• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the best kicker

This is easy, Chris Paterson... although currently Monty is very close Paterson is more consistent.

I would go

1-Paterson
2-Montgomery
3-Little
4-Wilkinson
5-Carter

For Distance Kicking i would one keep only one of those previously mentioned names.

1. Francois Steyn (Spring Boks)
2. Daniel Carter (AB)

It would be awesome to see the two of them battle for distance place kicking in the tri-nations next year!!
Two years ago i remember Carter kicking a 62m penalty during a tri-nations match & easily getting the 3 points.
If Steyn Gets proper kicking technique training then maybe he would be able to better that kick.
A 62m converted place kick is the longest i have ever seen!!

For Distance Kicking i would one keep only one of those previously mentioned names.

1. Francois Steyn (Spring Boks)
2. Daniel Carter (AB)

It would be awesome to see the two of them battle for distance place kicking in the tri-nations next year!!
Two years ago i remember Carter kicking a 62m penalty during a tri-nations match & easily getting the 3 points.
If Steyn Gets proper kicking technique training then maybe he would be able to better that kick.
A 62m converted place kick is the longest i have ever seen!! [/b]

Mind you the kick did take place in South Africa (the high altitude is it?) so really it would have been about abit over 50m NZ (im estimating).

Don Clark was it? who consistently sloted 60m+ place kicks with ease. So i vote for Don 'the boot' Clark

Depends what you want in a kicker, if we are talking about getting the kicks over then there is only one guy.....me!haha

No..
1. Patterson
2. Larkham (not sure how you spell it)
3. Wilkinson
4. Carter

Contempomi from Argentine... Is a nice Kicker... I think that (and Obviously i am from Argentine lol)... Is not the best Kicker but is a Good Kicker... Bye

Depends what you want in a kicker, if we are talking about getting the kicks over then there is only one guy.....me!haha

No..
1. Patterson
2. Larkham (not sure how you spell it)
3. Wilkinson
4. Carter
[/b]

Larkham is NOT a goal kicker, yet he's your no.2?

I know he is NOT a goal kicker,my bad. But that 45 meter drop goal against SA wasn't bad.was it?so he mustn't be a bad kicker!In my opinion he has been one of the best players rugby has ever seen play the game.

And yeah Teh Mite why not Wilkinson?

That reminds of a story of one of the guys at my club who back when he was a player could slot a drop goal right from the kick off. This was in high school rugby so we're talking a 17 yeard ol with the leg to slot a 50 m drop with ease. I don't think it ever counted, but it's fairly demoralizing for the other team. just thought seeing as we're on the topic of impressive kickers i'd mention it, I don't think he ever played international but still pretty ridiculous.

Also, Dan Carter has scored one of the most impressive conversion kicks I have ever seen in the Super 14, laying the ball down on its belly on the tee, he kicked fairly off to the side of the posts and let the strong wind just carry it in, just brilliant.

I know he is NOT a goal kicker,my bad. But that 45 meter drop goal against SA wasn't bad.was it?so he mustn't be a bad kicker!In my opinion he has been one of the best players rugby has ever seen play the game.

And yeah Teh Mite why not Wilkinson?
[/b]

Lol, yeah fair game. You were talking about goal kickers specifically. But yeah Larkham, as yousay he is an awesome all round kicker.

And yeah Teh Mite why not Wilkinson? [/b]

Because he's not a special as everyone thinks; Count how many times Newcastle have lost because he cocked up a late kick... I'm out of fingers.

He was always overhyped as a goal kicker (and frankly, since 2002, as a player). Look at the pap ITV attempted to create about him this year during the world cup.

<div class='quotemain'>And yeah Teh Mite why not Wilkinson? [/b]

Because he's not a special as everyone thinks; Count how many times Newcastle have lost because he cocked up a late kick... I'm out of fingers.

He was always overhyped as a goal kicker (and frankly, since 2002, as a player). Look at the pap ITV attempted to create about him this year during the world cup.
[/b][/quote]

Great to see you can offer an impartial opinion on a player from your country. :bravo:

I know he has never been the player he was since winning the world cup but look at the stats of his kicking and see how well Newcastle and ENGLAND do with/without him. He is one of the great fly halfs in every way in my opinion. You won't agree with me probably but im not going to argue with you about it.

wilko is the best one. Spectacular and effective. Even he is playing with my sister (she is 12 years old) he can win the match.

Latest posts