• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Big Prediction Poll

I gave Clermont the nod.

These guys have got an awesome coaching team and some great off-season signings. I think they'll be a big improvement from last season (which wasn't so bad anyway!). I also think they've got a personal point to prove in many ways, as Stade Francais and Stade Toulouse both get the wraps when it comes to French super clubs. It's a bit of a hunch, but I'd like to see some fresh jersey colours come finals time.

After week one though, there's more proof that it's gunna be a cracker of a comp! Have to say Gloucester opening 25mins was some absolutely sexual rugby !! [/b]

To really fancy Glos for the cup i'd have to see them play great against a top pack. It's much easier to play sexy rugby when the forwards are on top.

Munster, waow you can never predict them... If they realy realy want to lift the cup, they defo will.

Munster, waow you can never predict them... If they realy realy want to lift the cup, they defo will. [/b]

they really really want it every year. twice they've been the best side in Europe, but O'Gara failed them at the first attempt. I'm unsure whether they've got the class to win it this year. we will see.

Wasps buggered up both their Clermont matches - looks like a talented backline has been smoking something odd and giving away points just when they can't afford to. Not a HEC winning mentality. Clermont may take the whole competition, but they'll have to do serious damage to Munster, which is iffy.

I guess a French team is favourite, but which one?

Cardiff may have what it takes.

So I'll vote for ... Munster.

i'd love to see london irish get into the final if they keep up the standard they were playing at before yesterday then we could do it

otherwise toulouse ftw (y)

Who'd have thought Gloucester would do so well? Surely they are a contender for the cup now

Who'd have thought Gloucester would do so well? Surely they are a contender for the cup now
[/b]

We are in a great position at the moment and have a very talented side and squad but we will only know when we play one of the big boys (Clermont, Toulouse etc) :)

Since Stade have literally bombed out of the tournament, it's Toulouse for me. Or Cardiff, I'd like to see them make the final!

Since Stade have literally bombed out of the tournament, it's Toulouse for me. Or Cardiff, I'd like to see them make the final! [/b]

Toulouse look good imo. they're cantering at the moment. No big perfromance as yet.

Probably at the moment its ..

1-Toulouse
2-Gloucester
3-Wasps- but its hardly guranteed they will get through in the "group of death"

its all about a home draw in the Qs. There are never many away wins in the knockout stages so get a home draw and you are nearly there at the holy grail. To be honest I just cant see Gloucester winning the cup this year. We have got to be the biggest chokers in rugby as we are great in all the rounds exept the finals.

its all about a home draw in the Qs. There are never many away wins in the knockout stages so get a home draw and you are nearly there at the holy grail. To be honest I just cant see Gloucester winning the cup this year. We have got to be the biggest chokers in rugby as we are great in all the rounds exept the finals.
[/b]

Good point, was it 5 years ago they finished top of the Premiership by a country mile but lost to Wasps in the final?! anyway that was a long time ago, they are an entertaining side but when they come up against the more controlling sides with bigger packs they might struggle. Until then they are looking good.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Good point, was it 5 years ago they finished top of the Premiership by a country mile but lost to Wasps in the final?! anyway that was a long time ago, they are an entertaining side but when they come up against the more controlling sides with bigger packs they might struggle. Until then they are looking good.
[/b][/quote]

If anyone can f*** it up its Gloucester. The only time we have performed in a final in the last twenty years was against Northampton in the League cup and they are bigger under achievers than us. Talent wise we are as good as anyone. Mentally I reserve judgement, unfortunatly.

I think we're forgetting saracens.

Top of their hec group, semi's of anglo-welsh and currently sitting in 3rd place in premiership.

I reckon they have a chance of at least the semi's, maybe even final.

<div class='quotemain'> Since Stade have literally bombed out of the tournament, it's Toulouse for me. Or Cardiff, I'd like to see them make the final! [/b]

Toulouse look good imo. they're cantering at the moment. No big perfromance as yet.
[/b][/quote]
I think the job they did over Leinster could be considered 'impressive' after that team shocked Leicester the week before. To get the losing BP against Leicester at Welford Road isn't an easy thing to do, and they beat them in terms of points in their two games 5 - 4. The game against Leinster in Ireland could define Toulouse's season in Europe, and I think Toulouse will win, unless Leinster show up on the day.

Latest posts