• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Day The Rugby Died

I reckon without jason robinson the back line will have some trouble coping in the first couple of international matches but if they have been selected for england you would hope that they can at least give a good game, Ill agree that there have been some horrible decisions in selecting the new revamped squad

It will be interesting to see who from this squad is still playing for England when the autumn tours come around by Sth Africa, Australia and NZ. Methinks not too many...

It will be interesting to see who from this squad is still playing for England when the autumn tours come around by Sth Africa, Australia and NZ. Methinks not too many...
[/b]

If Ashton stays in charge then probably most of them....

<div class='quotemain'>
Vainikolo has always been overrated.

I remember years ago when he first burst on to the Rugby League international scene for NZ and he was being heralded as the next Jonah Lomu and whatever else. HE ENDED UP BEING A USELESS LUMP! He had a couple of shining seasons in ESL and thats all.
[/b]

135 tries in 139 appearances for Bradford Bulls
12 tries in 15 tests for New Zealand
9 tries in 8 appearances for Gloucester
Vainikolo is overrated???????? :wall: [/b][/quote]

Bringing up his stat's from Rugby League is stupid. Henry Paul was a big league star as well... how did that turn out again?

And did you ever watch him in League? He was the defination of average in the NRL and did stuff all whenever he wasn't too fat to play for the Kiwi's. Carving up the ESL is nothing to be proud of, average NRL players who struggled to start for their club's go over all the time and suddenly become superstars over there.

Jamie Lyon was the second coming of Jesus in the ESL, but when he rocked up the NRL he was the most overated player in the League.

For a man who LOVES arguing with stats that all seemed a little contradictory there, Ripper.

I couldn't call Vainakolo a useless lump at all.
He was dangerous and more to the point he scored the tries. What more do you want from your winger than him to defend well and finish well?

And bringing up stat's from a different sport isn't?

And if you had ever seen him woddle around for the Kiwi's or do nothing against non-substandard teams in the NRL you'd know he was the perfect example of an overated player in League.

And bringing up stat's from a different sport isn't?

And if you had ever seen him woddle around for the Kiwi's or do nothing against non-substandard teams in the NRL you'd know he was the perfect example of an overated player in League.
[/b]

because ripper - if we all belived that league turned union players were to have there abilities transfered, lavea would be a god.

I know I'm late for the party here, but just to throw a wrench into the mix: if the ELV's are fully adopted going forward, which I believe they will, how will they affect the selection policies? How would they change yours?

Coaches will select one dimensional players for a one dimensional squad?

If so, Andy Robinson has suddenly become the worlds best coach.

Latest posts