• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the games TOO easy

B

Black|Raven

playing in WL or any cup on elite level I've found alot of ways to manipulate the defense of the ai and find gaping holes. Its not hard, just a matter of observing the defensive patterns which rarely changes, eg. on your own 22m line you can gain yards down the blind and even score off a grubber kick. Once you see their winger go back for kick defense, head down the blind, grubber, regather,TRY (a bit of practice though).

That and the fact that I'm buying good key players in key positions(WL), eg. scrum half (bullet passes ensure great service to the fly half), secondrowers (winning lineouts), fullbacks (Counter attacks), wingers (try scoring.....duh) and a good kicker (any position, prefferebly fly half). Once you get them you can exploit defensive gaps and win cups. I've only lost one game in 3rd division and now I'm almost finished 2nd division winning 30+ every game.

Like rugby 05 im trying to build my team of super stars in 06 but what then, win games by 50+ undefeated, get the cup and do it over and over again (like R05)? Don't get me wrong I love this game to bits, but the only thing that will make this game survive is multiplayer! EA really need to work on there single playing ability.

the first couple of days I had the game I wasn't winning at all on elite, now I'm also finding it a bit easy

I found it really easy until I changed to Side view. The key is not to overplay the game, match after match, but I do agree the game is too easy. I think what I eventually will end up doing, is change all player stats to 100 apart from my own match 22 and then see what's what....

i agree with all u lads. Basically every possession for me is crash it up a few times with the 4wards, get some momentum, swing it out to the back and either recylce possesion or score. i was finding it really easy beating good teams by 20 points and then i played france and got smashed 24-0!

yup im finding too easy to win...

side view is great but it is still easy to win on. i make rules to make it harder:

1. no dive tackle
2. stay with the 1st player selected on defence for the rest of the tackle
3. no more than 3 runs with the forwards in a row

Originally posted by BOKean@Mar 16 2006, 08:47 PM
yup im finding too easy to win...

side view is great but it is still easy to win on. i make rules to make it harder:

1. no dive tackle
2. stay with the 1st player selected on defence for the rest of the tackle
3. no more than 3 runs with the forwards in a row
thats like my rules:

1. no dive tackles (unless im ****** off, therefore high tackles are in)
2. can only score drop goals after you reach 20 points
3. close to their line or after their 22m line, you can only score off set moves (looks way better)
4. only two forward hit ups in a row allowed

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Mar 16 2006, 12:53 AM
playing in WL or any cup on elite level I've found alot of ways to manipulate the defense of the ai and find gaping holes. Its not hard, just a matter of observing the defensive patterns which rarely changes, eg. on your own 22m line you can gain yards down the blind and even score off a grubber kick. Once you see their winger go back for kick defense, head down the blind, grubber, regather,TRY (a bit of practice though).

That and the fact that I'm buying good key players in key positions(WL), eg. scrum half (bullet passes ensure great service to the fly half), secondrowers (winning lineouts), fullbacks (Counter attacks), wingers (try scoring.....duh) and a good kicker (any position, prefferebly fly half). Once you get them you can exploit defensive gaps and win cups. I've only lost one game in 3rd division and now I'm almost finished 2nd division winning 30+ every game.

Like rugby 05 im trying to build my team of super stars in 06 but what then, win games by 50+ undefeated, get the cup and do it over and over again (like R05)? Don't get me wrong I love this game to bits, but the only thing that will make this game survive is multiplayer! EA really need to work on there single playing ability.
The game is easy if you play as a good team which is true of most sports games if you play them enough. Play as a lesser team and things should change. I'm playing as Scotland at the moment and having a real challenge. True, World League will get too easy but I don't really play it much as I know I will eventually have an unbeatable team and whats the fun in that?

Originally posted by jimmy44+Mar 17 2006, 02:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Black|Raven
@Mar 16 2006, 12:53 AM
playing in WL or any cup on elite level I've found alot of ways to manipulate the defense of the ai and find gaping holes.  Its not hard, just a matter of observing the defensive patterns which rarely changes, eg. on your own 22m line you can gain yards down the blind and even score off a grubber kick.  Once you see their winger go back for kick defense, head down the blind, grubber, regather,TRY (a bit of practice though).

That and the fact that I'm buying good key players in key positions(WL), eg. scrum half (bullet passes ensure great service to the fly half), secondrowers (winning lineouts), fullbacks (Counter attacks), wingers (try scoring.....duh) and a good kicker (any position, prefferebly fly half).  Once you get them you can exploit defensive gaps and win cups.  I've only lost one game in 3rd division and now I'm almost finished 2nd division winning 30+ every game.

The game is easy if you play as a good team which is true of most sports games if you play them enough. Play as a lesser team and things should change. I'm playing as Scotland at the moment and having a real challenge. True, World League will get too easy but I don't really play it much as I know I will eventually have an unbeatable team and whats the fun in that? [/b]
i do play with a lesser team.......i use samoa, fiji or scotland and this only means i have to kick more and play from side to side......without using forwards.
wat im saying is, its too easy to figure out the ai

yeh...thats why next version should be online so all who oppose my level of skills will perrish like a puff of smoke floating into a tornado...

its gameover when ya pit me in a multiplayer rugby game...

ive beaten chuck norris at this game....

OMG

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 21 2006, 12:09 AM
yeh...thats why next version should be online so all who oppose my level of skills will perrish like a puff of smoke floating into a tornado...

OMG
if you beat chuck he would have kicked you to death

Originally posted by BOKean+Mar 21 2006, 10:10 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Mar 21 2006, 12:09 AM

OMG
if you beat chuck he would have kicked you to death [/b]
yeah chiro you fu<kin LIAR!
LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! :angry: :ranting: :%#%#:

I don't know. My Bristol side won the first DIV III match 20-0 (I can't kick) and then I got my ass kicked in the first knock-out match 40-0. Then I won my third match 10-3 (Nawali had both tries and about 4 knock-ons). I got killed in the scrums in my last match. I think I need better forwards... I am only playing on medium. I play Berti instead of Heffler ar #10. I think I need to stick with Heffler so I can make a kick... Has anyone else noticed that Nawali has absolutely no stamina if you hit the sprint button?

I beat NZ with Scotland 39-24. That said, I scored two tries in the last 10 minutes and it was incredibly tense. If the opposition score first, it makes it much harder. Silly programming.

Originally posted by Black|Raven+Mar 21 2006, 10:13 PM-->
Originally posted by BOKean@Mar 21 2006, 10:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Mar 21 2006, 12:09 AM

OMG

if you beat chuck he would have kicked you to death
yeah chiro you fu<kin LIAR!
LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! :angry: :ranting: :%#%#: [/b]
negro pleez!

im still here posting useless ****!...

chuck was soooo dissapointed that he went to europe...and thats why there rugby sucks

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Mar 21 2006, 10:36 PM
I beat NZ with Scotland 39-24. That said, I scored two tries in the last 10 minutes and it was incredibly tense. If the opposition score first, it makes it much harder. Silly programming.
Does it? I have scored first on loads of occasions and been beaten by the Ai - similarly when they score first I have come back to thump teams no problem. Can't see this as a programming issue.

Originally posted by USArugger@Mar 21 2006, 10:26 PM
I don't know. My Bristol side won the first DIV III match 20-0 (I can't kick) and then I got my ass kicked in the first knock-out match 40-0. Then I won my third match 10-3 (Nawali had both tries and about 4 knock-ons). I got killed in the scrums in my last match. I think I need better forwards... I am only playing on medium. I play Berti instead of Heffler ar #10. I think I need to stick with Heffler so I can make a kick... Has anyone else noticed that Nawali has absolutely no stamina if you hit the sprint button?
On that FH half problem, just stick Heffler in at FB, thats what i did for all of 2005. Luckily i had Dave Hodge for the new Career mode.

BM

FB Huh? I have him at #10 now and he got three conversions and twp penalty kicks in my last game. I am now 3-1 in DIV III. I lost a match 21-19 dangit... I made some dumb decisions. I picked up Botha. Hasn't helped my scrums much.

What I found great fun (I havn't played the game in the last month 'cause I broke my thumb and I had pretty much mastered Pro when it happened and hadn't even started my WL) pick a club team like Leicester, Sale, Toulouse anyone like that and play against good national teams like the South Africans on Elite. I won some and I lost some but it was always a fun challenge

Originally posted by USArugger@Mar 21 2006, 10:26 PM
Nawali gasses out real easy. I've got Heffler b/c he can boot it, and I am at %85 percent kicking with him.

I just wish this game would let you practice set pieces. It's hard for me to get the timing down for scrums.

Latest posts