• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Aotearoa: Round 9 - [8 - 9 August 2020]

Sorry folks, I put the Super Rugby AU info. in the Super Rugby Aotearoa thread. The game was on very late/really early here in America and I was tired. :oops: Oops!

Last edited:
Full Time - Crusaders 32 Highlanders 22

Crusaders win the Super Rugby Aotearoa Championship.

Last edited:
Well...looked like the ref checked the script....saders start diving over rucks...we get penalised

That's the most gutting loss in a long time

I feel sorry for Highlanders, they were better than Crusaders during the first half of the game :(

It reminds me of the Charles Dickens classic A Tale Of Two Cities. It was the best of times (first half), it was the worst of times (second half). ;)

Hurricanes looked good. But Gatland really needs to change the way the Chiefs play.

Last edited:
It was a great game Crusaders vs Highlanders. Mo'unga is having the time of his life, and Will Jordan is a supreme talent.
Crusaders are just an amazing rugby team.

bugger we've gone into covid level 2. level 3 for auckland

assuming the game will either have to be payed behind closed doors, delayed or cancelled seeing as the ***le has already been won, cant see it going ahead as planned

assuming the game will either have to be payed behind closed doors, delayed or cancelled seeing as the ***le has already been won, cant see it going ahead as planned
or played in auckland but no crowd

Not only that, the game has lost a lot of it's luster now that the Crusaders have the ***le. It would have been a great match up had the championship been on the line this weekend.

1597188599657.png

Last edited:
Final games cancelled because of the virus. No messing in New Zealand.

What's the public opinion for the damage done to the trophy and the apparent lack of respect?

Final games cancelled because of the virus. No messing in New Zealand.

What's the public opinion for the damage done to the trophy and the apparent lack of respect?
...no they're not, landers v canes is just behind closed doors

...no they're not, landers v canes is just behind closed doors

Hi Jabby. Is the New Zealand North vs South match this weekend an All Star game? Players from Super Rugby teams from the North island vs the South island? Just curious.

Hi Jabby. Is the New Zealand North vs South match this weekend an All Star game? Players from Super Rugby teams from the North island vs the South island? Just curious.
you could call it an "all star game"

squads were selected based on the first 1st class team a player played for, so that would be NPC (Auckland, wellington, Canturbury et al) or Super rugby (Blues, Canes, Saders et al)

so there are some weird selections, Damien Mackenzie born and raised in southland (south island) high school in christchurch (south island)...first played for Waikato so in the North Island team

the barrett brothers are in different squads because even though they grew up together they first played for different teams

its viewed as a mix of all star spectacle and all black trial

personally, i think NZR has been a little short sited, I would have preferred high school 1st XV, then they could have done a whole lot of build up with players going back to their highschools, maybe training in their old jerseys

at the moment thee seems to be very little build up too it...its like "hey fellas....there's another game of rugby on...check it out"

you could call it an "all star game"

squads were selected based on the first 1st class team a player played for, so that would be NPC (Auckland, wellington, Canturbury et al) or Super rugby (Blues, Canes, Saders et al)

so there are some weird selections, Damien Mackenzie born and raised in southland (south island) high school in christchurch (south island)...first played for Waikato so in the North Island team

the barrett brothers are in different squads because even though they grew up together they first played for different teams

its viewed as a mix of all star spectacle and all black trial

personally, i think NZR has been a little short sited, I would have preferred high school 1st XV, then they could have done a whole lot of build up with players going back to their highschools, maybe training in their old jerseys

at the moment thee seems to be very little build up too it...its like "hey fellas....there's another game of rugby on...check it out"

Thank you for the explanation. All ESPN+ shows on their website is New Zealand North vs South.

I'll watch it!

Last edited:

Latest posts