• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The "FA" Cup

Yeah It was terrible, I thought I was watching my mob (CAFC) play. The Championship Playoff can't do any worse than that. I really wanted United to win im sick of that schmuck Mourinho.

By any chance did you catch Yeovil's Game Stuey against Forrest on Friday Night?
[/b]

No but my cousin was telling me about it. Unbelievable performance by the glovers that to go there and turn over a defecit in that manner. Outstanding. Blackpool look good though.

Well did anyone see the League 1 Playoff between Yeovil and Nottingham Forest, probably game of the season... with Yeovil traveling to forest with a 2 goal deficit and winning 5 - 2 in Extra Time...
[/b]

:cryy: Lol I listened to it on the radio at work over here, may have been a good game to watch for the neutral but a heart breaker for us Forest fans! How you cant defend a 2 goal lead for the last 8 minutes is beyond me, gutless and spineless performance by Forest. Would have been good seeing 45000 forest fans at wembley now there wont even be 45k in total for that match

<div class='quotemain'>
Well did anyone see the League 1 Playoff between Yeovil and Nottingham Forest, probably game of the season... with Yeovil traveling to forest with a 2 goal deficit and winning 5 - 2 in Extra Time...
[/b]

:cryy: Lol I listened to it on the radio at work over here, may have been a good game to watch for the neutral but a heart breaker for us Forest fans! How you cant defend a 2 goal lead for the last 8 minutes is beyond me, gutless and spineless performance by Forest. Would have been good seeing 45000 forest fans at wembley now there wont even be 45k in total for that match [/b][/quote]

But an absolute superb performance by Yeovil. I will put money Yeovil will be taking a good proportion of Fans up to Wembley, I for one shall be going to see them there... Blackpool will also bring down a good amount of Fans as well...

Forest were simply not good enough. They have been poor for too many Years, and if it wasn't for your keeper you would of lost in dramatic style...

You were lucky enough to get two penalties at Yeovil, even tho Yeovil had majority of the play during that game as well.

You could also say Forest chucked the league away when they were 7 points clear....

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

:cryy: Lol I listened to it on the radio at work over here, may have been a good game to watch for the neutral but a heart breaker for us Forest fans! How you cant defend a 2 goal lead for the last 8 minutes is beyond me, gutless and spineless performance by Forest. Would have been good seeing 45000 forest fans at wembley now there wont even be 45k in total for that match [/b][/quote]

But an absolute superb performance by Yeovil. I will put money Yeovil will be taking a good proportion of Fans up to Wembley, I for one shall be going to see them there... Blackpool will also bring down a good amount of Fans as well...

Forest were simply not good enough. They have been poor for too many Years, and if it wasn't for your keeper you would of lost in dramatic style...

You were lucky enough to get two penalties at Yeovil, even tho Yeovil had majority of the play during that game as well.

You could also say Forest chucked the league away when they were 7 points clear....
[/b][/quote]

The two penalties were clear cut, you could also say that Yeovil were not good enough that game too as despite all the possession they still couldnt score. Yeovil will take 10k to wembley max and they will be dispatched by Blackpool who are the form team of late.

As for Forest well depsite being the best team in the league for the first two thirds of the season they fell away when it mattered due to some very negative tactics by Colin Calderwood.

But make no mistake about it Forest will be back where they belong in the not too distant future as will the likes of Yeovil...

I know for a fact Yeovil will take more than 10K, You may feel we are a small town but we have huge support down here and have done remarkable things, I thought we would be lucky to stay in league 1 this year, but what they have done is fantastic, I don't think we are ready to be a championship side but if it happens it will be fantastic...

A teams success shouldn't be based on the number of fans watching them, Nottingham Forest feel because of their size they should be a Championship side, but the simple fact is that they got outplayed on two occassion by a Small "Village" Side...

Personally I can see Yeovil beating Blackpool at Wembley, Its one game and thats all that matters. Blackpool have been a good side this year, like Yeovil, Forest and Oldham, to get in the playoffs you need to be a good side... It will be a great clash.

I agree they were both blatent Penalties and Yeovil couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, I honestly thought that was Yeovil out of the Playoffs, but anything can happen in football as was proven...

Forest should be up there in the Championship but the fact is that they weren't good enough again this season... and I hope they do go back up to the Championship as it is a shame to see European Cup Holders in that position... I feel Yeovil should stay around the League 1 stage now, I don't ever believe I will see them in the Premiership...

Yeah i agree with everything you say, apart from the bit about beating Blackpool theyve won their last 9 games and even if Forest got there I wasnt expecting them to beat Blackpool.

Been a great year for Yeovil werent they something like 100-1 to make the playoffs at the start of the year?! Its not just cos of their support Forest fans think they should be up their its the History too. Although support is a factor, how many clubs would average over 20k in the third tier of English football 2 seasons in a row? Not many, I dont think teams like Chelsea would.

I think its a shame that both Forest and now Leeds will be in this division as both have everything in place to be a premiership team bar good players! by that i mean the stadium, good fanbase, big city etc

The championship and below for me, are the only leagues worth watching. European football is slow, full of cheats and players made out of paper. The EPL is just a faster, more corrupt and money driven version of the other european leagues. If that makes it the best, football is in a bad state.

There is nothing better than a play off final imo, its just a pity Stockport County didn't get there. After winning 5-0 in the last game. Check the league two table to see how close we were on the path to Wembley.

I feel sorry for you EPL fans...

BM

Latest posts