mania

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Samoa

What's the public opinion for the damage done to the trophy and the apparent lack of respect?
no one really cares about the trophy being damaged, its just a symbol of the result. its not the first time a winning team has broken a trophy. its very common

Jabby

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

no one really cares about the trophy being damaged, its just a symbol of the result. its not the first time a winning team has broken a trophy. its very common

Yeah, i thought this kind of thing is what builds the legends associated with these trophies, they shouldn't have value or Mana associated to them before they are won...such a fragile design was a bit silly really

My dad use to work for Air NZ back in the 90's, im sure security is a bit more thorough now days but back then air Nz just use to ship the trophies around so at one point i had the Bledisloe, the ranfurly shield, and NPC trophy (the triangle one) in my room for the night...and i can tell you....the Bledisloe was dented as ****, the rugby ball on the lid was all bent off at an angle...but i bet there was a story to go with that

Last edited: