• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Glitch / Problem Thread

Seriously HB the penalty kick glitch NEEDS to be adressed. It's becoming increasingly frustrating to play this game when you are a smaller team and you are beating a bigger team by one or two points, only to lose the game to a 50 m penalty awarded for an incident which took place on their try line. It;s ruining the game a lot for me simply because of this glitch.

is there any mention that a patch to update and correct glitches will be coming out?

hi,

don't know if either of these have been mentioned but i have noticed a couple of problems that need to be addressed.

- set plays off mauls often result in a penalty for not being able to release the ball, even if the ball has been released and the play has started.
- when defending scrums, the scrum can be turned 90 degrees to get a rescrum even if you are going backwards as you're doing it. this is called whip wheel and i don't know if results in a long or short arm penalty but to successively turn a scrum you have to be going forward as you do it.

other than this i think the game is pretty good so far.

xbox 360 patched, playing online I punted from a penalty and the opposition player quickly threw the ball back into play and play went on. There was no line out awarded to me.

No Advantage when taking a quick tap on penalty and opposition is not 10m back !

CPU still get kick at post on half line of you gave away a penalty in their 22 ?

I downloaded the patch on my PS3 hopping many issues will be sorted, but overall it just seems that game was never properly tested before release !

Seriously HB the penalty kick glitch NEEDS to be adressed. It's becoming increasingly frustrating to play this game when you are a smaller team and you are beating a bigger team by one or two points, only to lose the game to a 50 m penalty awarded for an incident which took place on their try line. It;s ruining the game a lot for me simply because of this glitch.

Yes, this definitely needs patched. This is an extremely broken part of the game that happens often.

Also, the percentage of kicks the cpu opposition gets over on the various difficulty levels is a farce. They seem to kick higher then 95% on easy, 97% on medium and 99% on hard! I know that's not exactly right, but it's not far off. There needs to be a part of the AI programmed that makes it so that they find it harder the further out they are and nail something more like only 50% from longer range or extremely wider out conversions!

The "losing a controllable player" bug is still happening a lot! If you change player on defence a few times rapidly, all of a sudden it gives you absolutely no-one until the next tackle!

I had possibly the worst glitch filled match ever. Trying to do the achievment to win the world cup final on hard with Namibia, playing Aus in the final. I was going well, 6-3 up with about 15 mins left to go. I get a kickable penalty, but it goes back to halfway, so I decided to kick for touch. I won the lineout, start to drive the maul, then pass it out, but as the ball is in my fly halves hands, the whistle goes saying the ball was unplayable in the ruck, scrum to them. Its literally a scrum 5 to them, what do they do? They pass it back over their line, their 10 touches the ball down. Drop out 22. What? So they take the drop out, my player jumps for it, theirs doesnt't, just runs and catches the ball, and breaks 2 tackles and runs to about my 22, I manage to tackle him. Then the ball was unplayable in the ruck so its their scrum. Bearing in mind that its 75 mins gone, I'm still 6-3 up, and pooing myself. Anyway they win the scrum, and put in a crossfield kick. Whilst the camera is still zooming out, their winger is currently catching the ball, breaking the tackle of my wing, then my full back has a nice time of standing there doing nothing while the Australian winger pretty much runs straight past him and in for a try. 80 mins, game over. My controller was then smashed.

HB whats the update on patches ? I hope you guys don't drop us in it and not release any further patches. It's all gone very quiet. Some of these issues are "must haves" rather than "nice to haves".

im doin the wc with russia on hard and made it to the quater finals playing against south africa and for some reason everytime i get the drop goal over, i don'
t get the 3 points, it goe's back to a 22 drop out instead.has anyone else had that glitch?

On Canada, Van de Merwe has brown hair, he should have bleach blonde hair

im doin the wc with russia on hard and made it to the quater finals playing against south africa and for some reason everytime i get the drop goal over, i don'
t get the 3 points, it goe's back to a 22 drop out instead.has anyone else had that glitch?

Are you taking the drop goal off a scrum? Cuz if so, it doesn't work

Another version of grubber glitch. Forward runs to oppos goal line...he is tackled JUST AFTER grubber has been kicked..advantage is given to defending team!!!

Surely it must be a PENALTY to forwards for playing a player without the ball.

oh **** didn't no that rule thought u could take a d.g from the scrum but now i no u cant lol.
thanks for the info fellas.

Gameplay glitch

I was just playing in warm up tour as New Zealand vs Ireland and at half time i clicked resume game then as i tried to kick the screen did a little transition thing and i went back to the half time menu so i clicked resume game and all of a sudden my fly-half (Harper) had the ball at the half way line and i could run so i started running and half the players were standing in a corner doing nothing, I then realized the game clock read 40:00 and wasn't flashing or red then the ball went behind the dead ball line and the Irish player kept trying to pick it up but nothing would happen. here is a video THAT IS NOT MINE but pretty much shows what i was experiencing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 5 red cards in 5 different games and today i got two red cards in one game but yet i still havent been given the "Early Shower" trophy. Can anyone tell me whats going on or if I'm doing something wrong. All of the matches are international tests.

Thanks

Discovered a glitch relating to restarting a match, playing X360 fully patched.

Was playing as Wales vs. France in Paris, was losing as the clock neared 80 minutes so I paused and restarted the match. When I did I found that all my players had their models switched with others on the team. For example, Sam Warburton was running around with Halfpenny's model (small, white scrum cap) but it still said Warburton under him and on the selected player graphic at the bottom of the screen and he also seemed to have H'penny's speed and agility. Halfpenny on the other hand had someone else's model.

Many problems with this game, many as stated above. Firstly the game freezes the majority of the time when a replacement is needed for a injured player (that is if you have been told they are injured) otherwise they are still running around with no energy!

Secondly and my main moan is why the hell am I not being awarded some drop goals when they are clearly straight through the middle of the posts. I can understand if it was towards the top of the post, but these are going straight through and Im not being awarded them. This has now happened on a few occasions, when Im playing teams on hard!

Why doesn't the comp miss kicks? Why when I pass the ball out im told its un playable? Why cant I always take a quick throw ins? Why is the Comp so good at set plays?

Who the hell picked the squads?

There were expectations for this game... They haven't been met!!

sammydee are u doing drop goals straight from a scrum bro?cause as i found out u cant.in general play u can mate.

This game crashes quite a lot on me. I've noticed it happening identically twice. I have a line out in the opposition 22. Throw to front and Maul. Then take it on with a forward by pressing 'B', he goes into contact and the game crashes.
To be honest I defended this game, but probably because of the novelty of actually having a new rugby game. It has been really grating on me of late with little annoyances and me realising that the gameplay isn't that great. I'm hoping the other game will be better but I'm not holding my breath.