• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Teams in the game

D

davidson

" Teams and Tournaments
EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby 06 has even more licensed teams and tournaments, including the Guinness Premiership."

so we get the:

heineken cup
guinness premiership
super 14

but does anybody know if they have the french club license or npc or currie cup or anything else?

also which international and representative teams are there this year? are they guessing the world cup 07 pools or what?

No NPC or Currie cup... don't know why not their the best provincial comps in the world (within the one country)

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 23 2006, 10:06 AM
No NPC or Currie cup... don't know why not their the best provincial comps in the world (within the one country)
The people running the Guinness Premiership and Top 14 may have somthing to say about that!
<

what a stuped comment umosay.
sides like tolouse and leicster would murder teams like auckland.

here we go.

well, if anybody does know, it would be great to find out.

the other thing was, it would be nice to be able to change players on the ba ba and pacific island squads etc.

it seemed stupid that you could not do this in the last edition. so if anyone know that would be cool too.

toulouse would beat auckland but leicester are boring shites ad deserve to loose for that reason alone

Originally posted by richllew@Jan 23 2006, 04:06 PM
toulouse would beat auckland but leicester are boring shites ad deserve to loose for that reason alone
Oooh... Hit a nerve? Leicester don't play boring rugby at all.

They just constantly cheat.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 24 2006, 04:29 AM
WRONG!!!

the comparison you are thinking of is tolouse and leicster would beat the blues... and no, no they wouldnt.

thats the best thing about npc, its not a all star team by any means. they would have a handfull of awesome players but thats it. its about pride, passion, history and tradition. there the pinetree of rugby competitons. sellouts are rare, unlike other comps, where you can just buy a good team.

i would rather watch a good npc game than a good super12 one, and even pusing on a good international.

its like this lora, do you associate yourself with the lions, or the welsh rugby team? if you had to choose between a lions shirt or a welsh one to wear to england vs wales, which would it be? if it were a lions one, you are the most flip flopping fence sitting pansy i know.

I've a feeling Britain might reciprocate that feeling

... maybe even Eire too

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 24 2006, 09:30 AM
why does everyone get personal with me?
i never get personal with anyone.

Don't know lora, I myself must have missed the posts where your supposed to have rubbed people up the wrong way.

Anyway, I still think that the top NPC teams would beat all European teams outside of the top 10. Our Super 14 teams would mop up the rest with a piece of toast!

Fair play to the npc, they really did the business on a British dream team (or whatever the hell i was watching). But ye, tolouse or Leicester wud beat any club team from the south.

Oh and why shud the welsh buy in to the UK. Is there a dragon on the Union Jack?

Hell no!

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 24 2006, 04:29 AM
LMFAO

yeah me too, i agree with ripper

Some of the NPC teams had great battles with the touring lions, a side of 4 nations in 1

cant remember exactly but i think bay of plenty gave the lions a good competitive tussle

if that happens with an NPC team, and the Lions consitently flooged by 30 pts bny the AB's, I reckon a S14 team could very well beat the lions

Hence any domestic EURO team would be flogged by a S14 team, given the above info is correct
I may be asuming too much but i do not recall the Lions sending any NPC team to the cleaners, like the AB's took the Lions on a tour of the own try line, and goal posts every 20 mins or so.

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 24 2006, 01:26 PM
yeah me too, i agree with ripper

Some of the NPC teams had great battles with the touring lions, a side of 4 nations in 1

cant remember exactly but i think bay of plenty gave the lions a good competitive tussle

if that happens with an NPC team, and the Lions consitently flooged by 30 pts bny the AB's, I reckon a S14 team could very well beat the lions

Hence any domestic EURO team would be flogged by a S14 team, given the above info is correct
I may be asuming too much but i do not recall the Lions sending any NPC team to the cleaners, like the AB's took the Lions on a tour of the own try line, and goal posts every 20 mins or so.
only 1 team... against manawatu... but they were a 2nd div team

Latest posts