• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best FPS of all time?

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
waht is to yous the best First People Shooting game of the all times ?

Pesonally, I am very liking the Doom, especially the 2. Gameplay magnificent like the young-but-barely-legal vaginas, and the art is very art. Very great atmosphere.

But I think also the Quake 3 Arena is classic game. I played this one so many hours, that I cannot remember the number of hours of playing the game that I played it, I played so many hours.

But also Wolf3D, extreme simple, but like Tetris too simple but addicting, like the crack drogue. They say is not age well, I differ to beggging.

Then many other gzmes of course, too many to name here, well not really but just too lazy - so number 1 for me is the Doom 2. Because so original, age very very best even today in 2014, music levels weapons gameplay in general and atmosphere very great, like odd horror universe but not too strange either. Difficulty just right.
Surely even great high mind Stephen Hawking would play if he is not so tired every time on his chair, even too lazy to speak use American accent computer to do that for him.

Counter Strike. Now then, let's all move on, shall we?

Crysis was absolutely fantastic, last couple of chapters weren't quite as good as the rest of the game but it was just so awesome, the openess of the levels yet combined with a great plot that didn't lose focus, and the graphics hold up damn well quite a ways later as well.

Other ones, Half Life 2 was really good but I felt it lacked variety in types of enemies you fought. Dark Forces 2 was great in it's day but hasn't aged very well.

Lot's of Counter Strike love anyone have some other primarily SP ***les? I love the MP ones(Team Fortress 2 is lot's of fun too) as well but they aren't exactly spectacular acheivements in terms of new tech, plotlines, game design or gameplay devices.

I'm trying to think of one that really stands out, but I'm struggling a bit.
Even Unreal Tournament, which I was absolutely obsessed with, I wouldn't really class as singleplayer, as the SP was just multiplayer with bots.

Actually:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was outstanding, though. Story, gameplay, the whole shebang. Was quite fresh at the time, as well, as most FPS games were either sci-fi or WW2.
Medal of Honour: Allied Assault and the original Call of Duty, as well - felt like playing through Saving Private Ryan and Enemy At The Gates at times.

ahh I see someone has altered my ***le...I like that we're a pedagogical forum. But it's "best FPS of ever time !!!"...
wow ok, no old school 90's FPS lovers here, ey ?...

Unreal Tournament was really cool, agreed. The one that first introduced "Capture the Flag", omg so much fun.

Anybody a fan of Blood here ? Caleb and his horror classics quotes ? pretty amazing game, just way too hard, had to play in lowest difficulty...

I'm trying to think of one that really stands out, but I'm struggling a bit.
Even Unreal Tournament, which I was absolutely obsessed with, I wouldn't really class as singleplayer, as the SP was just multiplayer with bots.

Actually:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was outstanding, though. Story, gameplay, the whole shebang. Was quite fresh at the time, as well, as most FPS games were either sci-fi or WW2.
Medal of Honour: Allied Assault and the original Call of Duty, as well - felt like playing through Saving Private Ryan and Enemy At The Gates at times.

MW & MW2 were both outstanding. It's a shame that they ruined the credibility of the series by trying to milk it for everything it was worth. That and the 13 year olds. Who knew mother Feicarsinn was such a whore?

Halo 2 was also excellent.

still play Wolf3D and Spear of Destiny on my mac...finished them both like 10 times each last summer. Addictive.

ahh I see someone has altered my ***le...I like that we're a pedagogical forum. But it's "best FPS of ever time !!!"...
wow ok, no old school 90's FPS lovers here, ey ?...

Unreal Tournament was really cool, agreed. The one that first introduced "Capture the Flag", omg so much fun.

Anybody a fan of Blood here ? Caleb and his horror classics quotes ? pretty amazing game, just way too hard, had to play in lowest difficulty...

That was me, LOL. At first I didn't even notice that I just changed the misspelling of "the" and moved up the question mark, I cold change all to ever if you truly wish it Ewis.

That was me, LOL. At first I didn't even notice that I just changed the misspelling of "the" and moved up the question mark, I cold change all to ever if you truly wish it Ewis.

let it be, LittleGuy. My unique poetry will always be censored by the many who do not understand, and therefor fear what they don't understand, which they in turn, fear. So keep the change you've made, everything is as it should be.
Thank you for your concern though. Here, have this random vampire::vampire:

Latest posts