clear advantage in my opinion but the Reds are capable of moments of spectacular brilliance aswell as having a solid defence. Playing at home with a crowd of optimistic and proud fans that have really grown this year will really help them aswell. The Crusaders have the experience but the Reds are a complete different challenge and the Crusaders will have to use a smart game plan to defeat them.

I watch NHL on a legitimate stream. Sky Sports also has matches being broadcasted over a stream. Discussing that, no problem. The issue is with illegal streams. We do not want people discussing that

I swear there are so many red's bandwagoners. i.e all my mates.

Tell me, I know somone in New Zealand who says he uses an oversized antenna/ dish or whatever, to pick up the rugby games that are broadcast to the Pacific Islands free of charge, as opposed to paying the supposedly high rates that Sky (I think its Sky?) charges for Pay-per-view games.

First of all, is he talking pish?,

I don't know for sure if he is talking pish (about his set-up I mean) but do I know it is possible, however, he would probably have to be living in the upper half of the North Island to do this. He could be getting his feed off the old Optus B1 satellite, the coverage area of which extends across the Pacific from Papua New Guinea to Hawaii. In NZ we are served by Optus D1, AIUI, it doesn't have coverage into the Islands.

and secondly, is this legal?

Almost certainly not.

Latest posts