Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• Draw

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no, i quite like M.Nicholas and the team. You prefer Bumble and Beefy i presume.

Australia will win, but this is the best England team in my lifetime, and we'll go close.

Originally posted by Symclaw@Apr 22 2005, 09:44 AM
oh no, i quite like M.Nicholas and the team. You prefer Bumble and Beefy i presume.
aye. Bumble is a legend, as is the Beefmeister, and Michael Holding.

Find C4's coverage cheap and poorly done, the ggs get priority on some days!

but they put it on Film 4

I wasn't overly impressed with Sky's coverage of the South African tour, Hussain and Willis are such a pair of miserable *****.

I think that Mark Nicholas does a good job with Channel 4, so does Gower with Sky. Benaud is still a legend though, hope they still do a decent job of the Ashes and not a half assed job since they've lost the rights.

What was the deal with the English Cricket Board trying to ban Ponting's Kahuna? Ridiculous. Besides, Gillespie's beast is way worse.

Originally posted by Symclaw@Apr 23 2005, 01:34 PM
Ponting's who? Enlighten me.
His Kookaburra Kahuna bat I assume.

This year Kookaburra have brought out a load more **** bats, except this time they have these awful stickers down the back, black things with odd art on them.

Some of the bats are called "The Beast" and "Pure Beast" etc...bit of a joke really.

KK05BTKAHRP.jpg
KK05BTTheB.jpg

bloody horrible in my opinion.

Saw in the paper today, Simn Katich has said that Harmison is the best bowler he has ever faced - better than Mac (Glenn MacGrath)

That's a huge statement. Has more pace and bounce. No way is he as consistent though.

By the way, not that anyone cares, England are smashing the Bangladeshi's about at the moment. Waste of time. What the heck are this lot doing playing test cricket?!

Originally posted by woodie@May 27 2005, 11:17 PM
By the way, not that anyone cares, England are smashing the Bangladeshi's about at the moment. Waste of time. What the heck are this lot doing playing test cricket?!
ditto for second "test"

Bangladesh are a joke.

Bring on the Aussies, 20:Twenty, then an ODI series, then the tests. Can't wait.

I hope they give Pieterson a go, at least in the ODI's. Could be interesting to see him on the test scene as well, really attack the Aussie bowling.

Brett Lee bowled the New Zealand captain with the first ball of the tour.

Originally posted by woodie@Apr 8 2005, 10:35 PM
England have their best chance in absolutely ages. We now have quality players right through the team, and if the key men hit form, Harmison and Flintoff in particular then we really do have a chance. The Aussies are favourites but it will be one hell of a series between the top 2 sides in the world at the moment

1 Strauss - prolific first test season last year, cool head and big scores
2 Trescothick - world class if on form, usually very good in England
3 Vaughan - best batsman in the world during the last Ashes series, bit more like that would be nice
4 Pietersen (?) - if he plays he could do some damage, simple as that
5 Thorpe - if the game needs rescuing or winning, he is the man, the number of gutsy, dogged innings he has produced is ridiculous
6 Flintoff - best all rounder in the world, different gravy with bat and ball if he is fit and on form
7 Jones - agile keeper who can't half bat a bit! He is dangerous
8 Giles - last year became a great spin bowler, and has made valuable contributions with the bat
9 Hoggard - when it's swinging there's nobody better, nobody works harder
10 Jones - will want to live up to the promise he showed before the last Ashes where he was badly injured. Can crank it up to 95mph and is dangerous likewise
11 Harmison - 03-04, was the best bowler in the world, pace, bounce and accuracy, and if he bowls like that again he will be a major asset

not in that 11 are some top players like Butcher, Key, Bell, Anderson and Collingwood who can all come in and make a difference.

I really can not wait.
It will be Close till the toss then it will be all over Look at the stats
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005/AU..._AUS-SQUAD.html but it is not played on paper bring it on
pity they havent al ready picked the world XI cause a few poms might have had a chance to make the team

for those in nz it seems we will be getting everything from the twenty/twenty game odis and test live on sky sport. The first match of the tour the twenty/twenty match is live at 4am tuesday on sky sport 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts