• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Aotearoa: Round 9 - [8 - 9 August 2020]

What's the public opinion for the damage done to the trophy and the apparent lack of respect?
no one really cares about the trophy being damaged, its just a symbol of the result. its not the first time a winning team has broken a trophy. its very common

no one really cares about the trophy being damaged, its just a symbol of the result. its not the first time a winning team has broken a trophy. its very common

Yeah, i thought this kind of thing is what builds the legends associated with these trophies, they shouldn't have value or Mana associated to them before they are won...such a fragile design was a bit silly really

My dad use to work for Air NZ back in the 90's, im sure security is a bit more thorough now days but back then air Nz just use to ship the trophies around so at one point i had the Bledisloe, the ranfurly shield, and NPC trophy (the triangle one) in my room for the night...and i can tell you....the Bledisloe was dented as ****, the rugby ball on the lid was all bent off at an angle...but i bet there was a story to go with that

Last edited:

Latest posts