• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ashes 2010/2011

Wow, absolutely mad last night.

Tonight will be interesting, need to keep a cool head.

317/2 at the close of play. Cook is in the form of his life and Pietersen looking very sharp as well. A good day with the bat tonight and we should have put ourselves into a position where we shouldn't lose the test.

England need to focus, im hoping for a Pietersen 100, man is World Class and I hope he along with Cook get big 100s

I'll admit to knowing very very little about test cricket, but isn't it almost a bad thing to do well when you're batting?
I mean, aren't England at risk of forcing a draw, just because they're taking so long batting, and not allowing all four innings to be played? Or does it not work like that?

There's two full days left after tomorrow. Whilst you can bat too long, if the weather forecasts are clear we should be looking at grinding them into the dirt tonight and finishing the job off over the remaining two days. By bowling them out in just under a day we've given ourselves a huge chance to go for the win.

Weather apparently could save Australia on the last day!

In that case bat until tea, throw them in and introduce them to Sparta.

Sparta heyy ......

THIS_IS_SPARTA_by_DoooM.gif

sirmayihavesparta.jpg

England 449 - 3 at Lunch

Pietersen 158*
Collingwood 40*

Lead of 204 ... simply wow, pitch is starting to turn so England will look to push to 350 by the end of the day I feel and make Australia bat this evening.

Pietersen got a double century. Good to see him back in shape.

Don't want to see England bat today, time is against us with the weather not looking too great. Go get 'em boys, and get the win you deserve.

been falling asleep in front of every ashes day so far and managed to miss almost all the important wickets/ centuries. hopefully we'll declare and get some aussies tumbling in the morning session.

I have a great habit of waking up for the key moments!

********. bell and prior magnificent this morning and then aussie batting well. hmph.

I was hoping to get some sleep after England declared
But the fielders keep screaming for a wicket as soon as I get drowsy, then they bowl a few
Good deliveries which keeps me up

been falling asleep in front of every ashes day so far and managed to miss almost all the important wickets/ centuries. hopefully we'll declare and get some aussies tumbling in the morning session.

I wish I had your 'ablities'
How ironic that my previous post was posted on the delivery that got Ponting

yep, fortunately my exam tomorrow was postponed due to snow so Swann keeping me awake isn't really doing much monday damage.

245 & 291-8 atm for the Aussies
Should be all over soon :D

Edit:
295-9

Double edit:
304 all done :)

Last edited:

Latest posts