• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best drop goal you've ever seen

Paris, November 1999, Rugby World Cup quarter-final, SA vs England. Cue Jannie De Beer- pick any one of those 5!
[/b]

I love it how nobody whinged about how dull and boring that was! I guess it would have been different had De Beer had a white jersey on! Everyone was all "WOW! SENSATIONAL! INCREDIBLE! HOW EXCITING! ONLY IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE, etc" :bleh!:

Still though, an excellent feat and personally I don't mind because, at the end of the day, whatever wins a game! :cheers:

95 world cup Zinzan Brooke who is a favored right foot kicker, Drop kicks from half way 2wice with his left foot

steyn's was a beaut
but that one that mehrten hit with significance - i don't remember!

not a proffesional player of team in fact not evena senoir level match, u18's league 2006, we were 1 point behind needing a win to win the league 80th minute phil d bulay kicks with his (wrong) left foot hits the post and rebounds over fantastic

95 world cup Zinzan Brooke who is a favored right foot kicker, Drop kicks from half way 2wice with his left foot [/b]

Someone has a youtube link for this drop???

Thanks

Ellisade while playing at La Rochelle against Toulouse.
From the line of 50m, he won the game.

Japanese fly half Richard Miller hit a cracker past the half way line at the last world cup.

95 world cup Zinzan Brooke who is a favored right foot kicker, Drop kicks from half way 2wice with his left foot [/b]
Yeah that's got to be the best I've ever seen too. Zinzan Brook all the way...

how about Matt Dunnings Drop goal when they were supposed to score a try to win and he dropped it almost 40 odd meters. He was delighted but his team mates were ****** at him !!

Sharks vs Western Force Super 14.
Frans Steyn punted a Huge 60meter drop kick

<div class='quotemain'> 95 world cup Zinzan Brooke who is a favored right foot kicker, Drop kicks from half way 2wice with his left foot [/b]
Yeah that's got to be the best I've ever seen too. Zinzan Brook all the way... [/b][/quote]

i think i'll go for that one too ... and considering its a number 8 for 40m in the semi final of the wc ... he's mad !!!

Larkham (99' WC Semifinals)
Wilkinson (03' WC Final) [/b]

well for me wilko's drop was the 2nd most important in rugby history but not the most spectacular ....

Zinzan all the way !!!!! :cheers:

Zinzan Brooke in the 1995 RWC. Watching a no. 8 slotting one from 50 meters out is just spectacular.

Latest posts