• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Aotearoa: Round 7 - [25 - 26 July 2020]

Awesome performance by the Canes!. Everyone thought the Crusaders were going to steamroller us. Amazing really because we've had far better teams over recent years go to Christchurch and get dusted. With every passing week i find it hard to understand how Laumape didn't make the RWC squad for the AB's. The guy is awesome. Him and Ardie just deliver game in game out, ultra-consistent .

Awesome performance by the Canes!. Everyone thought the Crusaders were going to steamroller us. Amazing really because we've had far better teams over recent years go to Christchurch and get dusted. With every passing week i find it hard to understand how Laumape didn't make the RWC squad for the AB's. The guy is awesome. Him and Ardie just deliver game in game out, ultra-consistent .

Not everyone, I think most people on this message board expected a close game with the Crusaders winning. I know I did. But I'm glad the Hurricanes won because I'm so tired of the Crusaders winning all the time. Congratulations again! :cool:

DMacs main contribution to this game seems to be running across field and then making a hospital pass

Blues win 21-17 in a very good game!

Chiefs remain winless in Aotearoa play.

What a great game. Hurricanes were fearless and really came to play. Great to see the Crusaders losing for once at home, first time in 36 games.

DMacs main contribution to this game seems to be running across field and then making a hospital pass
Haha, I like dmac but boy his style looks bad when it doesn't work. And then I feel embarrassed for cheering him on.

So often no one is on the same page as him. When you had cruden and James Lowe, on top of lienert brown, you had enough people on the same page for it to work, then you had ngatai to straighten it when needed. That was the team where dmac said style really shined.

I mean, throwing a hospital pass doesn't work no matter whether the other players are in the same page. He had a bit of a shocker.

Haha, I like dmac but boy his style looks bad when it doesn't work. And then I feel embarrassed for cheering him on.

So often no one is on the same page as him. When you had cruden and James Lowe, on top of lienert brown, you had enough people on the same page for it to work, then you had ngatai to straighten it when needed. That was the team where dmac said style really shined.

I mean, throwing a hospital pass doesn't work no matter whether the other players are in the same page. He had a bit of a shocker.

thats the key bit, alot of the time he did almost make something, he'd make the half break...but no one was on his shoulder...or he'd make the pass to someone in space....but they didn't know it was coming and so were stationary

agree with jabby. you cant fault dMac's efforts. he was trying his butt off, but unfortunately no one else is on his waveLength as far as attacking rugby goes. dMac created opportunity almost every time he touched the ball. just need his teammates to build on top of that opportunity

agree with jabby. you cant fault dMac's efforts. he was trying his butt off, but unfortunately no one else is on his waveLength as far as attacking rugby goes. dMac created opportunity almost every time he touched the ball. just need his teammates to build on top of that opportunity
he does need to learn to just take the tackle throwing it to someone he can see is in space but is flat footed is just risking the knock on

he does need to learn to just take the tackle throwing it to someone he can see is in space but is flat footed is just risking the knock on
yup agree, but do you really wanna stifle a talent like his? imagine him around sevuReec and georgeBridge and he would be shtloads more effective. dMac has a desire to make something happen. whilst theres risk theres so much potential for reward if he had the right personnel around him.

yup agree, but do you really wanna stifle a talent like his? imagine him around sevuReec and georgeBridge and he would be shtloads more effective. dMac has a desire to make something happen. whilst theres risk theres so much potential for reward if he had the right personnel around him.
i dont think its stifling to just think past passing it and realising (like the rest of us learnt as a kid) taking to to ground and setting up is a nice safe play

i dont think its stifling to just think past passing it and realising (like the rest of us learnt as a kid) taking to to ground and setting up is a nice safe play

I don't disagree and it frustrates the hell out of me but you also have to consider that he's tiny and can't always just take the tackle and reset. Part of being so elusive means he's often isolated so being tackled is an instant turn over anyway. Might as well pass it to a bigger stationary player that can buy a few seconds before the breakdown.

I don't disagree and it frustrates the hell out of me but you also have to consider that he's tiny and can't always just take the tackle and reset. Part of being so elusive means he's often isolated so being tackled is an instant turn over anyway. Might as well pass it to a bigger stationary player that can buy a few seconds before the breakdown.
Good insight.
Were you a fan of James Lowe? He, dmac, and lienert brown were on the same page. Almost like cully and umaga For the canes back in the day

Latest posts