• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Aotearoa: Round 10 - [15 - 16 August 2020]

I love the driving maul, it's one of my favorite things about rugby. The Hurricanes kept stepping out of bounds which kept them off the scoreboard two or three times. Thankfully!
Really?
I think it is the one tactic that should be removed from the game.

Really?
I think it is the one tactic that should be removed from the game.
I love all the forwards stuff, love scrums line out and driving mauls, if all I want to watch is running and passing I'll watch 7's

the only edit I would make is allowing them to be pulled down, I don't think they need as much protection

I love all the forwards stuff, love scrums line out and driving mauls, if all I want to watch is running and passing I'll watch 7's

the only edit I would make is allowing them to be pulled down, I don't think they need as much protection

I enjoy both 15s and 7s. :cool: My favorite regular competitions are Super Rugby and HSBC 7s tour.

Last edited:
I enjoy both 15s and 7s. :cool: My favorite regular competitions are Super Rugby and HSBC 7s tour.
100%, love the 7's...but im kind of like...if you dont like these things are are specific to Rugby union...go watch league or 7's

100%, love the 7's...but im kind of like...if you dont like these things are are specific to Rugby union...go watch league or 7's

7s is a rugby union variant. As you know they have scrums, line outs and mauls like 15s does, just smaller. And that's why I like it. But I'm not a fan of Rugby League. I'm pro union!

Last edited:
no! really?

Well you did say...but im kind of like...if you dont like these things are are specific to Rugby union...go watch league or 7's.

So yes, really! ;) I can't wait for HSBC 7s to start up again. Our team is very good. I saw them win gold at Las Vegas in 2018.

1597979377474.png

Last edited:
Have to say I've loved watching the highlanders this year and Aaron Smith is basically a god, having improved from the last few years he's potentially playing the best rugby of his life. I truly wasn't too bothered that they beat my canes, this time, but Elliot Dixon didn't score that try.

Well you did say...but im kind of like...if you dont like these things are are specific to Rugby union...go watch league or 7's.

So yes, really! ;) I can't wait for HSBC 7s to start up again. Our team is very good. I saw them win gold at Las Vegas in 2018.

View attachment 8382
yeah, and the point stands, if you dont like scrums and maul then 7's is better to watch because they are a much smaller part of the game

I have a number of "personal" issues with it,
The biggest is that it offends my interpretation of Shepparding (yes I know it is within the rules but it just doesn't sit well).
The next is that it is almost unstoppable once in action and to counter your statement if I wanted to watch a bunch of guys in a group hug I would watch soccer. :)

To be honest, there are a couple of things about forward play and rules I would change, the rolling maul is one and the other is the ability to call scrums when the outcome is just repeated penalties due to unequal scrummaging ability between the teams.

i will concede a maul can be hard to stop legally, im actually not averse to being able to sack a maul, if a team wants to commit enough people to pull everyone down, fair play

i will concede a maul can be hard to stop legally, im actually not averse to being able to sack a maul, if a team wants to commit enough people to pull everyone down, fair play
I wouldn't have a problem with that either although I would be just as happy if they limited the time a ball could remain in the maul (similar to a ruck).

Latest posts