• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Big Fight

G

gjohn85

I stayed up the early hours this morning to watch Joe Calzaghe humiliate Jeff Lacy. I did record the match for my old man & my brother.

Joe was excellent, he is unbelivably quick & he maintained it theough out the match.

Here is ITV's article of the fight

51315.jpg

I stayed up for it n'all (meaning I was in the pub until 5am)! Calzaghe easily put in the most clynical displays I've ever seen, although I was wondering after the 6th why the fight wasn't stopped.

i stayed in my pub till the end too - great fight - but it should have been stopped - it was cruel.

Yah i stayed up for it. Joe should have really gone for the KO in the later rounds, he probably would have got it if he hadn't reinjured his left hand. That Alexander - McDonagh fight on the undercard was the worst thing i have ever seen. Frank warren should have just stepped in and called it off, it was embarrassingly bad.

joe should now get the credit he deserves as he is the best fighter in the uk by a country mile.

how can amhir kahn be considered as good as an undefeated champion of 9 years who have just unified two belts - kahn has had a bout 5 fights against mickey mouse opponents.

What do you guys think of my custom sig I just created??

I love it........ok It may not meet the DC13 standards but I gave my best shot.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Mar 5 2006, 10:59 PM

- Never alter the size of a PSD; it always looks bad.

- Try blending the PSD into the BG using a shadow other effects.

- Maybe consider an action shot in the BG; it's too plain.

- Put some effects on the text. And Times New Roman is always dull

Overall, it's not a bad effort for somone who never doues any GFX, but it can be a lot better. ;)

I'll give it a generous 4/10

Some useful websites for you;

http://www.good-tutorials.com - Loads of photoshop tutorials.

http://www.dafont.com - Millions of free fonts.

It was my first attempt of creating a sig. Iam a newbie at this.

Thanks for the advice & links Teh Mite

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Mar 5 2006, 11:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Mar 5 2006, 10:59 PM

- Never alter the size of a PSD; it always looks bad.

- Try blending the PSD into the BG using a shadow other effects.

- Maybe consider an action shot in the BG; it's too plain.

- Put some effects on the text. And Times New Roman is always dull

Overall, it's not a bad effort for somone who never doues any GFX, but it can be a lot better. ;)

I'll give it a generous 4/10

Some useful websites for you;

http://www.good-tutorials.com - Loads of photoshop tutorials.

http://www.dafont.com - Millions of free fonts. [/b]
Took your advice & had a more of a detailed go. (see sig) Couldn't get a good enough action shot, well I would of had to remove the other fighter, Far too complex for me!

So I created one in a simular style, but better looking.

Still far away to what yourself & others can create, but again, I'm proud of it.

I just read in the South Wales Echo that ITV Wales didn't show the Highlights of the Calzaghe vs Lacy at 11.25am on Monday. They had Football show Soccer Sunday instead.

Aparently for those (in Wales) who didn't stay up to watch it, will have to wait until wednesday to show the highlights of the fight.

apparently joe may step up to light heavyweight if he can get a fight with tarver or roy jones jnr

If he steps in the ring with Tarver he'll leave on a stretcher....... bad move.

Pesonally i'd like him to stay at 168 lbs and go for either the WBC or WBA ***les held by Beyer and Kessler, that way theres a chance Danny Green or Anthony Mundine will get a fight with him :D .

But if he stays a super middleweight then he'll never get a fight in Vegas........
Kessler (danish)
Beyer (german)
Green (aussie)
Mundine (aussie)

There has to be at least one good American or Mexican boxing to put on a big Vegas fight.......... unless the two best heavyweights in the world are foriegn(rare

if green or mundine step in the ring with joe - theyll be leaving on a stretcher

Latest posts