• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Chappel/Hadlee

B

BokMagic

Starts on Tuesday- well, sort of anyway, with a 20/20 slog-and-giggle.

Can`t believe this thread hasn`t been started yet, so here it is. NZ are the defending champions, while Aus are the current CWC holders and top-rated team. Let the banter begin gents!

yeah I probably would have been on this had I been back home but not much cricket doing in France and the only stuff I do get to see is from India and Pakistan.

Should be an interesting series, as it usually is between these 2 sides.

Is Ponting just sitting out the Twenty20 or is he missing the entire series?

Him and Hayden just resting the 20-20. We should step up as we always do for Oz, but not holding my breath here...

Hayden and Ponting having a rest will make it a bit more of a contest.

Hopefully there'll be fireworks from Roy and Gilly!!!!!!!

Im guessing NZ being NZ will give us a bloody good run for our money though. Time will tell I suppose. We'll have a result in a little under 4 hours.

Without Oram, NZ would have been completely embarrassing.

Symonds is the best fielder on earth and a bloody good batsman. He is God.

I'm certainly looking forward to the one dayers!!!

Shaun Tait is talking it up more than any Aussie I've ever seen. He now thinks he's god 'cos of a quick 4 over spell. Can't wait to see Vincent (aka the Walking Chin) smack him like the ***** he is (note sarcasm).

So long as we are chasing in every game (no matter what the score, our bowling won't do this any justice) I think we can win, we are the worst team ever to post a score and defend it. We need our top order to stay in tact for once so Jake has a platform to cause damage. As for the bowling, god help us... we'll be torn a new asshole by Gilchrist, Hayden, Clarke, Ponttiiinnngggg....... Symondsss........ god, the list goes on.

We will reclaim the trophy. :)

Kiwis will put a fight up dont be fooled or get complacent otherwise we could be in deep ****. :(

But if we arent half-arsed in our attempts to win we will win. :D

We will reclaim the trophy. :)

Kiwis will put a fight up dont be fooled or get complacent otherwise we could be in deep ****. :(

But if we arent half-arsed in our attempts to win we will win. :D
[/b]

Really? Sheesh, they're stern words... I was thinking more along the lines of a 3 nil thumping, no issues raised kinda thing.

Quite a decent total posted by the Kiwis, 7/254 with McCullum getting 96 and Taylor 50 both at a run-a-ball (give or take).

Now the test, can we defend this total on a very good Adelaide pitch with a very modest bowling attack? I'm not so hopeful looking at this Australian batting line up.

We are doing pretty well.
[/b]

Yeah wasn't a bad start, but I'm never convinced even at 3/90 odd. Ponting was a beast again with his 2nd successive century which took them to 282.

These are the games we can win, chasing down a reasonable total against the Aussies seems to be our specialty. Thank god the walking chin isn't playing, but we're still stuck with a **** house line up including Hopkins and Sinclair.

freaking hell wtf was how doing opening. no way if your going to take vincent out open with sinclair.

doesnt help that i am totally tarshhed after a work lunch.

its 5pm and i am lookin at scoring a ride home with my boss jsut so i can watch then end of the cricket.

Oooo damn and theres another series win for Australia.

From a NZ perspective, how do you think Vettori has settled in to captaincy?

Oooo damn and theres another series win for Australia.

From a NZ perspective, how do you think Vettori has settled in to captaincy?
[/b]

He's spineless. He's always deflecting the bullshit Bracewell is creating and looks like an idiot in the process, he's not aggressive enough and not a good decision maker. ie, I think he's ********.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty f***ing dumb in the first game where they came back on after rain delay and he was disputing about playing again, when the only possible outcome if he won the dispute is that they lost and Australia won as a result of that system thingy. It was pretty much a waste of 10mins in which his team may have got a wicket or two.

Latest posts