• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Semi-Final: Waratahs vs Highlanders

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You'd have to say that's the ball game :) will be there supporting the Canes next Saturday. Gonna be a new winner this year.

Tahs just made way to many mistakes the HL should of won this much earlier in the match. They'll need to be so much better than this next week. But the canes also were off so you never know.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually think the HL can take alot of these tactics from this match into the Canes match Peranara cant kick properly off both sides so he's always looking for barret in certain positions of the field....

yeah, really banking on our boys fizzing after that QF

One thing i would like to see more of is kicking for territory rather than just bombs. The games we have really bossed are the ones where Sopanga and Smith's have plugged the corners when they could. Giving it to Falau is not a good idea and trying to run it out from our own half puts too much pressure on everyone

Called it! Kick in behind and what for them to make a mistake

Does anyone else find Aaron Smith arrogant? I get the feeling if he was an Aussie he would be labelled a sore winner.

Called it! Kick in behind and what for them to make a mistake

Yep to many bombs against THIS team.... Would be nice to see Nehe get a real test under some bombs though. But in this match they spammed them to Folau way to much.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone else find Aaron Smith arrogant? I get the feeling if he was an Aussie he would be labelled a sore winner.

Iv never liked him but everybody knows that. He's playing well though I'll admit that. He's a little bit like George in a way maybe he can tell the Australians/English at this WC "4 more years boys""4 more years"

Last edited:
Well done to the Highlanders, but a disappointing end to the season for us sadly. Funnily enough this was a lot like the Roosters last year - we were almost perfect in 2013 when we won, but the next year were really inconsistent and scrapped our way to the finals before putting in a very ordinary performance in the semis and getting knocked out. Pretty much sums up us in the union 2014-15

Should be a cracking final. I would think these are the two best backlines in world rugby, outside of test rugby. Probably including most test rugby.

Yeah he comes across really hyper and annoying. He's a normal nice guy off the field but if he was an Aussie yeah I'd think he was a ********.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah he comes across really hyper and annoying. He's a normal nice guy off the field but if he was an Aussie yeah I'd think he was a ********.

Speechless.

Tahs were really bad, we didn't take a lot of chances and still smashed them 5 tries to 1.

We can beat the Canes as well. We've got some guys coming back, Pryor and Wheeler, I believe we can do it.

Sopoaga needs to show up mentally, kicks well during the campaign but mentally loses it when it's tight.

God what a result though... unreal, if we don't win it this season, we should the next.

EDIT:

Your comments about Smith are stupid, it's his winning mentality and competitive attitude coming through, just like George Gregans, he's becoming the best half back ever.

He's a halfback FFS. Being cocky and self-assured with plenty to say for yourself is a core requisite for the job....Gregan, White, Care, Phipps, Marshall, Wigglesworth, Cowan, Stirzaker, Perenara, Youngs, all great examples. Halfbacks have to make up in attitude for what they lose in size. I would call Aaron Smith; enthusiastic, passionate, driven and competitive, but no more arrogant that your average elite halfback. When you are as good as he is, you have every right to be.

Never a fan of people rubbing it in to the opposition when you win, halfback or not. Same deal with Brad Haddin and wicketkeepers in cricket.

Aaron Smith is exactly the drive and attitude we've been missing at 9 for YEARS, actually EVER.

Here's probably our best ever half back and you guys are slating him for being competitive and sticking it to teams. Wtf?

Great performance from Highlanders. You deserved the win

Finally justice is done. Jacques Potgieter gotten the yellow card for swing arms. He has been doing this the whole season.

Shane Christie has been very good today from the bench. So disappointing it was only his first appearance this season!

Really happy to see the highlanders get through, hope they win the big one. . Ref was really poor thought, I feel waratahs were massively hard done by.. in saying that highlanders were the much better side and deserve the spot in the final. . Good luck lads hope u take it all the way.. ALL NZ FINAL

Latest posts