RugbyUSA

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brumbies

Sorry folks, I put the Super Rugby AU info. in the Super Rugby Aotearoa thread. The game was on very late/really early here in America and I was tired. :oops: Oops!

Last edited:

RugbyUSA

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brumbies

Half Time - Highlanders 17 Crusaders 13

RugbyUSA

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brumbies

Full Time - Crusaders 32 Highlanders 22

Crusaders win the Super Rugby Aotearoa Championship.

Last edited:

Jabby

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

Well...looked like the ref checked the script....saders start diving over rucks...we get penalised

That’s the most gutting loss in a long time

RugbyUSA

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brumbies

I feel sorry for Highlanders, they were better than Crusaders during the first half of the game :(

It reminds me of the Charles Dickens classic A Tale Of Two Cities. It was the best of times (first half), it was the worst of times (second half). ;)

TheOvalBall

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

France

Hurricanes looked good. But Gatland really needs to change the way the Chiefs play.

Last edited:

TheOvalBall

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

France

It was a great game Crusaders vs Highlanders. Mo'unga is having the time of his life, and Will Jordan is a supreme talent.
Crusaders are just an amazing rugby team.

mania

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Samoa

bugger we've gone into covid level 2. level 3 for auckland

Jabby

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

assuming the game will either have to be payed behind closed doors, delayed or cancelled seeing as the title has already been won, cant see it going ahead as planned

mania

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Samoa

assuming the game will either have to be payed behind closed doors, delayed or cancelled seeing as the title has already been won, cant see it going ahead as planned
or played in auckland but no crowd

RugbyUSA

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brumbies

Not only that, the game has lost a lot of it's luster now that the Crusaders have the title. It would have been a great match up had the championship been on the line this weekend.

1597188599657.png

Last edited:

Gavin

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Former Soviet Union

Club or Nation

Barbarians

Final games cancelled because of the virus. No messing in New Zealand.

What's the public opinion for the damage done to the trophy and the apparent lack of respect?

Jabby

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

Final games cancelled because of the virus. No messing in New Zealand.

What's the public opinion for the damage done to the trophy and the apparent lack of respect?
...no they’re not, landers v canes is just behind closed doors

RugbyUSA

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brumbies

...no they’re not, landers v canes is just behind closed doors

Hi Jabby. Is the New Zealand North vs South match this weekend an All Star game? Players from Super Rugby teams from the North island vs the South island? Just curious.

Jabby

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

Hi Jabby. Is the New Zealand North vs South match this weekend an All Star game? Players from Super Rugby teams from the North island vs the South island? Just curious.
you could call it an "all star game"

squads were selected based on the first 1st class team a player played for, so that would be NPC (Auckland, wellington, Canturbury et al) or Super rugby (Blues, Canes, Saders et al)

so there are some weird selections, Damien Mackenzie born and raised in southland (south island) high school in christchurch (south island)...first played for Waikato so in the North Island team

the barrett brothers are in different squads because even though they grew up together they first played for different teams

its viewed as a mix of all star spectacle and all black trial

personally, i think NZR has been a little short sited, I would have preferred high school 1st XV, then they could have done a whole lot of build up with players going back to their highschools, maybe training in their old jerseys

at the moment thee seems to be very little build up too it...its like "hey fellas....there's another game of rugby on...check it out"

RugbyUSA

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brumbies

you could call it an "all star game"

squads were selected based on the first 1st class team a player played for, so that would be NPC (Auckland, wellington, Canturbury et al) or Super rugby (Blues, Canes, Saders et al)

so there are some weird selections, Damien Mackenzie born and raised in southland (south island) high school in christchurch (south island)...first played for Waikato so in the North Island team

the barrett brothers are in different squads because even though they grew up together they first played for different teams

its viewed as a mix of all star spectacle and all black trial

personally, i think NZR has been a little short sited, I would have preferred high school 1st XV, then they could have done a whole lot of build up with players going back to their highschools, maybe training in their old jerseys

at the moment thee seems to be very little build up too it...its like "hey fellas....there's another game of rugby on...check it out"

Thank you for the explanation. All ESPN+ shows on their website is New Zealand North vs South.

I'll watch it!

Last edited: