• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tell us what you think

Not bad, an obvious ***le and description and people can bypass the BS if they want to...

yea i agree to many subforum

when i get back im going to make an outline of what i think would look good..

Originally posted by Dr. Fantomas Jr.@Jul 13 2006, 03:13 AM
and another minor gripe: there are way to many sub-forums... stuff like the entertainment forum could be relegated to off-topic, football to the other sports forum, Union HoF/WoS as a sub-forum viewable once you enter the Union forum, etc. The focus is on Rugby (Union and League) and everything else is periphery... Lessens the clutter...

Like this:

Main Forum: Rugby Union
>Southern Hemi (Tri-Nations, Super 14, NPC)
>Northern Hemi (Six Nations, Premiership, Celtic,etc)
>General Union Chat (World Tours, International)
>Hall of Fame
>Wall of Shame
Main Forum: Rugby League
>Whatever you League guys talk about,like touching young boys and stuff
Main Forum: Rugby Video games
Main Forum: Other Sports
Main Forum: Off Topic
Main Forum: Forum Feedback
Not too sure about this layout to be honest, as we have set out catorgories for Forums in there then underneath that we have another set of sub forums...

The Hall of Fame needs to be a seperate forum, its an area I am desperately trying to get working again... so that we can get some articles posted up and get the section alive with debate... we also had a request for the moments of merit forum and that never took off so rather than just post your post in the thread start a new topic... Talking Balls is meant to be an area for users to post their articles and start debates...

After the success of the World cup I believe it was agreed that football deserved its own forum, but this could go into the Other Sports, along with Cricket really

Theres no point in the Entertainment forum going as a subforum of Offtopic because it will get forgotten about, and people will post stuff in Off Topic rather than the Entertainment Forum, increasing the work for Moderators/Admins....

I am happy about the current layout of the forum.. although may be willing to compromise on some things....

I am drafting things up in excel if anyone has any ideas then PM me or contact me on MSN... I will upload the results of my study laters

i was wondeirng if possibly changing the maximum number of posts and threads that is shown per page to 50, i know its just 10 more posts/threads but it would be nice to see. would make things a little cleaner imo, but i dont know if many other people show 40 posts per thread anyway

I do, I personally don't see why they have the lowest minimum (10) as the default option on every forum I visit. I hate having to wait for the next page to load, when usually all I have read are 10 two or three line posts.

Exactly... but I suppose those Cavemen on their 56K modems don't really have much choice as it would take too long to load 40 posts.

Originally posted by woosaah@Jul 14 2006, 12:32 AM
i was wondeirng if possibly changing the maximum number of posts and threads that is shown per page to 50, i know its just 10 more posts/threads but it would be nice to see. would make things a little cleaner imo, but i dont know if many other people show 40 posts per thread anyway
Currently we show 25 threads in the forum and the 25 posts in the thread

So you would like to up this a bit???

just up the options, 40 just seams like a weird number to have the maximum to, 50 just seams more like a whole number if you get what i mean. you see a thread with like 160 posts and its 4 pages long, where it really only needs to be 3 (well i would like it to be 3) and then you get to see even more ifo in the page.

Its not a big deal, but it may put more of a strain on the server and it may not be ideal in the long run.

Originally posted by woosaah@Jul 14 2006, 07:58 AM
just up the options, 40 just seams like a weird number to have the maximum to, 50 just seams more like a whole number if you get what i mean. you see a thread with like 160 posts and its 4 pages long, where it really only needs to be 3 (well i would like it to be 3) and then you get to see even more ifo in the page.
Is this what you mean... I will give it a go and see how things go...

Also if a thread had a 160 posts and we showed 50 per page it would still be 4 pages ;)

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 14 2006, 05:43 PM
I think it looks better with a shorter amount of posts on one page.
Me too actually.

Somehow feels like you're reading less to get through everything. And with more posts on the page some valid posts can get sort of lost in the middle of everything else.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jul 15 2006, 05:09 AM
some valid posts can get sort of lost in the middle of everything else.
Like all the sigs you'd have to see?

The TRFies,

They are a great idea but the only problem i can see with them, Is that there seems to be the same people getting nominated for everything it needs to have a bit of a mix of people in each award. I am most certainly not complaining as me personally i don't think i deserve to be nominated for any just yet.

But people like Rassie,Neck,Mono Turd,Ripper,gay-guy etc etc have not been up for many there seems to be a few with admins and mod's keep appearing.

I am sorry if it feels like i am picking on a few but i am honestly not.

I think they reflect what happens on the forum, I have been nominated for the one award 'newcomer'. That all I deserve, it is natural that the big posters will be nominated numerous times.

BM

Latest posts