• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

super rugby places acording to inside rugby

:lol:

Ahhh, 9 is supposed to be Sharks :p

1. John Schwalger (was arguably the form prop of the ITM Cup.
2. Andrew Hore (All Black Hooker)
3. Neemia Tialata (All Black Tub-O-****, but had a good game for the Barbarians who beat SA)
4. Jason Eaton (Possible WC All Black)
5. Jeremy Thrush (Wellington's Captain for the end of the season)
6. Victor Vito (Will be an AB in the RWC)
7. Karl Lowe (Best ITM Cup Flanker, will be late entry)
8. Rodney So'oialo (A bit past it, but Faifile Levave is very capable).
9. Tyson Keats (Solid)
10. Aaron Cruden (IRB Junior Player of 2009/If he's great, Hurricanes could win the entire thing. If he's average, we'll finish mid table)
11. Hosea Gear (Arguably Best Winger in the world)
12. Ma'a Nonu (Arguable best 12 in the world)
13. Conrad Smith (Arguably the best Center in the world)
14. Julian Savea (IRB Junior Player of the Year 2010)
15. Cory Jane (Arguably best outside back in the world)

With the Canes backline, I find it hard to think people are counting them in the same standard as the Lions, Highlanders, Western Force, Cheetahs and Rebels...

The forward pack as individuals is one of the better packs in the competition, with 6/8 being All Blacks at some point. What has been the Canes biggest problem is the fact that they play such an expansive and at times, stupid game, that the forwards just can't keep up, and get isolated, but with Mark Hammett bringing a pragmatic approach, as apposed to Colin Cooper's entertaining but silly style.

I don't think the Hurricanes reserves are any less impressive than any other teams. Yes, many of the AB's will be rested, but the Canes regions have produced the best young talent in the last 4 years with Dagg, Guildford, Savea, Gruden, Vito, Fruean and all the Whitelocks being origionally from within the Wellington recruitment.

I'm not saying we'll win the thing for sure, but I find it's a little hard to think that we'll come any less than 7th. Doesn't immediately strike me as a vintage team, but I think Aaron Cruden has now had long enough to show us what he's worth.

I'm all for the Hurricanes but unless the forwards are able to do the grunt upfront and provide the backs with good ball Ma'a and co are gonna always be on the backfoot sadly.But in saying that the Canes are gonna win the ***le:)

1.Hurricanes
2.Crusaders
3.Bulls
4.Blues
5.Stormers
6.Chiefs
7.Reds
8.Brumbies
9.Waratahs
10.Sharks
11.Rebels
12.Force
13.Cheetahs
14.Highlanders
15.Lions

Com'on Canes

Teams

It all depends on which players are rested during this years competition.

NZ Pool

1.Crusaders (Will always be Hard to Beat & ITM Cup Champs)
2.Hurricans (I Love watching Aron Cruden and with Nonu outside)
3.Blues (You Never know what can happen got a good team need to play as one)
4.Chiefs (Need to win some home games this year)
5.Highlanders (Will beat you if you give them a chance)

I think this is a tough pool and think the top four will fight it out.

Aus Pool

1.Waratahs
2.Reds
3.Brumbies
4.Force
5.Rebels (Dont think they will win a match)

Good contest amounst the top three but Australia are lucky this format was created as i believe although the wallabies are looking dangerous there super rugby teams are not.

SA Pool

1.Sharks (Great Currie-cup with good mixture of youth and experiance if they have a weekness it is a world class center pairing and a reliable kicker)

2.Stormers (Best backline in the competetion but hope Peter Grant is playing flyhalf as he had his best games last year in NZ and the WC is there so hope he can repeat his performance. Lack A quality Front Row.)

3.Bulls ( Had a poor Currie-cup and first time in years seam to lack quaility depth especially in the back-line. When Fourie Du Preez returns if he is at his best who knows though, he is the best player in the world)

4.Lions (will fight it out with the cheetahs for 4th place but will beat a team or two during the process.

5.Cheetahs (Create front row and back row but need a good 4,5. they can compete upfront but unfortunatly are a bit short of fire power in the back line.

It all depends on which players are rested during this years competition.

NZ Pool

1.Crusaders (Will always be Hard to Beat & ITM Cup Champs)
2.Hurricans (I Love watching Aron Cruden and with Nonu outside)
3.Blues (You Never know what can happen got a good team need to play as one)
4.Chiefs (Need to win some home games this year)
5.Highlanders (Will beat you if you give them a chance)

I think this is a tough pool and think the top four will fight it out.

Aus Pool

1.Waratahs
2.Reds
3.Brumbies
4.Force
5.Rebels (Dont think they will win a match)

Good contest amounst the top three but Australia are lucky this format was created as i believe although the wallabies are looking dangerous there super rugby teams are not.

SA Pool

1.Sharks (Great Currie-cup with good mixture of youth and experiance if they have a weekness it is a world class center pairing and a reliable kicker)

2.Stormers (Best backline in the competetion but hope Peter Grant is playing flyhalf as he had his best games last year in NZ and the WC is there so hope he can repeat his performance. Lack A quality Front Row.)

3.Bulls ( Had a poor Currie-cup and first time in years seam to lack quaility depth especially in the back-line. When Fourie Du Preez returns if he is at his best who knows though, he is the best player in the world)

4.Lions (will fight it out with the cheetahs for 4th place but will beat a team or two during the process.

5.Cheetahs (Create front row and back row but need a good 4,5. they can compete upfront but unfortunatly are a bit short of fire power in the back line.

Good read and I agree with most of what you say except for:

- I think the tag ' best bakline' has to go to the Hurricanes; both teams have a great centre pairing and whereas we have an extra world class centre, I think we are behind the 'Canes when it comes to the back three with Habana being off form and Jantjes, solid though he is, being no Cory Jane. I am not convinced by Cruden but Weepu > Januarie / Duvenhage. The Chiefs and Reds also make a good claim to the tag.

- The Bulls are a stronger team this year than the one that won the S14 championship last year: they didn't lose anyone in the backs who would start and got Basson (form SA winger with new CC tries scored record playing for the Griquas FFS!) in. Also, injured players inAkona Ndungane and Jaco Pretorius are back along with du Preez and the young guys in Hougaard, van der Heever and Watermeyer have gained valuable experience. Kirschner has also been upping his game slowly but surely.

In the forwards they have lost a little depth in the front row but no starters. They still have 4 Springbok locks and a great backrow with depth.

Edit:

Best front row: Sharks with Blues 2nd
Best second row: Bulls with Crusaders 2nd
Best backrow: Crusaders with Sharks 2nd
Best halves: Reds with Crusaders and Bulls close on their heals
Best centers: Hurricanes with Stormers 2nd
Best back three: Waratahs (can't believe the 'Tahs would feature here but I rate the Mitchell, Beale, Turner combo highest) with Chiefs/'Canes 2nd

Last edited:
1.Bulls - So much talent and well balanced side.
2.Reds - I am a huge reds supporter but seriously believe they will dominate this season.
3.Crusaders - its the crusaders.. they are always in the top 4
4.Stomers - In it to the end of course but don't think this is their year.
5.Hurricanes - Always able to win games but a bit inconsistent.
6.Waratahs - No chance this year
7.Sharks - same as hurricanes.
8.Brumbies - same as tahs.
9.Blues - Think they will start well but get burried later on.
10.Chiefs - good side but no.
11.Rebels - No idea but probably not consistent.
12.Western Force - similar to last season.
13.Highlanders.
14.Lions.
15.Cheetahs

1.Bulls - So much talent and well balanced side.
2.Reds - I am a huge reds supporter but seriously believe they will dominate this season.
3.Crusaders - its the crusaders.. they are always in the top 4
4.Stomers - In it to the end of course but don't think this is their year.
5.Hurricanes - Always able to win games but a bit inconsistent.
6.Waratahs - No chance this year
7.Sharks - same as hurricanes.
8.Brumbies - same as tahs.
9.Blues - Think they will start well but get burried later on.
10.Chiefs - good side but no.
11.Rebels - No idea but probably not consistent.
12.Western Force - similar to last season.
13.Highlanders.
14.Lions.
15.Cheetahs

Bulls are getting too old in the pack to keep up with the modern game and the refs this year will be pinging them more at the ruck.

1. Crusaders - they have a good chance with arguably the most balanced and consistent team. Only perceivable weakness is in the midfield defense and Turbo Boots Maitland having a bad day.
2. Stormers - Will keep up the pace of last year, haven't lost anything and even if teams know what to expect, they're still very strong
3. Sharks - CC form dictates they are going to be a strong contender come finals team, with a balanced squad with youth.
4. Bulls - Very strong but too reliant on old power game, which as evident from TN, makes them prone to losing to faster and fitter sides. Think they'll be awarded less penalties and Morne STeyn will be less influential.
5. Reds - Teams know whats coming from them and QC will be heavily targeted and since he's no DC, he's going to find life a little more difficult. Good player and good quick team but will miss out again come finals time.
6. Waratahs - Strong team but like the Bulls, will be found out a lot more this season around.
7. Blues - Strong team but too inconsistent
8. Brumbies
9. Chiefs
10. Hurricanes - tempted to swap them and HIghlanders. Thin on depth and lack of a strong 10 means weak start to season and I doubt Weepu coming back is enough.
11. Highlanders - Only this low because they tend to fade in the last 15 min of games.
12. Force
13. Cheetahs
14. Lions
15. Rebels

Everything will be really close this season, if anything, those in the top 6 are going to be separated by the thinnest of margins and other than the Rebels, don't perceive any outright whipping boys. This will be a very exciting season to watch.

1. Stormers
2. Crusaders
3. Reds
4. Sharks
5. Bulls
6. Hurricans
7. Warratahs
8. Lions
9. Chiefs
10. Blues
11. Rebels
12. Brumbies
13. Western Force
14. Highlanders
15. Cheetahs

Last edited:
1. Stormers
4. Sharks
5. Bulls
8. Lions
15. Cheetahs

I know this is mathematically possible, buf I think it is highly unlikely that the conference containing the top of the log team can still have 3 other franchises in the top 8

Latest posts