Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wally

Discuss all the hype and build up here.

http://www.ticketsukltd.com/images/newuk/cricket/***leengozashes.jpg

England have been improving, but I just don't see them beating Australia... Our team is simply too resliant at test level, though it will be closer this year.

This will be a great serioes. My grandpa is going to england at the time and has scored tickets to a one-dayer at The Oval and day 3 and 4 at Lords. This will be very close and hoping he gets some photos footage etc. Mcgrath to get into 500 hundred club in this test. Hopefully i can get pick of that. Anyway i'll be watching SBS for all the action. Oz to win.

I think this is the best chance England have of winning the Ashes in a long time.
They are one of the few (or only) teams at the moment that are capable of getting 20 Australian wickets. Also they have players who can score big hundreds.

Im going to put my money where my mouth is and lay $50 on England taking the series.

Originally posted by Serge@Apr 8 2005, 09:51 PM
I think this is the best chance England have of winning the Ashes in a long time.
They are one of the few (or only) teams at the moment that are capable of getting 20 Australian wickets. Also they have players who can score big hundreds.

Im going to put my money where my mouth is and lay $50 on England taking the series.
I still don't see it happening aye... in the last ashes (2 years ago) England were completely thumped! They've taken great strides since then, but they'll still fall short of the final hurdle against Australia.

They'll talk themselves up and everyone in Australia will be expecting it to be really tight but I reckon we'll blow them over. I just think that's how it will play out, I'm generally wrong about these things though
<

England have their best chance in absolutely ages. We now have quality players right through the team, and if the key men hit form, Harmison and Flintoff in particular then we really do have a chance. The Aussies are favourites but it will be one hell of a series between the top 2 sides in the world at the moment

1 Strauss - prolific first test season last year, cool head and big scores
2 Trescothick - world class if on form, usually very good in England
3 Vaughan - best batsman in the world during the last Ashes series, bit more like that would be nice
4 Pietersen (?) - if he plays he could do some damage, simple as that
5 Thorpe - if the game needs rescuing or winning, he is the man, the number of gutsy, dogged innings he has produced is ridiculous
6 Flintoff - best all rounder in the world, different gravy with bat and ball if he is fit and on form
7 Jones - agile keeper who can't half bat a bit! He is dangerous
8 Giles - last year became a great spin bowler, and has made valuable contributions with the bat
9 Hoggard - when it's swinging there's nobody better, nobody works harder
10 Jones - will want to live up to the promise he showed before the last Ashes where he was badly injured. Can crank it up to 95mph and is dangerous likewise
11 Harmison - 03-04, was the best bowler in the world, pace, bounce and accuracy, and if he bowls like that again he will be a major asset

not in that 11 are some top players like Butcher, Key, Bell, Anderson and Collingwood who can all come in and make a difference.

I really can not wait.

What about Harmison this v NZ or SA last year woodie? avg of 73 v SA... he isn't as good as he was in 03/start of 04

Originally posted by woodie@Apr 8 2005, 10:35 PM
England have their best chance in absolutely ages. We now have quality players right through the team, and if the key men hit form, Harmison and Flintoff in particular then we really do have a chance. The Aussies are favourites but it will be one hell of a series between the top 2 sides in the world at the moment

1 Strauss - prolific first test season last year, cool head and big scores
2 Trescothick - world class if on form, usually very good in England
3 Vaughan - best batsman in the world during the last Ashes series, bit more like that would be nice
4 Pietersen (?) - if he plays he could do some damage, simple as that
5 Thorpe - if the game needs rescuing or winning, he is the man, the number of gutsy, dogged innings he has produced is ridiculous
6 Flintoff - best all rounder in the world, different gravy with bat and ball if he is fit and on form
7 Jones - agile keeper who can't half bat a bit! He is dangerous
8 Giles - last year became a great spin bowler, and has made valuable contributions with the bat
9 Hoggard - when it's swinging there's nobody better, nobody works harder
10 Jones - will want to live up to the promise he showed before the last Ashes where he was badly injured. Can crank it up to 95mph and is dangerous likewise
11 Harmison - 03-04, was the best bowler in the world, pace, bounce and accuracy, and if he bowls like that again he will be a major asset

not in that 11 are some top players like Butcher, Key, Bell, Anderson and Collingwood who can all come in and make a difference.

I really can not wait.
Your right woodie, it will be a close and entertaining series for the first time in a very long time, but being from a generation that has never seen an England test team win an Ashes series, I still find it hard to see them actually winning it...

Originally posted by umosay@Apr 8 2005, 11:39 AM
What about Harmison this v NZ or SA last year woodie? avg of 73 v SA... he isn't as good as he was in 03/start of 04
He was only poor vs SA. He blitzed NZ and the Windies, and he'll be back to that form Im sure of it.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Apr 9 2005, 01:05 AM
i hate cricket.........its bloody boring
Cool.

Are you going to any of the games woodie?

haha i made you quote me....lol

i like playing it but watching it.........*yawn*

Originally posted by Wally+Apr 8 2005, 02:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Apr 8 2005, 02:38 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Apr 9 2005, 01:05 AM
i hate cricket.........its bloody boring
Cool.

Are you going to any of the games woodie? [/b]
Im on holiday for the Lords test, and I can't get to the Oval test, so no. But I bloody wish i was.

anyone know about the ticket prices? i hear they're a 'silly billy'.

Originally posted by Symclaw@Apr 12 2005, 04:28 PM
anyone know about the ticket prices? i hear they're a 'silly billy'.
They will be rather expensive, but if you see any one eBay today, buy them coz they will only go up in value closer to the series.

i heard from a respectable(...?) source that they're already int the tonne region.

The ECB have said today that they had to turn down 250 000 applications for tickets, and each ticket could have been sold four times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts