• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The English Rugby Stadium/Attendance thread

QPR are looking to build a new stadium on Wormwood Scrubs as part of a massive new development.

They can't do that......my son would have nowhere to allow his dog to run free...................

Last edited:
Not in the park itself... that's protected.

There is a big industrial/brownfield site immediately north of it that is going to be massively developed in the next few years.

BwWctT1IAAAUmd2.jpg

Absolute ******** if true.

It'd be nice to have another club within a reasonable distance of me......however, have they ever been to Cov?
It's a f'cking dive.

They'd also struggle to bring in new home support as they're within like half hour of Leicester/Northampton, two of the strongest supported clubs in the country.

In the nicest possible way, I hope the club implodes entirely if they do that.

Couldn't agree more, Peat.

Let's just hope this is all speculation based on Land Rover (apparently new sponsors) wanting them to play a couple of games up that way whilst they get their own stadium inside the m25 sorted.

Last edited:
Doubt it will happen. Midlanders already have there teams now, and with both clubs going strong not many would move.

Prob a tactic to get new planning.

Re leicester are expanding the club house area by 2,500 seats and creating more office space for staff. Also wanting to move from Oval Park.

I think I heard that they had put in new plans for the rennovations of the rest of the stands? (different from the ones posted above)
And that they might be going ahead in the next year or two.

Heard anything about that?

We are going to be expanding to 25,600 by 2015/16. Cohen confirmed this.

Also the plans you posted were approved and it's just time to develop them that the 30,000 stadium.

Got to hand to Leicester council is not like they have much room around the stadium but they haven't given the grief some other counsils are giving.

Certainly love the design of it.

I heard that the plans were changed though - the design wont look like that, I heard.

Yeah, I know they've got permission - but I've heard the design of the currently unbuilt stands has changed since the original design.
That press release is 6 years old - I'd be surprised if the design hadn't changed at all.

A not exactly reassuring statement from Wasps:

31 August 2014 - Wasps are aware of media reports in recent days linking the Club to a number of possible new stadiums.

Wasps has made no secret of a desire to find a permanent home which reflects the ambitions of the Club. We can confirm the search for a permanent home is continuing. However, all discussions are subject to confidentiality requirements and are therefore commercially sensitive; as such they have to remain confidential for the time being and we cannot make any further comment.

We appreciate speculation may be unsettling for our supporters and assure them we are working hard behind the scenes to secure the long-term success of the Club and finding a new home we can all be proud of.

No attempt at all to reassure fans that they intend to remain anywhere near London.
That's pretty telling IMO.

Think I've seen someone on twitter just suggest that they might be looking at Maidenhead RFC's ground.

Last edited:
Sandy Park's latest round of upgrades are nearly done, with a week or so to go before their first game.

10600353_712911255429455_3818423661253187103_n.jpg

10650056_712911308762783_7755574651666836317_n.jpg

Gonna be a great place when it's fully done!
I have a feeling that terrace is going to produce a lot of volume.

The expanded Rec is going back up too.

Bwmt2VOIMAAQEGp.jpg:large

Last edited:
Yeah, I know they've got permission - but I've heard the design of the currently unbuilt stands has changed since the original design.
That press release is 6 years old - I'd be surprised if the design hadn't changed at all.

A not exactly reassuring statement from Wasps:

No attempt at all to reassure fans that they intend to remain anywhere near London.
That's pretty telling IMO.

Think I've seen someone on twitter just suggest that they might be looking at Maidenhead RFC's ground.

I'd doubt that tbh, Maidenhead's ground has, if I recall correctly only one very small stand and hardly any room for parking and infrastructure. Its also hemmed in by the main A road into the town which is next to the club. There would have to be a huge amount of work put in for a site that probably can't accommodate that many people and which is very close of London Irish's catchment*.

Wasps do have some links to Maidenhead RFC so I guess it isn't impossible.

Regardless, that statement is pretty worrying.

(*I don't have some rain man like knowledge of lower tier clubs around London, I just used to play for Windsor RFC as a colt and remember fondly my many away days to go and teach the dirty, uncivilised Maidenheaders a thing or two about rugby.)

I'd certainly hope it isn't true. Doesn't seem likely, but there we go, I may have misinterpreted what the person said entirely.

I can't really put into words how happy I would be if they announced they planned to play somewhere in London.

I'd certainly hope it isn't true. Doesn't seem likely, but there we go, I may have misinterpreted what the person said entirely.

I can't really put into words how happy I would be if they announced they planned to play somewhere in London.

Agreed. My first live rugby matches were Wasps at Loftus Road, some of my earliest memories of the sport actually. If they do go up to the midlands they should get the full MK Dons treatment.

The rumour mill is whirring - supposedly Wasps have bought/are in the process of buying the Ricoh!

I really hope this is just irresponsible/erroneous journalism. There are going to be a lot of angry people (not just Wasps fans) if this turns out to be true.

Last edited:
The rumour mill is whirring - supposedly Wasps have bought/are in the process of buying the Ricoh!

I really hope this is just irresponsible/erroneous journalism. There are going to be a lot of angry people (not just Wasps fans) if this turns out to be true.

Please, no.

Where these rumours coming from?

Latest posts