• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The EDF Energy Cup is upon us!

Semi Finals:

Leicester Tigers v London Wasps

Ospreys v Saracens.

So...it'll be an Ospreys v Tigers final again? I wouldn't fancy picking Wasps or Tigers in their game, that should be quite good.
[/b]

I don't know, the Hairsprays wern't exactly that hot against 'Quins yesterday. The Gaffer (Alan Gaffney) really picked a team that could just about handle Scarlets and almost got his fingers burned for it...not that I'd know considering that the BBC coverage barely acknowledged that there was another team at Stradley Park on Saturday afternoon other than Scarlets. However, for the Semi-Final I think he might just name his strongest side. It all depends on how well Saracens do in the HEC. If we're through home & dry to the knock outs then say bye bye to any chance of a serious squad to play the Hairsprays in April.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that its going to be a Tigers - Saracens final, but only if Gordon Ross & Glenn Jackson have their kicking boots on and Census Johnston plays at center. The way he destroyed the Scarlet's backline was beautiful :lol:

Speaking of the "brilliant" back play, I would say that most of the time Scarlets were laterally passing to nowhere and Saracens were too busy digging their way to China. There were some alright tries but each try that the Scarlets scored could have easily have been fouled up by sloppy play by thheir backs!

<div class='quotemain'>
Semi Finals:

Leicester Tigers v London Wasps

Ospreys v Saracens.

So...it'll be an Ospreys v Tigers final again? I wouldn't fancy picking Wasps or Tigers in their game, that should be quite good.
[/b]

I don't know, the Hairsprays wern't exactly that hot against 'Quins yesterday. The Gaffer (Alan Gaffney) really picked a team that could just about handle Scarlets and almost got his fingers burned for it...not that I'd know considering that the BBC coverage barely acknowledged that there was another team at Stradley Park on Saturday afternoon other than Scarlets. However, for the Semi-Final I think he might just name his strongest side. It all depends on how well Saracens do in the HEC. If we're through home & dry to the knock outs then say bye bye to any chance of a serious squad to play the Hairsprays in April.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that its going to be a Tigers - Saracens final, but only if Gordon Ross & Glenn Jackson have their kicking boots on and Census Johnston plays at center. The way he destroyed the Scarlet's backline was beautiful :lol:

Speaking of the "brilliant" back play, I would say that most of the time Scarlets were laterally passing to nowhere and Saracens were too busy digging their way to China. There were some alright tries but each try that the Scarlets scored could have easily have been fouled up by sloppy play by thheir backs! [/b][/quote]

I've never seen coverage on the BBC that didn't heavily favour the Welsh sides over the English. seems to be the way it is.I can't believe its Tigers v Wasps AGAIN. We always beat them untill it's a knockout competition.

The BBC couldn't care less about rugby, there far more interested in sports with stupid shaped balls.

the bbc just support entertaining rugby ;) [/b]

Indeed, the way that the BBC just couldn't stop going on about how Census Johnston cut to ribbons the Scarlets back line prooves this! :lol:

Wake up sunshine, the BBC are playing you and the Welsh nation for fools. Mark my words, the luvvies at Television Center HQ in London would like nothing better than to bin Scrum V and the Magners League coverage and spend the money on Jonothan Ross or Match of the Day.

Ospreys should breeze through to the final. [/b]

Not likely Matt, Ospreys are going to have a nasty surprise when they arrive at the Millenium Stadium.....

...because Chris Chesney will have taken a huge stinking dump in the toilets of the Ospreys changing room beforehand :D

Latest posts