• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Big Ewis Modern Art Gallery

I'm glad you find it to your liking. As for the composition process, I've little memory of what I've actually done. As the spirit of divine artistic creativity fills me, I enter a semi-perverse, semi-righteous trans during which I'm only very vaguely conscious. I may have in fact worked on more than one computer doing this, not just my own, and may have been wearing different clothes throughout the process. The subconscious impulse must be obeyed unconditionally for true, purposeful and untamed art, and with near-holy respect.

Was all this before or after the bottle of Cognac Martell Cordon Bleu.................?

Was all this before or after the bottle of Cognac Martell Cordon Bleu.................?

hmpf...please Tony, don't play naive with me...this was clearly before. You know very well the things I can do after...

beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like you to ponder a little bit about the abstract yet profound meaning behind (and in front of, also) this one before giving the ***le away. The protagonist depicted is Morgan Parra, the French Rugby player.

Morgan Parra-Dies.jpg

This piece represents metaphorically the passage from breath to inertia, activity to slumber, life to..death. It takes place in a realistic setting, whilst symbolizing a much more mythological and outstandingly supernatural belief; folkloric some could say. It takes its inspiration in Judea-Christian ethics, specifically through an eschatological scope. Some could interpret this piece by calling it immoral and far too revealing and explicit of the hedonistic nature of the human being, as it depicts a landscape one could associate with fleshly desire and earthly pleasure; Perdition, in one word.
Well art; especially when this evocative, thought-provoking and downright soul-shaking; will always be subject to heated debates and lively agitation. Notwithstanding, this piece is called Morgan Parra Dies.

Tame, I expected better.

expect not better from what the artist provides, but rather from your own growing sense of perspective; not from the image bestowed upon you, but rather your own vista...because understanding a work of art.....*defiantly looks away into the bleak horizon and takes drag on Gauloises cigarette*...is really understanding one's self..*strokes lock of hair back*

Ewis where is your latest art ? we need to be updated on your skills

Ewis where is your latest art ? we need to be updated on your skills

A just inquiry. I'm currently working on two maybe 3 huge compilations surrounding the theme of 2000's France Rugby. Such is what draws my creative juices towards lately. Maybe I'll get back to more classic Big Ewis artistic expression soon...who knows..I don't know.

^ very, very ugly...but what the heck, this IS a modern art gallery.

Godzilla v Lomu.

The battle of the ages.
lomu-vs-godzilla_zps0d3ad2af.png~original

Cognac-Generic-2.jpg

Some Cognac picture ad I borrowed for the greater good, art.
An accent on the deep scarlet color of the object in the foreground, and the background made into a stale entity, minimalistic black and white and frozen in time, cold and unfeeling. The object in the foreground made protagonist, life-breathing - forever warm again. An individual whose difference is marked by the striking color nuances of that dark, almost wood-like red. Points on the protagonist surface accented to bear the traits of a face, a smiling face, and a peaceful, relaxed smile; with the inanimate, lifeless background transpiring through his transparent frame - anodyne. It is a peculiar breed of personification that sees this 'protagonist' a token of the gay temperament and many carnal pleasures what 'it is' procures to a man. A striking piece and concept that reevaluates the angle of marketing semiotics and anticipative pre-representation: what is the product we sell ? What is the product the consumers will savor ? Beyond the mere product - What is - the product ?
As it is a thought of too great a magnitude, from which springs a host of notions and perspectives, I wouldn't dare call it anything. It would be pretentious.

Last edited:

Latest posts