Not open for further replies.

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
With much exciting international rugby this calendar year, what was the game you enjoyed the most, and why? And if that game involved your own country, maybe add your favourite game that didn't.

For me, the ones that come to mind are:

France v Fiji. It was brutal, it was fast, Fiji really played for each other, gave it their all on defence with success defending their line, it was close and exciting, the underdogs won.

Springboks v England, 1st Test of June series. England blew the boks apart early. Some not so great defence, but was still clinical english attack. And then the boks came back. First home test under Rassie and Siya, the boks showed a lot of passion composure, were alert to all opportunities, and showed promise for a Springbok resurgence on the world stage. The boks came form behind to win, and the crowd loved it.

Scotland v England. An England team that had been very dominant for some time at that point. out-passioned, out-played in most departments. Scotland defied belief for every minute of that game; there was always an expectation that they couldn't continue their dominance for teh full 80, that they would drop off at some point, but continue they did. With exciting rugby to boot, they really took it to the English and were comprehensive winners.

I'm going to close this thread if you don't mind, as it's part of the TRF'ies which I just posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts