• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team Rankings in Rugby 05

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Feb 25 2005, 03:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Feb 25 2005, 03:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Feb 25 2005, 03:14 PM
man, i think that argentena is under-rated, they beat france, only just just lost to ireland (by a 40m drop goal or something), i would put it

1)New Zealnand
2)australia
3)south africa
4)france
5)ireland
6)argentena
7)wales
8)england
9)samoa
10)scotland
exactly

I mean look at France's past few games

England 17 - 18 France 13/Feb/05 London (Twickenham) P.D. (Paddy) O'Brien More...
France 16 - 9 Scotland 05/Feb/05 Paris (Stade de France) N.H. (Nigel) Williams More...
France 6 - 45 New Zealand 27/Nov/04 Paris (Stade de France) A.C.P. (Alain) Rolland More...
France 14 - 24 Argentina 20/Nov/04 Marseille J.I. (Jonathan) Kaplan More...

England should have won that game, Not a very impressive win over Scotland, New Zealand Smashed Them, Convincing Argentinian Win

France is not playing like a top tiered team and they don't deserve to be there. I think with a whole squad Argentina could give most of the NH teams a big run for the money and could probably give South Africa a good run aswell. [/b]
Probably, should've, and almost don't count.

France have won their last two matches -- doesn't really matter how they've played or how they've achieved it.

Also, and this is the power of French rugby -- they're unpredictable. They are always the most unpredictable side. So, until they get a consistent run of losses, they won't drop out of the top 5.

But now, and this is directed to everyone, are we talking about the rankings of teams in Rugby 2005 or in general. Like that fat guy in the Death Star trench says, "Stay on topic. Stay on topic."

you lot are all mad,living in a fantasy world as i said wales are fourth in the world,they are the best nh team,after this weekend,that will be apparent.

I think you guys are getting carried away - esdpecially you Springbok.

The ranking right now would be something like this..

1. NZ
2. Aus
3. France/England
4. Ireland/SA
5. Wales

I know Eng are poor at the moment, but could have easily won their last two games. In Aug we beat the crap out of SA - you weren't in the game - can't you remember that or not? And we would have beaten the Aus if we had a kicker that day as well! - Yes i know Aus played well in the 1st half, but they didn't get near our 22 in the 2nd half.

If Eng travelled to SA now, it would be close, and on current performance, yes SA would win, but this form of England's is temporary. They still have a better forward pack than SA, and when all the injuries clear up, they'll have a better back line as well.

Bottom line is NZ are far better, and Aus are always going to be strong.

To all SA's - you're about 2 yrs away from being proper world beaters (not just one off games etc) - but that builds you up nicely for 2007, in which i think you'll be the favourites, and will win.

To Bman2112

Mate you are only as good as your last game. Don't give us that if you had a kicker you would beat australia/france. You lost and did not win. Yes england did play far better then south africa and did deserved to win. But please keep in mind that we played the tri nations, loads of domestic games and england just started playing. Basically all the boys in the NH are fresh and all the boys in the SH are tired. Example : south africa beating ireland in south africa twice. The irish boys were tired. Then when south africa came over ireland won. The only boys that seems to perform in the NH is Australia and New Zealand. But again they do not perform at 100% and is still managing to beat the NH teams. I think we all know how lost england is without jonny. And please keep in mind that I am english. Rebuilding mate, rebuilding, nobody stays at the top for 4 years these days. I will not be surprised if wales are on top of the world in a years time. And I hope they are because its good for rugby in general.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 25 2005, 10:18 AM
Sorry to spoil your moment, but until Ireland and France have been toppled, Wales have only shown improvement, not that they are 'the world no. 4'.
well wales are right up there now after beating france...

i wasnt trying to bum u out or anything i was just pointing it out.. but i rate wales right up there after their close loss to NZ and their 1st 2 wins in the 6 nations...

Originally posted by sambad5@Feb 25 2005, 03:14 PM
man, i think that argentena is under-rated, they beat france, only just just lost to ireland (by a 40m drop goal or something), i would put it

1)New Zealnand
2)australia
3)south africa
4)france
5)ireland
6)argentena
7)wales
8)england
9)samoa
10)scotland
lol where did u get samoa from?

samoa juss came out from nowhere

Originally posted by kinkon89+Feb 27 2005, 04:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Feb 27 2005, 04:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5

1)New Zealnand
2)australia
3)south africa
4)france
5)ireland
6)argentena
7)wales
8)england
9)samoa
10)scotland

samoa juss came out from nowhere [/b]
1)New Zealnand
2)australia
3)south africa
4)france
5)ireland
6)argentena
7)wales
8)england
9)fiji
10)samoa
11)scotland

-brain freeze....

Originally posted by sambad5+Feb 27 2005, 05:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Feb 27 2005, 05:58 PM)</div>
Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 27 2005, 04:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5

1)New Zealnand
2)australia
3)south africa
4)france
5)ireland
6)argentena
7)wales
8)england
9)samoa
10)scotland

samoa juss came out from nowhere
1)New Zealnand
2)australia
3)south africa
4)france
5)ireland
6)argentena
7)wales
8)england
9)fiji
10)samoa
11)scotland

-brain freeze.... [/b]
Argentina? 6th? w00t?

1 New Zealand
2 Australia
3 South Africa (**** travellers, bloody tough at home)
4 Ireland
5 France
6 England (and declining a rate of notts)
7 Wales (and climbing at a rate of notts)
8 Argentina
9 Scotland
10 Fiji

1 NZ (of couse hehe)
2 Australia
3 Ireland
4 South Africa
5 Wales
6 France
7 England (from number 1 .. holgies!!!)
8 Argentina
9 Scotland
10 Fiji
11 Italy
12 Samoa

and so on...
i rekon 3 - 6 are very close...

1. New Zealand
2. Australia
3. South Africa
4. Ireland
5. Wales
6. France
7. England
8. Argentina
9. Scotland
10. Fiji

1.NZ
2. Oz
3. SA
4. Ireland
5. England
6. Wales
7. France
8. Argentina
9. Scotland
10. Fiji

I don't entirely agree with the whole "on current form" thing......I still think England deserves to be top 5...They're the side I take most satisfaction in beating (Oz a close second).

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 27 2005, 09:43 PM
1. New Zealand
2. Australia
3. South Africa
4. Ireland
5. Wales
6. France
7. England
8. Argentina
9. Scotland
10. Fiji
Have to agree that his is how it is currently............however maybe Italy should be in 10th.

IT SHOULD BE....

1.AUSTRALIA #93 (better backs + smartest team) rogers,flatley,gerard on bench!!
2.ALL BLACKS #93 (better forwards)
3.SPRINGBOKS #89
4.ENGLAND #88 with best team
5.FRANCE #88
6.IRELAND #86
7.WALES #83
8.SCOTTS #79
9.PUMAS #77
10.FIJI #73

WORLD CLUB TOP 5

1.BRUMBYS #90
2.BLUES #88