Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Super%20Rugby.png

Eden Park, Auckland - (23/03/2012, 19:35)

Blues.png
Versus%20Super.png
Hurricanes.png

big match for both teams, as you can only lose so many in a season before the playoffs become unlikely. my pick are the canes with them having the better fly half, atleast untill anscombe comes on then things even up. but as far as i can see the fowards are very even just leaving the backline with better teamwork to win.. so i go canes by 5-10

the way I see it with the blues having so many players out and just returning from a road trip the result should be in the Hurricanes favour.

The NZ conference is super tight, any team can beat any other team - this game could decide who has NZ's wooden spoon after the first round of games bwtween NZ sides.

As always. I'm picking the Canes to win this one. But on the game itself, I feel Ma'a will be a constant threat, definitely wanting to do his talking out on the field in the sense of getting one up on Hammett. Not only Ma'a, but other ex Hurricanes Weepu and Mathewson. It's definitely a grudge match. But I think the Cane's back three and back row will be the deciding factors.

Wow.

What a try Conrad Smith; great break from Barrett.

Pending the conversion, the Blues look like they've choked again. Coming from a Blues fan, not surprised.

The madness continues. I had the Hurricanes pegged for a certain bottom place in the NZ conference and only above possibly Force, Lions and Brumbies on the combined log. Luckily for my Superbru picks I backed them with the Blues looking out of sorts this season.

Thank you Blues, you once again ****ed up my Superbru. I don't know whats going on with some of the teams.

Awesome match- if you have it recorded, well worth watching.

well done CANES!!!

Luckily for my SuperBru I got this one to the point, needed it as I sucked thus far

Back to the game, that replacement loose forward for the Canes, take note I think I have spotted the next up and coming All Black

P.S. My SuperBru team: BIGBADFUN Team - feel free to join

Jeeeeeezzzz. I was in the pub watching this and I said they'll score an epic try in the last three minutes to win. But after penalty after penalty after penalty and kicking away the ball, I was starting to ride them off. Then BOOM! Match of the season so far?

Hurricanes deserved it in my opinion. They scored four tries to the Blues one. Only penalties let them down (some I think were pretty harsh as well). The Canes backline looks so lethal. Andre Taylor is leading the competition in linebreaks and has scored some amazing tries so far, and I've never really rated him that much in the past. As I thought though, he's much better at fullback than on the wing where he was last season. I think I saw one error by Julian Savea all game, but he's now starting to live up to his potential (looks like a carbon copy of a young Hosea Gear). Cory Jane was once again class.

That being said, if the Blues had Kaino, Ranger, Mealamu and Toeava I think it may have been different. The Blues didn't create much and survived off the Hurricanes poor discipline, but with those guys they may have looked better.

Why did Anscombe not go on? Never really rated Michael Hobbs.

Final note; anyone else think Alby Mathewson was brilliant for the Blues?

I didn't understand why Anscombe wasn't starting when I read the teams yesterday. Is Lam just resting/protecting him? I feel the same about Hobbs, he's distinctly average at best.

what a game?!?!? hurricanes always play exciting rugby and are always unpredictable, might be why I like them :D

man oh man, is Weepu done :(

i can see that Hammett prefers players who's work-rate is high... might be why he sacked Nonu... who looks to not give **** at times... weepu is also slow at everything...2010 was his best season probably... don't know why Hore left :? his workrate is high!!! Gear also looks lazy at times not looking for work etc...

Savea is a monster, looks like a jerry collins on the wing :D

i think Cory Jane must have the best hand-off in world rugby... fck me that guy is strong... weepu weighs a ton

canes problem have always been on 9 but especially on 10... now they have a brilliant flyhalf and a decent scrumhalf... the backline can live up to its potential...

but i'm sorry to say, the canes will end up losing next week match vs the cheetahs, a game they should win...

but that is cane rugby...

what a game?!?!? hurricanes always play exciting rugby and are always unpredictable, might be why I like them :D

man oh man, is Weepu done :(

i can see that Hammett prefers players who's work-rate is high... might be why he sacked Nonu... who looks to not give **** at times... weepu is also slow at everything...2010 was his best season probably... don't know why Hore left :? his workrate is high!!! Gear also looks lazy at times not looking for work etc...

Savea is a monster, looks like a jerry collins on the wing :D

i think Cory Jane must have the best hand-off in world rugby... fck me that guy is strong... weepu weighs a ton

canes problem have always been on 9 but especially on 10... now they have a brilliant flyhalf and a decent scrumhalf... the backline can live up to its potential...

but i'm sorry to say, the canes will end up losing next week match vs the cheetahs, a game they should win...

but that is cane rugby...

Don't think Weepu is done. Didn't have a great game at 10, but looked fine in the halfback role. Just needs game time, I certainly wouldn't write him off (he was very average in Super Rugby in 2010 and then went on to be awsome for the All Blacks).

He got rid of Nonu not because he's a bad player but because he felt he was disruptive in the team enviroment. Tim Bateman has been class for the Hurricanes (really underestimated him at the beginning of the season) but I'm sure if given the option of a positive attitude Nonu or Bateman Hammett would pick Nonu. Andrew Hore was also released apparently because of his midweek drinking and attitude. The Hurricanes tried pretty hard to sign Hosea Gear (he's very well liked by the Wellington Rugby Football Union), however Gear wished to leave. Had nothing to do with him as a player. In fact it'd be very hard to justify getting rid of Gear as a player and then put Julian Savea on the wing who is like a younger less refined version (albeit a beast). Gear's been very good for the Highlanders.

Agreed that Cory Jane has best fend in world rugby. It's amazing.

I'm going to back the Hurricanes next week against the Cheetahs. Playing at home they should be able to do it. This Hurricanes team has also been very consistant, they've looked good in every game even the two they lost against the Stormers and Highlanders they've looked good. I think that's part of what Hammett has brought to the side. If I have any real worry with the Hurricanes it's depth. If Peranara, Barrett or any of the back three get injured we're in trouble.

Well done Canes, Blues are in a deeper mess then before. Will be a long season for them. I reckon Lam will leave the Blues at the end of the season.

Hurricanes did nothing all game, then win with a BP by getting four opportunistic tries :p

They really played very poorly - catching seemed to evade a lot of their forwards at times.

Weepu is done. He is sooooo slow at the base, ****** around pointing and directing, probably cause he is tired. Disgraceful that he turns up in such poor physical condition as well. Alby Mathewson must be fuming he gets benched for the lazy fat Weepu.

Latest posts