Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• Draw

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
England win by 3 wickets, with 3 overs to go. Looked a bit close at one point...and then Pietersen came in and got a cool 91 off 65 balls, taking Gillespie and Kasprowicz to the cleaners in particular.

Gillespie - 10 overs 0 for 66
Kasprowicz - 9 overs 0 for 68

Hogg bowled well. Aussies are a shambles at the moment.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now!

But **** it, it doesn't happen often........................

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Losers!!! (for today, and this week)

hahahahahahahaha

Right now, the Aussies are shite!! - hahahahahaha

And yes............I know it will come back to haunt me, but sod it, just this once!.

If i were an Aussie i would be ****** off, but know deep in their hearts, it will all be ok.
<

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 20 2005, 05:40 AM
England win by 3 wickets, with 3 overs to go. Looked a bit close at one point...and then Pietersen came in and got a cool 91 off 65 balls, taking Gillespie and Kasprowicz to the cleaners in particular.

Gillespie - 10 overs 0 for 66
Kasprowicz - 9 overs 0 for 68

Hogg bowled well. Aussies are a shambles at the moment.
I don't think that's right. Kasper took the third wicket. Inside edge.

Whats going with this Aussie cricket team at the moment? I don't really watch cricket, but how could they go from being the unbeatable to losing to Bangladesh? Do we have players out injured? Whats happened to them?

1 question though, I noticed that the tabloids are giving them quite a serve at the moment in England, but just 2 or 3 years ago when England were still way down on the rankings and got pretty badly hammered in the Ashes tour down here, what were the headlines?

Don't pay any attention to the English media. They're useless. One minute they'll be praising England, the next they'll be criticising them in every way possible.

It's not hard to see why we're struggling at the moment. The boys havn't played top class cricket in two months. They're rusty. They're on this long tour and have just arrived in a foreign country half way around the world. They're not putting in 100% because this series means nothing in the overall picture. This is a warm-up tournament.

Agreed - All the one day games will do is get the Aussies into form
<

Mabye, but having lost so many times to Australia it's nice to win a competitive match for a change.

The big difference this time round is that the English aren't afraid of the Aussies anymore, so it makes for a cracking series. Still think the Aussies will sneak it though.

Yeah the Aussies had that 'air of invincibility' that the All Blacks like to think they have. Certainly far from invincible right now. Bloody awful in fact.

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 21 2005, 06:34 AM
Yeah the Aussies had that 'air of invincibility' that the All Blacks like to think they have. Certainly far from invincible right now. Bloody awful in fact.
We've been the dominant team for over a decade and have held the Ashes for... what? 30 years? Or is that just the Rugby League Ashes? I think it's both.
Anyway, they had to get to a point when their quality would start to wilt, I suppose that time is now. Nevertheless though, you English boys shouldn't celebrate just yet, not one test has even been played, and as far as I can tell 1 dayers and 20/20 matches have never been the best indicators of test level ability.

Yeah the Aussies had that 'air of invincibility' that the All Blacks like to think they have.
What do you mean "like to think they have" with the All Blacks woodie? They don't think they have an air of invicibility! It's you lot in the NH that think that, not Australia or SA! We respect them sure, but it's you guys who've been harping on and on and on about the need for players who have been in teams that have beaten the All Blacks to be playing in this Lions tour... If you didn't think the All Blacks had a hold over the players psychologically, then why would you care if players had been in teams that have victorious against the AB's?

Yeah the Aussies had that 'air of invincibility' that the All Blacks like to think they have.
Well you try and beat us then
<

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 21 2005, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't say we're dying after four losses Sanzar. Lol.
I don't really watch cricket, so I'll trust you on this Wally.
<

Are you watching Aussstraaaayyliiiaaa?

England 391-4 against Bangladesh!

England won by 168 runs, Collingwood with a century and 6 wickets whilst both he and Tremlett (on debut) had hat-trick balls, Tremlett hitting the bails but failing to dislodge them on that 3rd ball!

Collingwood MOTM

_40651442_ashraful_getty200.jpg

Statistically the best ever all round performance in an ODI, sir Viv Richards the only other one to get a 5 for and a ton.

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 22 2005, 05:14 AM
Are you watching Aussstraaaayyliiiaaa?

England 391-4 against Bangladesh!
Oh well we'll have to wait and see won't we woodie. If the Lions consistently medocre performances haven't shaken your faith that they can beat an All Blacks side that looks far superior, then I suppose we shouldn't worry about our cricket team.

England is in the middle of their season, we're starting fresh. A bit of history for you woodie, in '97 we lost every single ODI leading up to the Ashes, the rest is history. In '01 we again had a shakey start in the ODIs, similar to this year, yet we beat those pommy ******** 4-1! Let me tell you this, ODIs are no indication of how a team will go in a Test series. The English media will end up with egg in their face, as always.

P.S. Who's playing tonight / this morning?

Finally, the Aussies are about to win, not before Goughie smacks McGrath about a bit more.

Lee + McGrath did the damage early on with top class bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts